Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT just said that if Roo comes onto the board then Richo is gone. Bassett has said he would love Roo to be involved in the club. Can’t help but feel Richo is delusional & ignorant.
Rooey come on down. PLEASE!

Wow that was so awkward when Robbo was talking about social media and how he's getting messages saying the players have turned on him and he's getting sacked
That’s right. So either the player revolt is not true or he’s got a massive job to turn them around even if they do stay and if they do there would be a massive risk of thewheels falling off their years. He must feel very awkward with all that.

I think their preferred candidate is not available until 2020. They probably decided to go another year with Richo instead of an interim. Just get a lot of support around him. It has been reported that Ratten doesn't want the top job. Not sure why people think that is a natural move.

Anyway....I have been wrong before, but I think we have Richo for next year. Or at least until mid-season.

Same, just going to be a wasted year if he is there maybe just a 3 game membership
Yep, there is nothing without hope and I feel without hope.

Maybe in contrast to others I’d rather step back and half rebuild again rather than just slap together a list that could be in and out of 8th to 11th for a handful of years, but basically the real dream is gone.

Lol people, yes go on national TV and be a crazy mofo that people are out to get you and let the world burn.

Would do Richo the world of good yes?

Also, consider the people who would be texting Robbo. First cab off the rank would probably the local fish & chip shop, second would be the garbo, then maybe Hutchy.

Elite.

Richo does the best simple jack but there must be more to the campaigner than meets the eye.

I once new a guy who went from a very lowly position to a senior job in a time of turmoil, he told me that whilst he operated the shredder he also photo copied one of everything important for personal use.

Richo must have the best photo album/dirt file of all time.

I'm just going to run with the assumption that he's staying now. All this sack talk is too stressful... if he gets sacked he gets sacked but it seems the board are behind him and he will be there in 2019.

So on that note, I hope he takes the time to sit down with the players and listen to their grievances and works with them to improve next year. 2018 was a debacle, but it's done now and the most important thing is that we're better next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, we will probably go ok next year. Easier draw. New coaching set up. Some new players. Been in Moorabbin another year. Some young guys playing a bit better with more fitness and experience. Not Top 8 or anything. Probably back to 9-12.

Not ideal, but a holding year until we possibly get the coach we want. Just me speculating.

certainly going to have to go through the proper process.
I know it’s been very amateurish this season but I have full faith in Lethlean and Bassat, even more so tonight than I did a few days ago.
I know we all want answers now but trust me when I say our board is going through what it needs to go through to come out with the right outcome for us all.
Very comforting words there Ghost.

The proper process.......that is something that I so badly wanted to hear.

Especially after Narkles extremely enlightening post last week in reference to the clubs process......or lack of over the last 30 years.......…for picking a coach.

My personal view is that this whole situation has been amplified for Richo by him being a weekly stalwart on AFL 360 every Monday night for two years. We agree that this season was well below expectations, but honestly what can he be expected to realistically say each week that would appease fans. As far as I can recall, the same occurred for bucks when he was on 360 during that period when the pies were under performing.

I would in no way suggest that his media performances on AFL 360 are representative of his coaching persona as a whole.

More than happy for the board to bring in more capable assistants to help a bloke who is seemingly a good people person and lets see what 2019 brings.

Believing in rumours and scuttlebutt does the club, nor the supporters any good.

Richo has said “strong” at least 27 times in the past 10 minutes
Strangely he looked more relaxed and open to a laugh than I've ever seen him.
Either knows he's safe or comfortable with the planned exit strategy already partly enacted.

Look, yeah the BigFooty ITKs probably didn't get that right.

I reckon you're probably asking if I'm still the coach and while that is my want, I reckon a lot of players have been really strong in the contest and we'll wait and see.

But traffic numbers on Bigfooty Saints board have been positive over the weekend so that's significantly pleasing.

I'm just going to run with the assumption that he's staying now. All this sack talk is too stressful... if he gets sacked he gets sacked but it seems the board are behind him and he will be there in 2019.

So on that note, I hope he takes the time to sit down with the players and listen to their grievances and works with them to improve next year. 2018 was a debacle, but it's done now and the most important thing is that we're better next year.
Sadly, if he stays for 2019 he's likely to be even more conservative, more boring and play it even safer and unimaginative with team selection and player usage. He will do so in the knowledge that only a successful win/loss tally will potentially save him once the Saints are able to sack him without breaking contracts and incurring excessive payouts.

Just imagine an even more boring year

Nah; think he has to go.

Strangely he looked more relaxed and open to a laugh than I've ever seen him.
Either knows he's safe or comfortable with the planned exit strategy already partly enacted.
Probably exit him eventually into the Head of our Academy. We never really did that did we after all the noise? In other words....development. Would be a good move and a dignified finish. And smart. He's a good guy and good at the Development side.

Then maybe Longmire or Clarkson in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back