Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
choda.jpg

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
If rather player finals than not play finals

I mean seriously who do you wanna be right now. Geelong who's won 3 flags the last two decades and are still playing finals.

Or us. We haven't played finals in 7 seasons for crying out loud.

Yep sure. But don't sugarcoat it.

3 finals wins in their last 12. That is making up the numbers.

Last flag was in 2011 and had more to do with the list than the coach. Talk about getting lucky and walking into a ready made team.

What's there to sugar coat. It is what it is.

I'd much rather be Geelong right now than us. We can't even make finals.

Last flag was in 2011 and had more to do with the list than the coach. Talk about getting lucky and walking into a ready made team.

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
What's there to sugar coat. It is what it is.

I'd much rather be Geelong right now than us. We can't even make finals.

I'd suggest there are a number of Cat supporters that want more than to just make it to finals.

It's nearly like being 9th year after year. You dont want to make finals just to make up numbers. You want to actually challenge for the fricken thing. 3 out of 12 tells me that isnt really happening at present.

This.

I'd suggest there are a number of Cat supporters that want more than to just make it to finals.

It's nearly like being 9th year after year. You dont want to make finals just to make up numbers. You want to actually challenge for the fricken thing. 3 out of 12 tells me that isnt really happening at present.

then i'm all ears for your opinion on our club then, if finals isnt enough for you. in previous seasons you were defending richardson for crying out loud!!!

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
then i'm all ears for your opinion on our club then, if finals isnt enough for you. in previous seasons you were defending richardson for crying out loud!!!

Go back to the quotes. My stance has been that there are multiple issues not just 1 guy. That chopping 1 guy was not going to be the miracle cure some hoped it to be. The fact that you and others wanted to fantasise about getting the likes of SuperCoach Clarko et al in to lead the team were fanciful at best.

Back to Geelong.
How many finals would you suggest was enough before you actually had to challenge and not just make up numbers?
This isn't a team that has been in finals for the last 2. They have consistently gotten there but in the end have not made much headway. They have gone hard at trading away multiple 1st round picks for players and yet have nothing to show for it. And talk about them going hard at trading again has talk in some circles asking whether all they are doing is keeping a status quo rather than moving upwards.

Are you telling me that you would rather see St Kilda just 'make' the finals? Or would you rather them actually be a challenger for that last day in September?

Go back to the quotes. My stance has been that there are multiple issues not just 1 guy. That chopping 1 guy was not going to be the miracle cure some hoped it to be. The fact that you and others wanted to fantasise about getting the likes of SuperCoach Clarko et al in to lead the team were fanciful at best.

Back to Geelong.
How many finals would you suggest was enough before you actually had to challenge and not just make up numbers?
This isn't a team that has been in finals for the last 2. They have consistently gotten there but in the end have not made much headway. They have gone hard at trading away multiple 1st round picks for players and yet have nothing to show for it. And talk about them going hard at trading again has talk in some circles asking whether all they are doing is keeping a status quo rather than moving upwards.

Are you telling me that you would rather see St Kilda just 'make' the finals? Or would you rather them actually be a challenger for that last day in September?

The sad thing for us is the kids they have picked up as well as getting their hands on old guys are just as good if not better than ours. They probably need some more young talent and stop relying on scraps but they aren't too far off. I think Ablett was their big mistake. He's almost a negative with his aura and leaving kids that could play his role out. Kelly was a find and Constable and Lauchie Fogarty both look like high quality kids.

Their list is very good still and not anywhere near as bad as ours as well as making finals while we were bottom of the ladder and bringing in top talent from other clubs. I wish we were Geelong. They have spent the best part of 15 years in the top 8 and have 3 premierships in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back