Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
He's spoken to Mav five or six times since he got delisted. He's spoken to clubs on his behalf.
This is a bloke who was too time poor to watch a contacted player last season.
Yeah - a bloke who was considered our 4th best ruckman at the time and who was playing with a team who's coach was

our ruck coach.

FMD - haters hate!!!!

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
* me drunk. Richo is ringing clubs up telling them what Mav an asset would be to them.
What do you reckon their first question will be?
'Is this the bloke you delisted for Dean Kent?'

Bloke should fully concentrate on the job that he's paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do. And hasn't been doing all that well of late.

While this maybe doesn't take a lot of time or energy it is still effort redirected away from the core business of running St Kilda.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
**** me drunk. Richo is ringing clubs up telling them what Mav an asset would be to them.
What do you reckon their first question will be?
'Is this the bloke you delisted for Dean Kent?'

Bloke should fully concentrate on the job that he's paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do. And hasn't been doing all that well of late.

While this maybe doesn't take a lot of time or energy it is still effort redirected away from the core business of running St Kilda.
i have it on good authority Richo spent 20 mins on the dunny the other day .. surely he should be more focused on the team (who hadnt even started back yet) instead of expelling faecal matter out of his anus !!! sack him now and sack Finnis too .. and while we are at it sack Geary cause its gotta be his falut some how as well
honestly such a nothing issue ...
give it up ...

Gotta say I'm not convinced about Richo.

I'm concerned about the game plan and the team selections, although those concerns may be largely alleviated with all the off field changes that have been made. And I'm concerned about how he comes across to us fans. Doesn't install enormous confidence in me.

However, I have absolutely no issue with him using some of his time helping out Mav or anyone else who may have been unfortunate enough to have been delisted.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed anyone does have a problem with it

Been a long off-season I reckon. Some are going a bit loopy.

I certainly am... not at all into the racing and I don't think the cricket is going to help take our minds off the footy....

Last edited:

Moorabbin Ghost

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
Day 2 of pre season and already the club is in crisis.
Hanners leaves his tour of every Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous camp in NSW/QLD early to return to training and what is found inside the number 1 locker yesterday? A bottle of brandy. And despite Hanners denials everybody knows it’s not Tom Hickey’s because the only thing he drinks is his own bath water.
And for the second day running Richo has thrown the whistle to the players and told them to do whatever they want because he’s on the phone again all day telling every other club how good Bleach is.
Shambles.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Day 2 of pre season and already the club is in crisis.
Hanners leaves his tour of every Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous camp in NSW/QLD early to return to training and what is found inside the number 1 locker yesterday? A bottle of brandy. And despite Hanners denials everybody knows it’s not Tom Hickey’s because the only thing he drinks is his own bath water.
And for the second day running Richo has thrown the whistle to the players and told them to do whatever they want because he’s on the phone again all day telling every other club how good Bleach is.
Shambles.
Dont forget that one patch of grass that means we need to move back to Seaford and burn Moorabbin to the ground.

I certainly am... not at all into the racing and I don't think the cricket is going to help take our minds off the footy....
With you there Diehard......my daily log in here certainly keeps me going.....it's going to be a long slog thru to mid/late Feb.

Another HUGE plus for the off season are all the games that George posted on the media thread......an absolute "life saver"

I'm voting for George next election!!!!!!!

EDIT....George's magnificent collection of games to watch is in: "The St.Kilda Football Archieve " thread.

Last edited:

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dont forget that one patch of grass that means we need to move back to Seaford and burn Moorabbin to the ground.
dont forget the time trial debarkle where White may or may not have been lapped by a bloke who may have never run in collingwoods time trial but certainly (possibly, maybe, i think..) would have never won it ....
total shambles of a club

SaintOfLondon

Senior List
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Definitely. What an uplifting gesture he has made to an ex player that will show the rest of the playing group that they will be looked after as best they can.

Can't see a negative in it at all, as much as people want to make out like it is.

Completely agree

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone bagging Richo for being a good bloke can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned. There were people bagging him for doing a course in leadership too.

Fair dinkum. I’ve bagged the bloke this year, but you’re on another level when you’re bagging him when he does good things. Give him a fair go, at the end of the day he wants what we want - for this club to succeed.

Baldur

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 23, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty much made up my mind re Richo. Good bloke, poor senior coach.

This year we seemed to play with either no game plan or one the players simply could not follow. Team selection was strange & match day coaching dreadful. Furthermore most developing players either failed to develop or went backwards. The spirit appeared to go out of the team & the messaging to the fans was infuriating.

Frankly on every measure of a coach he failed. Sure he had some rubbish support, but not one win for his coaching appears to show a guy promoted beyond his ability, who when things went wrong, had no idea & flailed around helplessly.

Glad we have Ratten around, was a far better coach than Carlton gave him credit for & has been exposed to Clarkson.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty much made up my mind re Richo. Good bloke, poor senior coach.

This year we seemed to play with either no game plan or one the players simply could not follow. Team selection was strange & match day coaching dreadful. Furthermore most developing players either failed to develop or went backwards. The spirit appeared to go out of the team & the messaging to the fans was infuriating.

Frankly on every measure of a coach he failed. Sure he had some rubbish support, but not one win for his coaching appears to show a guy promoted beyond his ability, who when things went wrong, had no idea & flailed around helplessly.

Glad we have Ratten around, was a far better coach than Carlton gave him credit for & has been exposed to Clarkson.
Ratts exposed himself to Clarko? Oh my...

Anyhoo... Grilled Cho on 360 was embarrassing.

Not a betting man but I honestly believe Cho will be in a player development role by mid year and Ratts head coach.

Last edited:

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ratts exposed himself to Clarko? Oh my...

Anyhoo... Grilled Cho on 360 was embarrassing.

Not a betting man but I honestly believe Cho will be in a player development role by mid year and Ratts head coach.
Think he lasts the season - unless it’s armegeddon.. Every single person at the club has eyes on round 1. It’s literally grand final. They know if we lose that, the media will eat us alive. Few of the guys are *****ing themselves already.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Think he lasts the season - unless it’s armegeddon.. Every single person at the club has eyes on round 1. It’s literally grand final. They know if we lose that, the media will eat us alive. Few of the guys are *****ing themselves already.
Wow. Kinda sad if some are freaking out about playing GC at home.
I want to see improved gameplan... a gameplan.
And improvement from within. We likely won't make finals but some decent improvement would be expected and appreciated.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wow. Kinda sad if some are freaking out about playing GC at home.
I want to see improved gameplan... a gameplan.
And improvement from within. We likely won't make finals but some decent improvement would be expected and appreciated.
It’s the pressure of it. There’s still not a lot of confidence around the sheds. We expect to win it for sure - but the storm that will be if we don’t worries everyone.

It’s the pressure of it. There’s still not a lot of confidence around the sheds. We expect to win it for sure - but the storm that will be if we don’t worries everyone.

Who’s not confident? The players, the coaches or the admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back