Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Trav , i do know that no one gives a s**t about what most people write on here but you need to understand that if you keep posting eveything as fact from the hoses mouth or very close to it and saying you were speaking with Blake ect its different to the normal bullshit thats posted on here and could lead to problems , you dont think it will so lets call it a day as we are never go to agree on this point
where have i ever posted anything saying its from the horses mouth ? i have always said "my source has said" or "in my opinion" ... you are the one to link my source as being Blake (who it isnt) i have not ever said that ...
you are right we are going around in circles and moving further away from the initial post you made that promped my responce

Well, SOMEBODY has to be. With the exception of Steven, maybe Carlisle, and now Hanners, we have a whole lot of players that most people wouldn't recognise. I can already hear the "under the radar" argument, that most funs/pundits usually don't rate our players. But that wasn't the case in 2009: we don't have much in the way of star quality, of players that make people sit up and take notice the way that Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne used to do. Premiership teams need a fair few of those.

Genuine question bc I don’t remember, aside from Roo who was always going to be a star....how long did it take for Lenny, Dal, Joey and Milney to actually get to elite status? I do remember it took BJ quite a few years.

Growing up ,,,, Mature , Responsible , Reliable , Dependable , Consistent just to name a few things associated with growing up , Not sure Blake ticks too many of those boxes yet , Lets hope he does soon
On the part of your posting , you feel free to post whatever you like , i just hope it doesn't come back to bite you one day

With all due respect, unless you know Blake personally, or work at the club, how can you make a generalisation like that?

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because you didn't like it , its stupid LOL get over yourself ,
no not cause i didnt like because it was stupid ... how a player needs to "grow the F-up" after a season wasted from injury is stupid on every level ... that not me not liking it its a numbskull comment ... Tom Mitchell is now out for 2019 at the start of 2020 will you post he needs to get over himself cause he didnt produce another brownlow year ....
it was a dumb comment lets just leave it at that

With all due respect, unless you know Blake personally, or work at the club, how can you make a generalisation like that?
Im talking about on the field , i dont care if he is Ben Cousins off the field, all i care about is what he brings on game day, now you tell me how many of those traits does he have on field ATM

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Genuine question bc I don’t remember, aside from Roo who was always going to be a star....how long did it take for Lenny, Dal, Joey and Milney to actually get to elite status? I do remember it took BJ quite a few years.
in Lennys book he made mention that he really didnt feel he was a "player" until about 2002-2003 ... i remember Dal impressing me from day one .... Joey took some time he was sorta in and out early on... when Milney came in i thought it was a contest between him and Brett Moil to stay in the team

no not cause i didnt like because it was stupid ... how a player needs to "grow the F-up" after a season wasted from injury is stupid on every level ... that not me not liking it its a numbskull comment ... Tom Mitchell is now out for 2019 at the start of 2020 will you post he needs to get over himself cause he didnt produce another brownlow year ....
it was a dumb comment lets just leave it at that
Reading stupid comments like that about Tom Mitchell makes me think its you who needs to grow up , what a pathetic thing to say, you should be so proud of yourself , Run along

Im talking about on the field , i dont care if he is Ben Cousins off the field, all i care about is what he brings on game day, now you tell me how many of those traits does he have on field ATM

Well actually he was having a very consistent season till he was injured, and you’ll probably find that percentage-wise over the past two seasons he was probably our most dependable and reliable kick for goal.

I think we tend to forget that these kids are 22/23 years old....the majority will hit their straps more around the mid-twenties. Mark my words, if he and JB can stay injury free and they are played in positions they are best suited to, we are going to have two beauties for the next hopefully eight years or so.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Reading stupid comments like that about Tom Mitchell makes me think its you who needs to grow up , what a pathetic thing to say, you should be so proud of yourself , Run along
its the same thing as you have said.... except on the extreme level ....
you are talking about being Reliable , Dependable , Consistent as something Blake hasnt been as a negative on him as a person based on last year, a season where he was injured and played out of position .... how exactly does one become Consistant when they are out of the side with a goin injury ? how exactly does a player become Reliable when he is pinch hitting in the ruck against an actual ruckman? how does a player become Dependable when they are asked to do things outside of their ability due to an injury ?
i mean fair go .. we all want blake to become a star player for us but given the issues he had just getting on the park last year i reckon he deserves to be cut a bit of slack ... heck theres certaily players who performed worse for us last year who had less going against them then Blake had

its the same thing as you have said.... except on the extreme level ....
you are talking about being Reliable , Dependable , Consistent as something Blake hasnt been as a negative on him as a person based on last year, a season where he was injured and played out of position .... how exactly does one become Consistant when they are out of the side with a goin injury ? how exactly does a player become Reliable when he is pinch hitting in the ruck against an actual ruckman? how does a player become Dependable when they are asked to do things outside of their ability due to an injury ?
i mean fair go .. we all want blake to become a star player for us but given the issues he had just getting on the park last year i reckon he deserves to be cut a bit of slack ... heck theres certaily players who performed worse for us last year who had less going against them then Blake had
Why do you keep saying based on one season , im basing on several seasons ,anyway its his time now and come the end of the year and he has had no injuries i would expect him to finish top 10 in the B&F or very close to it , anything less than that i would regard as a poor season

The biggest problem with Acres and Billings is that we desperately want them to be out and out stars!!!!!

the biggest issue is that we are 5 years in, going into their 6th season and we are still talking about potential

but the point is he didnt have a poor year without injury his injury was 100% the thing to derail his year ... any player who has a poor year without having Injury as the cause is going to be under pressure that has nothing to do with him needing to grow the F-up , look at Mav he had a shocker year and he got delisted ... but all indicators were pointing to Blake having a very strong year last year until the injury cut him down ... even with that injury he still performed to a reasonably acceptable level

i guess thats my point, although i disagree on the statement "any player"

when you are a new draftee taken in the first round you are going to get time based on potential. acres is now out of that territory IMO. he may very well be stunted by injury, but unfortunately for acres because he's yet to show a consistent level of acceptable football, he's going to find himself under pressure

i mean we could very well get to this point next year and find that acres is no longer on our list

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
I think Hunter and Coff come to mind who could be super players for us not to mention Gresh who already is a gun and Big Max down the track , Ps , Jake is not a star and never will be , very good player and thats it IMO
Yep absolutely right - Carlsisle's about as much a star as Rance, McGovern (J), Hooker or Jake Lever.

Many of those by 2004/05, because we got to prelims by then. Here's the thing: there are your "diamonds in the rough" types, where they are recognised as stars in crappy teams, who despite their abilities can't make up for the rest of the players in their team (think Patrick Cripps at Carlton for example); but for the most part, the way to get recognised as a star, is to get your team to finals. Until our players start getting us in the 8, they'll continue to not be stars and at best sit with the potential tag. Which as DF points out, after six freakin' years is wearing pretty thin.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
the biggest issue is that we are 5 years in, going into their 6th season and we are still talking about potential
but even you have to admit year on year he is improving with this year being the only backwards step due to injury ... some players will hit their potential in the first two seasons some it will take longer some it may never happen be it from injury, position, coaching, opportunity, dedication....
if Blake has an injury free year and performs poorly and is playing majority VFL footy then yeah he is in trouble and is fighting to make it but from what we saw pre injury and even what we saw post injury while not elite performance Blake had earnt his spot in the team and is an AFL quality player ... the test is to see if he continues the pre injury form and becomes an elite player or if he stagnates and is a run of the mill player ... i think we all hope he becomes elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back