Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

George totally agree mate , however you are flogging a dead horse if you think you can change a few of these peoples views.

Being a St Kilda supporter is hard , we seem to cop it from everywhere - media and even our own supporters at times.

We have undergone massive change at the club - management - coaches - players and things are starting to look like we are heading in the right direction , however we still here the sack Richardson calls and what idiots they are for signing Hannerbery.

I haven't heard anyone say management had the balls to snare Max King even with the injury he had or picking up Bytel knowing every club bypassed him due to injury.

They are 2 of the best draft picks we have scored for many years and we are lucky we secured them with the picks we had.
And just give them a couple years to mature and we are set for many years to come.
The same goes with Hunter - Clarke and Coffield .

The former top-10 prospect “too good too ignore”
SEN - Thu, 22nd Nov 2018

Only 12 months ago, Jack Bytel was tipped to be selected near the top 10 in this year’s National Draft.
Bytel’s 2017 was so brilliant it had set him up to be one of the elite selections in the 2018 draft according to AFL Academy coach Luke Power.
Injuries curtailed the 2018 season of the prolific Calder Cannons co-captain and midfielder but according to Power.

and we got the kid with pick 41
There's a reason he slipped to 41. He has much chance of making it as Brandon white when he joined the club.

We've had other players who were tipped to go top 10 prior to their draft year. They slip sometimes to the rookie list. Gone a year later.

nah. Dunstan, Ross our elite mids, Joyce is our FB? Battle at chb?
We got Amatuer WA player and
Melbourne reject as our "exciting" hopes? We have a frankston dolphin ruckman.
We are a mess. And to top it off pur coach is the most boring uninspiring man on the planet. Seriously as if
want to play for him.
Our two top picks are mediocre. We just lost #1 pick and our best player in roberton
Our top pick and white hope is already an acl in. Our other major pick bytel you can already tell will NEVER PLAY. The kid has a broken back FFS. We keep picking broken people.
call beyond blue , I think you need help

Doesn’t sound like it if you hope we lose. I’ve never hoped we would ever lose. That’s not a supporter
I wouldnt in the game. of course i want to win ill be going hard for us.... just saying ... mebourne and carton bottomed out hard but theyll
now win flags. where if we keep 10-15 as a minnow we'll never get anywhere.

call beyond blue , I think you need help

If he doesn’t, I might, after reading some of the stuff on here.

Last night I seriously considered #ECO for a period from this forum it was making me so depressed.
Yet here I am today...talk about an addiction :$

I wouldnt in the game. of course i want to win ill be going hard for us.... just saying ... mebourne and carton bottomed out hard but theyll
now win flags.
where if we keep 10-15 as a minnow we'll never get anywhere.

Really? There’s a guarantee? Where do we sign up?

now win flags. where if we keep 10-15 as a minnow we'll never get anywhere.
They will now win flags? Based on what. There is no correct way of doing it but deliberately losing isn’t a good start. Remember the Kruzer cup. Where did that get the blues

I actually hope we lose to GCS the quicker reality sets in the better.

I don’t accept “I hope we lose” for the purpose of better draft picks.
I definitely don’t accept it for sacking a coach.

I wanted Richo gone as much as anyone last year but if you want St Kilda to do what Melbourne did and embrace a losing culture that took 10 years to get out of, follow another team or just follow another sport.

A winning culture is the most important thing. Once you accept mediocrity and accept a loss because it had to happen, how can you get anyone to play to win?

Sundays game
Uninspiring over the line WIN v gold coast at home. You watch.
whhooppdeedo

We can only win against who we’re scheduled to play. It was a joke when Robbo said we’re stuffed if we lose but if we win people will say “oh it was only Gold Coast”

A win is a win. Watch another sport.
We haven’t even played a single minute of footy and you’re already the most negative one on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted Richo gone as much as anyone last year but if you want St Kilda to do what Melbourne did and embrace a losing culture that took 10 years to get out of, follow another team or just follow another sport.

A winning culture is the most important thing. Once you accept mediocrity and accept a loss because it had to happen, how can you get anyone to play to win?
We are currently back
into losing culture. have been since 2012.
They will now win flags? Based on what. There is no correct way of doing it but deliberately losing isn’t a good start. Remember the Kruzer cup. Where did that get the blues

Ya right. Draft order isnt as important as we think. BUT the quicker ratten becomes our coach the better.

Of course I dont want us to lose.

Look at Carlton are you joking? 2021 onwards theyll be flag contending/winning
Cripps, Walsh, Dow, Fisher, Stocker, Obrien, Docherty, Cunningham, Newman, Kennedy, Setterfield

Talls: Weirering, McKay, Curnow, Phillips, Goddard, McGovern

look at that future! What have we got?
injury mess. Austin/Clark/Coffield/Marshall shouldve been in the team IF theybwere any good.
But no DUNSTAN ROSS PIERCE JOYCE workhorse spuds are ahead OF them.
Sorry to be negative but the truth is this rebuild has been herrondous.
Half were chosen because they were GOOD BOYS due to schoolgirl BS and then other half desperate for ANY half decent player - steele was great but hanneberry and carlsile are cooked.
We obviously didnt donthe due diligence on hanas. THAT is a disgrace.

We are currently back
into losing culture. have been since 2012.

Ya right. Draft order isnt as important as we think. BUT the quicker ratten becomes our coach the better.

Of course I dont want us to lose.

Look at Carlton are you joking? 2021 onwards theyll be flag contending/winning
Cripps, Walsh, Dow, Fisher, Stocker, Obrien, Docherty, Cunningham, Newman, Kennedy, Setterfield

Talls: Weirering, McKay, Curnow, Phillips, Goddard, McGovern

look at that future! What have we got?
injury mess. Austin/Clark/Coffield/Marshall shouldve been in the team IF theybwere any good.
But no DUNSTAN ROSS PIERCE JOYCE workhorse spuds are ahead OF them.
Sorry to be negative but the truth is this rebuild has been herrondous.
Half were chosen because they were GOOD BOYS due to schoolgirl BS and then other half desperate for ANY half decent player - steele was great but hanneberry and carlsile are cooked.
We obviously didnt donthe due diligence on hanas. THAT is a disgrace.
We have the wrong players but changing the coach solves that. Very confusing. If the players aren’t good enough we can change the coach weekly but we will still lose. And until Carlton start winning then they can have plugger and Ablett but they are still losing if they aren’t winning.

Good drafting helps too. Adelaide have hardly had a top 10 pick for years and for a few years were the best side in the AFL and should have had a premiership from it. Geelong can draft gun kids from outside the top end of the draft too. The recruiter is the most important role at the club nearly these days.

Donyou think its more recruiting or training/culture?

Changing the coach gives this group another SMALL chance.

Its not good drafting, ffs geelong hawks must have the midas touch?!? no they train there youngsters properly.

H.Clark would be starting in hawks round 1 team so why not ours?

Donyou think its more recruiting or training/culture?

Changing the coach gives this group another SMALL chance.

Its not good drafting, ffs geelong hawks must have the midas touch?!? no they train there youngsters properly.

H.Clark would be starting in hawks round 1 team so why not ours?
We would be doing 99% similar training. Clark wouldn’t be starting for hawks. We can all play that game because there is no proof

He is a pain in the arse fanboi and if I could ignore a mod I would. take the ******* blinkers off George and moderate properly like most other moderators. We are allowed to vent disapproval every now and then. I know your a young supporter so sometimes just pull ya head in and listen, don't have to have an opinion on all comments.
Just saying....carry on.
George speaks much more sense that you ever have. Maybe you should listen to yourself now and again.

Maybe he's younger, but he's no more a fanboi than the rest of you hero worshipers. Just not a lily-livered melter. He can actually give the club benefit of the doubt rather than jerking his knee everything he's faced with a decision he doesn't understand.

Just because he disagrees with you doesn't mean he's not listening to you, in fact he definitely is. He's not obliged to respect the opinion of every semi literate dribbler who has access to big footy.

Is that true? I remember hearing it was the club doctors that did that.
It was reported as our medical department but it was an off-site doctor.

We would be doing 99% similar training. Clark wouldn’t be starting for hawks. We can all play that game because there is no proof
No proof?

Scrimshaw never made the gcs seniors for years - goes to hawks makes senior team rnd 1

Hawks have Worpel Cats have miers late picks
our two early picks - nothing. tumbleweeds.

George speaks much more sense that you ever have. Maybe you should listen to yourself now and again.

Maybe he's younger, but he's no more a fanboi than the rest of you hero worshipers. Just not a lily-livered melter. He can actually give the club benefit of the doubt rather than jerking his knee everything he's faced with a decision he doesn't understand.

Just because he disagrees with you doesn't mean he's not listening to you, in fact he definitely is. He's not obliged to respect the opinion of every semi literate dribbler who has access to big footy.
Have another drink ya dribbler. Sober up have another go and try to make sense next time.
Lol at your semi literate call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back