Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cognitive dissonance or not.
You are right about Carlton.
0-3-3 to 6-4-40 halfway through the second and not even looking like buying a goal.

Well that post aged well ;)

Just rotate new coaches until we win the GF.

i know coach stability is now in vogue but that seems to be on coaches who have demonstrated they can play finals. bucks and dimma.

i think we need to churn it a bit. similar to watters. if he's not the guy, he's not the guy move on. don't let perception or our past get in the way of trying to improve the club.

I noticed BT on today’s pre game telecast state Sam Mitchell likely be a head coach next year. He was reasonable emphatic.

Hawthorn has Clarkson locked in for a few years.

Mitchell during the week ruled out coaching North or Carlton.

It’s happening?
Would be happy with that #pleasing

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would be happy with that #pleasing

In the space of 12 months as player & another 12 as mid coach he completely reinvented the Eagles midfield & helped them win a flag.

He doesn’t seem overly personable but I get the vibe he would demand & receive respect. Tactically he seems very high level.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
In the space of 12 months as player & another 12 as mid coach he completely reinvented the Eagles midfield & helped them win a flag.

He doesn’t seem overly personable but I get the vibe he would demand & receive respect. Tactically he seems very high level.

Very early but who knows. More chance of getting a star coach if they are new. Also more hope of getting a dud.

Had huge wraps on him for his time at WC as an assistant

Not talking about the club here. More supporter expectation.

I think we’re all starting to realise that this season almost any team can win on a given day. Absolutely no place for complacency - we can upset a couple, but there’s just as big a chance of that happening to us.

Very interesting second half of the season ahead.

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I noticed BT on today’s pre game telecast state Sam Mitchell will likely be a head coach next year. He was reasonably emphatic.

Hawthorn has Clarkson locked in for a few years.

Mitchell during the week ruled out coaching North or Carlton.

It’s happening?
Didn't he rule out becoming a head coach in the short term regardless of where? Which would make sense, he's only in his second year as an assistant coach, would be pretty insane if he made the next step up so soon.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Mitchell is the standout assistant in the comp in my opinion.

Was always a limited player physically but one of the great midfielders the game has seen meaning he had a great footy brain to compensate for his physical deficiencies.

Coming off the rookie-list shows he has grit which you need as a coach.

Went to West Coast at the end of his career as a player, then coached their not-so-vaunted midfield to a premiership against the odds in his first year as an assistant.

Sure, I saw the article where he said he "wasn't ready" but I reckon his experience, while limited years-wise, is light years ahead of other potentials because it was in elite environments and he had premiership success wherever he went.

We tell him we firmly believe he is ready, keep Ratts as the second in charge and lock him in for 5 years.

With his pedigree, he is honestly less of a "risk" than going re-cycled and I think we'd be absolutely nuts not to try and give him an offer he can't refuse.

We have to be bold, especially when there is someone like him potentially available. He could completely transform our club.

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
From memory it was a direct question regarding North & the Blues.
Hawthorn assistant Sam Mitchell has ruled out throwing his hat in the ring to fill the AFL coaching vacancies at Carlton and North Melbourne.
The highly-regarded Mitchell had been considered a left-field candidate for the senior roles, despite being in only his second season as an assistant coach.

But the 36-year-old concedes he is not ready to take the next step and will instead look to continue his apprenticeship under master coach Alastair Clarkson, having last year helped guide West Coast to the premiership.

“I’m really enjoying my time at Hawthorn and learning an enormous amount,“ Mitchell told Seven’s Game Day.

“At some point I’d love to sit in front of a CEO or a president and say ’I’m your man’.

“I couldn’t say absolutely I’m the right man for a head coaching job at the moment.

“Eventually I’d like to get to that point but there’s a lot of learning to happen.”
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...-rules-out-tilt-at-vacant-jobs-ng-b881225104z

He could obviously be bullshitting because he doesn't want to go to North or Carlton, but on face value it seems like he doesn't think he's ready to be the top guy just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back