Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agreed. I reckon the next 4 games determines the outcome of the Cho. They're all winnable games and our performance will be evidence. Win 3 or 4 and he'll stay. Any less and he's toast. With the moves already made by Norf and the Bloos it wouldn't surprise me if the club acted fast and he's gone by the end of the year.

Hoping we win the next 4 though. Not for Cho's sakes just for me and my 9 year old boy.

Have faith
Go Saints
Agreed. Richo will be moved on at the end of the season so I'd rather see us win some games than sit in misery waiting for him to be sacked.

We are halfway through the season and I'm still not sure if Richo can coach. It's a pity he has not had the full list available so it was more of a cut and dry decision. Knowing our luck however, Richo will probably win enough games to be reappointed and then we will suck next year and he will be sacked halfway through next season and we will appoint Brendon Bolton as coach because there are no other suitable candidates available and he fits the nice guy profile;) Getting kicked in the head by a Rhinoceros or following the Saints. One will hurt you really badly and the other will leave a nasty bruise on your head :huh:

Irrespective of what you think about Richo, he must have upset some serious karma sh1t to deserve the injury run this year.
Now Steele out with a significant knee injury.

it's almost like Moorabbin was built on an ancient Indian Burial ground where the Indian tribe played Acres in the ruck.

1560470358744.png

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Hard to support the notion that we are a much improved side from last year when you look at those facts…

Injuries have been a problem but at the same time, our draw is once in a lifetime stuff.

We may have a couple more wins than we had at the same point last year, but our general play and ability to score is looking just as poor as it did last year.

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hard to support the notion that we are a much improved side from last year when you look at those facts…

Injuries have been a problem but at the same time, our draw is once in a lifetime stuff.

We may have a couple more wins than we had at the same point last year, but our general play and ability to score is looking just as poor as it did last year.

Our draw only now becomes a once in a lifetime thing. The first 9 rounds were actually one of the hardest in the league. Especially when comparing it to ladder positions at the end of last year.

Agree with improvement needed. But to say we haven't improved would also be incorrect.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC

Havent we played as may top 8 sides as bottom 8 sides. I must be following a different game but 5 wins out of 11 prove we are a better side at the moment and that is with a mad amount of injuries. Fine not to rate richo but credibility goes out the door if you think we haven't improved at this stage.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Havent we played as may top 8 sides as bottom 8 sides. I must be following a different game but 5 wins out of 11 prove we are a better side at the moment and that is with a mad amount of injuries. Fine not to rate richo but credibility goes out the door if you think we haven't improved at this stage.
pretty hard not to after last year.. we're going ok, until you look at percentage

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United

Many on here at the start of the year marked us as being 2-8 and even as bad as 1-9 after 10. And based on last year they wouldn't have been wrong.
Hell I thought our only 2 hopes for wins were GC and Carlton. And even then I thought Carlton had the stronger chance. Especially with the injuries before our season started.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im looking at wins. Percentage wasn't bad until the smashing last game. and the poster was comparing to last year so that is the point. And saying the fixture is once in a life time at this stage is actually a lie.
So you rate a coach on how the team is travelling when compared to the year prior rather than looking at the greater journey over the last six years? At this rate we'll make finals in five years time. 3rd from the bottom last year, 4th this year, 5th the next, but it's all g cos we're improving!

What about 2017 where we dropped from 11th to 16th the year after?

I agree though we've been hit hard on the injury front, but you can't rate where we are as a club purely by comparison to the year that went, especially was one of the worst years in recent history (given our trajectory up until that point)

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
So you rate a coach on how the team is travelling when compared to the year prior rather than looking at the greater journey over the last six years? At this rate we'll make finals in five years time. 3rd from the bottom last year, 4th this year, 5th the next, but it's all g cos we're improving!

What about 2017 where we dropped from 11th to 16th the year after?

I agree though we've been hit hard on the injury front, but you can't rate where we are as a club purely by comparison to the year that went, especially was one of the worst years in recent history (given our trajectory up until that point)

Im not sure you are reading what im saying. I just said we are going better than last year. You cant argue that. the other poster said its hard to support that we going better than last year. Nothing to do with last 5 or 100 years. Simple question. After 11 rounds are we going better than last year.

And I can rate it compared to last year because that is what the poster was talking about.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
A couple of sides have dropped away dramatically from last year… we happened to have played a few of those at good times.

We may have improved slightly on last year which was nothing short of putrid, but outside of a couple more wins, we wouldn't be ahead in many KPI's I would have thought.

Our pressure was definitely up in the first month, but has been pretty poor for about 6 weeks.

We're not scoring any more than last year, despite having Bruce back and adding mature players in Parker & Kent.

As I've said before, improvement is relative to the other sides, if we finish 12 - 14th I'm gong to say we haven't improved much.

If we recently managed two years with 10 - 11 wins, then our overall improvent should be ranked against that, not last years debacle.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
A couple of sides have dropped away dramatically from last year… we happened to have played a few of those at good times.

We may have improved slightly on last year which was nothing short of putrid, but outside of a couple more wins, we wouldn't be ahead in many KPI's I would have thought.

Our pressure was definitely up in the first month, but has been pretty poor for about 6 weeks.

We're not scoring any more than last year, despite having Bruce back and adding mature players in Parker & Kent.

As I've said before, improvement is relative to the other sides, if we finish 12 - 14th I'm gong to say we haven't improved much.

If we recently managed two years with 10 - 11 wins, then our overall improvent should be ranked against that, not last years debacle.

Surely improvement in on wins and not ladder position. Lets pretend 12th is 11 wins. That's only 4 spots ahead of last year but its 7 extra wins which is 170% increase. And you were the one comparing to last year but now we have previous years coming into it. We had 1 and a half wins after 11 games last year. Percentage was 71% so if we had that table back then we would be close to last in every aspect.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im not sure you are reading what im saying. I just said we are going better than last year. You cant argue that. the other poster said its hard to support that we going better than last year. Nothing to do with last 5 or 100 years. Simple question. After 11 rounds are we going better than last year.

And I can rate it compared to last year because that is what the poster was talking about.
ok fair, my posting style is one where I cbfd reading a complete back and forth between posters and just jump on the most recent one out of context so apologies.

(but you're still wrong) :)

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Surely improvement in on wins and not ladder position. Lets pretend 12th is 11 wins. That's only 4 spots ahead of last year but its 7 extra wins which is 170% increase. And you were the one comparing to last year but now we have previous years coming into it. We had 1 and a half wins after 11 games last year. Percentage was 71% so if we had that table back then we would be close to last in every aspect.
When the win / loss ratio doesn't suit, you then turn to percentage or ladder position to justify your argument...

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Well given that we are only half way through the season, you cannot judge on the previous year.

How many wins were we midpoint last year?

In fact we have won more games in half a season than we did for the entire year last year.

In any intelligent argument, that is improvement

Unless of course you are that obsessed with sacking the coach that you you twist anything and everything to suit your argument and maintain your denial.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
We won 12 in 16, then 11 in 17, surely overall improvement is measured over a bigger period than against one awful year?

If we can't win more games than we did 3 years ago then we're treading water.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Well given that we are only half way through the season, you cannot judge on the previous year.

How many wins were we midpoint last year?

In fact we have won more games in half a season than we did for the entire year last year.

In any intelligent argument, that is improvement

Unless of course you are that obsessed with sacking the coach that you you twist anything and everything to suit your argument and maintain your denial.
Slightly better than dog poo, pop the champers.

We're no better than 3 years ago, celebrating cracking the 4 wins tally is cringe-worthy.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
We won 12 in 16, then 11 in 17, surely overall improvement is measured over a bigger period than against one awful year?

And I thought you were the one who was comparing this year to last year. Now that it’s be confirmed we have improved we bring up previous years. Ones with bugger all injuries. We are going ok this year. I doubt it will continue but at the moment it’s going ok

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

It would be interesting to compare the best 22 from 2016 to the team we have been fielding most weeks this year.
I think it would be drastically different group.

Also looking at the results back then, we are sitting on the same amount of wins right now as we were at this stage in 2016 and 2017, so yes we are treading water when compared to that period but have drastically improved on last year.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
And I thought you were the one who was comparing this year to last year. Now that it’s be confirmed we have improved we bring up previous years. Ones with bugger all injuries. We are going ok this year. I doubt it will continue but at the moment it’s going ok
Yep, I said I didn't think we had improved greatly as some are suggesting… the chart StCicatriz posted supports my eye test.

You could have said that we'd improved 4-500% in round 5, probably technically right at the time.

Last year was terrible and we're looking at a pretty similar ladder finish, maybe a few more wins.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Also looking at the results back then, we are sitting on the same amount of wins right now as we were at this stage in 2016 and 2017, so yes we are treading water when compared to that period but have drastically improved on last year.
With a dream run home, I would want to see us finish with at least 10 wins to declare a drastic improvement.

5-1 in April won't mean anything if we only scrounge out 7-8 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back