• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News isn't racist and ultra right wing. They're a pretty generic conservative channel. Silencing of different opinions is also an irresponsible and dangerous step towards thought policing.
Yes Blair Cotterall is an activist too.

How are the opinions silenced? Doesn't Kildanon have a choice not to watch and his free will right not to pay for those views

They are normalizing Nazism by having extremists on and calling them 'activists'.

Sky News is the perpetuate not the victim.
You may accept Nazi's on TV but the vast majority don't.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

How are the opinions silenced? Doesn't Kildanon have a choice not to watch and his free will right not to pay for those views

They are normalizing Nazism by having extremists on and calling them 'activists'.

So essentially if Blair was our goal kicking coach, all players would miss to the right?

All that is fine, and I have no problem.

My only caveat is that those who do this, don't come back when we turn it around.
Personally, I think it is as weak as piss, but our you are going to do it, do it for good.
Maybe even go and support a different team. That's not being aggressive, but once you jump off, you shouldn't jump back on.

My opinion only and not a go at anyone.

Just to clarify. You're saying you don't want all the members who dropped off after things went pearshaped in 2013 to come back as members. If anybody has not renewed their membership, the club should not pursue them to return.

Okay. Thanks. Very clear.

Tell me, have you suggested this approach to our membership department? I think Finnis would be fascinated to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Why, here's Matt now...

1-Please-Tell-Me-More-Meme.jpg

Listen man I don't agree with their opinions but they have the right to those opinions. Of course he's allowed to not watch but I don't agree with deplatforming them which seems to be the intent behond complaining to Foxtel about them.

Actually, Finnis just got back to me about Joffaboy's proposal. He thinks it's a GREAT idea! Why, I suggested maybe I could become a member, and here's what he told me:

485.jpg

Just to clarify. You're saying you don't want all the members who dropped off after things went pearshaped in 2013 to come back as members. If anybody has not renewed their membership, the club should not pursue them to return.

Tell me, have you suggested this approach to our membership department? I think Finnis would be fascinated to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Why, here's Matt now...
ive had a conversation with anothe member who put the suggestion that those who jump off the ship when the waters get too rough should be reminded of that fact when we do come good ... more along the lines of rewarding those who stayed the course he idea was something along the lines of the ballot for grandfinal seats to be weighted in favour to members who stayed over members who came on for the good times only ...
personally i dont think it could work but i do hold people who stay the course higher then those who leave

ive had a conversation with anothe member who put the suggestion that those who jump off the ship when the waters get too rough should be reminded of that fact when we do come good ... more along the lines of rewarding those who stayed the course he idea was something along the lines of the ballot for grandfinal seats to be weighted in favour to members who stayed over members who came on for the good times only ...
personally i dont think it could work but i do hold people who stay the course higher then those who leave
Great idea.

Why, here's Matt now...

Pftt.
As if any of us would let some random sprouting "if you don't take a membership for 2019 then don't come back" dictate when we can or should support the Saints.
Absolute tripe!

By use of the word "comprehensive" wouldn't you be entitled to believe that the performance of the coach would also be reviewed?
With the season we have just had its a no-brainer.

Sounds like some on the board are beginning to insist that his role is also reviewed, as it always should have been.

1. I tend to think that "comprehensive" meant that he wasn't just going to look at a particular part of the football department but that he would look at all areas like list management, high performance, leadership etc. Clearly SL wasn't too happy with the list management team; however, he has been on record saying that our high performance team is top quality. This fits with the narrative that we need to improve all aspects of the club and that it isn't just the coaches that have let us down.

2. I don't think that "comprehensive" necessarily means that the head coach will be sacked.

3. On the flip side, SL is in the coaches box and would have a fair idea about Richo's competence. If he thought he should be sacked I highly doubt he would keep it a secret and refrain from telling the board/finnis. We have already heard rumours of Sunday morning meetings to discuss the head coaching role so even if it is not officially included in the review, that doesn't mean it hasn't been considered.

4. I am definitely in the "lets just see how it plays out" camp. It is still possible that Richo will be sacked. It also still possible that the review will prove to be successful even if we don't sack Richo. I would prefer to wait and see what the changes actually are before being too critical.

5. I can see how you might have a different opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why, here's Matt now...

So the bit where I said my opinion only didn't compute?

Doesn't gave to be right or logical, just an opinion.

Not my problem how to fix it

So do I. Bandwagoner show a lack of character in my opinion

Pftt.
As if any of us would let some random sprouting "if you don't take a membership for 2019 then don't come back" dictate when we can or should support the Saints.
Absolute tripe!
Who spouted that like that. Just think having a tantrum because the club doesn't do what you want is petty.

As st.trav said, I value members more who stayed the course

Ithink we should offer 3 year memberships.

2 years plus a trigger clause for the third.

That way if we don't perform, the member gets a refund for year 3.
That would be subjective and too hard to run. Unless of course you're taking the piss.

I do like the priority for GF tickets though. Those who stay on board should be rewarded.

Who spouted that like that. Just think having a tantrum because the club doesn't do what you want is petty.

As st.trav said, I value members more who stayed the course

Noone would have a tantrum here Joff would they?

Sure, even I can see merit in that. In fact, isn't that the point of consecutive years badges for members?

Gold yet again Doc....as one poster said last week.....we need to somehow get you embedded into the Saints media unit.

You certainly keep the supporters spirits up no matter how gloomy things get.

Speaking of the media unit....was in Woolworths late arvo…...was folding the docket up and there it was....a Saints shopper docket.....get 2 tics for one tic purchase valid for the last 2 home games.

One poster saw a docket last week...….can't say the Marketing dept hasn't done everything possible to get bums on seats/people thru the gate for our home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back