• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon as a Prez says we have full confidence in our coach... coach is gawn jusrva matter of when

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's just folk lore though. Bomber in '06? Hardwick in '16? Buckley last year? Adam Simpson came in to this year as the most under the pump coach of the lot. Brad Scott was supposed to be leaving last year.

Just watched the 360 Richo clip and thought he answered the questions quite well. At least it took him out of his weekly cliche roll out and he displayed some personality.

I agree. It the most honest I've seen him i reckon

Wheatley absolutely smashing us on SEN right now.
Says Richo isn’t up to it.

I just heard him say right now that he’s a good coach! We just don’t have the pieces. Sacking Richo isn’t the answer..... these were his thoughts.

In my opinion he is more smashing the President for being delusional and not realistic about where we are. And that we should reset our expectations.

I just heard him say right now that he’s a good coach! We just don’t have the pieces. Sacking Richo isn’t the answer..... these were his thoughts.

In my opinion he is more smashing the President for being delusional and not realistic about where we are. And that we should reset our expectations.
That was a text he was reading out.

But yeh he’s smashing Summers and the cattle we have.
Watson & Lyon are saying Summers was saying Top 4 cause that’s what Richo sold him, so now he’s putting the heat back on Richo for under performing

Yeah, the injuries to Bruce and Paddy ironically make us a more modern set up. It's interesting that WC seemed to finally be able to unpick the Tigers with some good strategic planning. Big forwards might come back. Darling looks like a gun al of a sudden.

Richmond's success with a small forward line will be short lived. Good big forwards are never out of fashion and always vital.

Seems to me that keeping Richo on is now untenable. There is a lot of public and media scrutiny on the club, and it's getting specific about coaching and club leadership. The club needs to nip this in the bud quickly.

That was a text he was reading out.

But yeh he’s smashing Summers and the cattle we have.
Watson & Lyon are saying Summers was saying Top 4 cause that’s what Richo sold him, so now he’s putting the heat back on Richo for under performing

Amazing how what Summers said is being taken way out of context. There were stipulations on the Top 4 comment but everyone has lost their marbles because of 2 words.
Fact is the discussion late last year on this board was that we were missing some real top end talent. Guess what. We still bloody are!

Roos will never take a club that doesnt have advantages like COLA or 17 top ten dps like Melbourne

Biggest overrated fraud in football

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't know about Roos been a fraud, but I agree he's not what we need. He doesn't respect our List and if he got the job I'm corncerned that he'd protect his reputation, say we needed to rebuild, turnover our List and we'd be back to 2013.

Don't know about Roos been a fraud, but I agree he's not what we need. He doesn't respect our List and if he got the job I'm corncerned that he'd protect his reputation, say we needed to rebuild, turnover our List and we'd be back to 2013.

I think that is exactly what he would do. What we have to decide as a club is if that's what we want to do.

FWIW i would throw everything we have at Clarko, even if it is only a pipe dream. I doubt we would have strong enough admin at the club to keep him in check tho. As much as he might dislike Jeff, clarko needs him or he would be out of control.

If he ran our team unchecked he could become Psycho, the 8th dwarf :p

So Richo said on 360 he just wanted Membrey to back in his routine.

Showed three kicks for goal and his routine was all ****** up each time.

There was nothing wrong ith his routine, its the final part of his execution. He's trying to guide the footy rather than kick through it. Its in his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how what Summers said is being taken way out of context. There were stipulations on the Top 4 comment but everyone has lost their marbles because of 2 words.
Fact is the discussion late last year on this board was that we were missing some real top end talent. Guess what. We still bloody are!
Yeah, it's like people taking a stat that validates an idea they had and carrying on like that stat is the be all and end all. No sane person would have picked us for top 4 with our list so it's all nonsense to me. Bottom 3 and dropping is inexcusable though so it's not looking good.

Thing is we clearly overperformed for extended periods in the last few years, even when Roo was out or down on form. So Richo could argue that he at least wasn't a terrible coach back then. He's changed the makeup of the team since then though and the current team is clearly unable or unwilling to execute the gameplan he wants, whatever that is! That's a big problem.

Couple things. Firstly, the Richo/Whately interview is just the media trying to drum up drama. I listened to it, and it's all pretty measured. They're clearly taking things out of context by trying to spin it into 'the Pres thinks we should be top four _this year_'.

Personally I think Richo and the Pres are overly optimistic if they think the current build is a top 4 build, but it's not crazy talk. Richo in that interview and previously has talked about consistency and that's our issue. We have three recent AA40 players in Ross, Robbo and Steven, and three 'fringe' AA40 players in Billings, Gresh and Carlisle.

If (at the start of the season) those players could have consistently played their 'average' output for the last two years (Gresh and Billings to lift slightly) they'd all be in the AA40 side I reckon, with two players selected on each line - that's a good core. That would have been the President's view (and Richo's) at the start of the year. There's no point in the Pres changing his view now (nobody could have predicted the Robbo issue).

I really quite liked that our Pres and Richo won't engage in some hindsight informed handwringing like so many on here (me included).

Richo is gone it's just a matter of when, I have mixed feelings about how all this has played out.

A top 4 finish was errant nonsense to anybody with half a clue so the question is who from the club was pushing this line. It sure as hell hasn't helped richo.

Now the flip side is he's had five years and largely I think we have been uninspiring and regularly out coached.

The irony is that put Carlisle, Bruce, acres and robbo in and IMO we win against collingwood.

To some it up richo and a few others have to go and whoever gets the job with some luck a good draft and trade period will look like a genius.

Funny game football.

Richo is gone it's just a matter of when, I have mixed feelings about how all this has played out.

A top 4 finish was errant nonsense to anybody with half a clue so the question is who from the club was pushing this line. It sure as hell hasn't helped richo.

Now the flip side is he's had five years and largely I think we have been uninspiring and regularly out coached.

The irony is that put Carlisle, Bruce, acres and robbo in and IMO we win against collingwood.

To some it up richo and a few others have to go and whoever gets the job with some luck a good draft and trade period will look like a genius.

Funny game football.
Well that’s the thing, this was pushed years ago on the back of the whole clubs blueprint.
My guess is that Richo has pushed it even more last year by using the GWS & Richmond’s games as an example of what we are capable of and that’s why he’s got the extension, now the board are sitting there like WTF has happened.

My take on the 360 interview - Richardson answered well considering he is coaching a team that has only won one game and the disappointment he must have after he has backed in the young kids in the team and a lot of the heat should be taken on from the experienced players in the team who have under performed.

We also must realize missing players like Bruce , Stevens , Roberton , Acres has not helped even if they are not world beaters they are pieces we miss in the team.

No way should we let the coach go now , let Richardson play the youth in the squad knowing all to well we will loose any chance of winning however finding which players we need to keep on the list and at the end of season do our best to find the right players to bring into the squad.

We need good experienced leaders to bring the squad on - Sloane / Lynch from the Crows , both have not signed and are likely to come back to Victoria and keep our top 3 pick in the draft and trade Weller , Longer, Savage , Lonie , Minington , Wright to GWS to grab a class player from them we need.

Go Saints

And of course get Richardson some support in the coaching box that he needs

Whether we like it or not should the next few weeks result in a couple of 15+ goals thumpings Richo will get the sack and should this happen then Summers with his minions who made the awful business decision to extend his contract must fall on the sword as well!

My take on the 360 interview - Richardson answered well considering he is coaching a team that has only won one game and the disappointment he must have after he has backed in the young kids in the team and a lot of the heat should be taken on from the experienced players in the team who have under performed.

We also must realize missing players like Bruce , Stevens , Roberton , Acres has not helped even if they are not world beaters they are pieces we miss in the team.

No way should we let the coach go now , let Richardson play the youth in the squad knowing all to well we will loose any chance of winning however finding which players we need to keep on the list and at the end of season do our best to find the right players to bring into the squad.

We need good experienced leaders to bring the squad on - Sloane / Lynch from the Crows , both have not signed and are likely to come back to Victoria and keep our top 3 pick in the draft and trade Weller , Longer, Savage , Lonie , Minington , Wright to GWS to grab a class player from them we need.

Go Saints

And of course get Richardson some support in the coaching box that he needs
We really need Sloane to come to us.
I would love Lynch too, but it is unlikely he would want to come back to us.

I don’t like this ‘consistency’ talk.

Consistency issue would suggest that more often than not we get it right and have all the right ingredients but have trouble sustaining it and are prone to the odd crap performance.

We are generally serving up garbage with very little evidence that this list is capable of being top 4. In fact the evidence is that we are consistently a bad side with the occassional good performance.

It’s not a consistency issue, it’s either a list quality or a coaching issue.

How many of our performances, even our better ones, could you point to and say, “That’s it! I consistently want us to play like that!”.

I can’t think of any off the top of my head since Richmond last year, which is worrying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back