• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? What else is the President meant to say when asked?
That we are in bad form and trying our best? That would make fans even more ropable, it’d be like we were just accepting mediocrity, something widely criticised on this board.
I’m glad he came out and said it, now someone is accountable and change will have to happen.
No, I already mentioned what he should say. He should say it's taken longer than expected but are hellbent on turning it around. Really doubt it would make us more ropable, 1-7-1 is doing enough of that. We don't need anyone from the club coming out and saying anything, we need to show it on-field. Keep the silly projections to themselves. Like I said you'd have to be stupid to believe that a plan back in 2014 wouldn't change.

Not accepting mediocrity at all actually, so no idea how you came to that conclusion. More just being fed up with being fed rubbish.

He could've said it internally and still someone would've been accountable for it. Because it's public wouldn't change that at all. People see how bad we are performing this year to make those assumptions and come to conclusions of change themselves.

why not? that's exactly what he should be doing.

a strategy and its goals were drawn up and communicated to members: tick
a coach was selected based on their ability to implement that strategy: tick
the football club through the president, CEO and coach updated members periodically on the progress of implementing the strategy and reaching its goals: tick

if summers was to come out now and say "well top 4 isn't our expectation anymore" that would alarm me more. it shows the board is easily moved off the strategy and goals they set. accountability isn't there. you need to hold the line and throw support around everyone to achieve what the goal was prior tot he season starting.

now the longer game here is how you manage the performance of the football dept. you need to hold them to that strategy and what the progress is they gave you. there were no concerns communicated in previous seasons on the list, the coaches or what they're implementing. but now because its gone belly up, you can't suddenly give them an out. that happens, then where do you draw the line.

hold the expectation, come the end of the year if we remain bottom 4, its so far away from the expectation they set, that its easier to implement change and communicate why change is happening. you waver and you open up the discussion on expectation changing and excuses for why they should.
Yeah, not buying it. Summers wouldn't come out and say top 4 isn't our expectation anymore. Lets be realistic. Like I said above, accountability can come internally. You think that if we get to the bye still with 1 win that the club won't do anything because an expectation wasn't set publicly? It was made public to appease fans back when we were doing it tough, but things change and we need to deviate from the plan. Why can't they just come out and say that. That doesn't mean we are accepting mediocrity or whatever else you can think of. It means we need to make tough decisions now for the betterment of the football club. Maybe the plan was flawed from the beginning. That's OK. We just need to stop being so delusional - the club has overrated the list judging by some ITK comments regarding Lethlean's views.

What the club is dishing out to supporters right now isn't what they wanted to stick by from the beginning: transparency.

Rolling out public statements means absolutely nothing, it just makes us look stupid when the s**t hits the fan. Changes will be made regardless of outside noise.

I said it would be stupid to get too involved. He would know exactly what has gone on at Moorabbin.

Imagine if he says Richo just isn’t a great coach. Misses the mark too many times.

Nice media s**t storm

Roo won’t say that now. May so it if sacked but even then I doubt it. He will knock game styles during a game and so he should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I already mentioned what he should say. He should say it's taken longer than expected but are hellbent on turning it around. Really doubt it would make us more ropable, 1-7-1 is doing enough of that. We don't need anyone from the club coming out and saying anything, we need to show it on-field. Keep the silly projections to themselves. Like I said you'd have to be stupid to believe that a plan back in 2014 wouldn't change.

Not accepting mediocrity at all actually, so no idea how you came to that conclusion. More just being fed up with being fed rubbish.

He could've said it internally and still someone would've been accountable for it. Because it's public wouldn't change that at all. People see how bad we are performing this year to make those assumptions and come to conclusions of change themselves.

Yeah, not buying it. Summers wouldn't come out and say top 4 isn't our expectation anymore. Lets be realistic. Like I said above, accountability can come internally. You think that if we get to the bye still with 1 win that the club won't do anything because an expectation wasn't set publicly? It was made public to appease fans back when we were doing it tough, but things change and we need to deviate from the plan. Why can't they just come out and say that. That doesn't mean we are accepting mediocrity or whatever else you can think of. It means we need to make tough decisions now for the betterment of the football club. Maybe the plan was flawed from the beginning. That's OK. We just need to stop being so delusional - the club has overrated the list judging by some ITK comments regarding Lethlean's views.

What the club is dishing out to supporters right now isn't what they wanted to stick by from the beginning: transparency.

Rolling out public statements means absolutely nothing, it just makes us look stupid when the s**t hits the fan. Changes will be made regardless of outside noise.
george just throwing it out there. According to summers and the top 4 quote. The plan hasn’t changed. We were at the point of challenging Top 4. Which is on track with the next step being a flag by 2020. Meanwhile we have landed a grand total of 0 stars that we had as massive pillars in the rebuild to do this. So your right. We should be out of the media. Because now it’s getting silly.

I said it would be stupid to get too involved. He would know exactly what has gone on at Moorabbin.

Imagine if he says Richo just isn’t a great coach. Misses the mark too many times.

Nice media s**t storm

Thing is Stav I see that quote as 2 parts. I see him talk about blokes like Roo and Joey who bled for the club and then the rest of us simpletons. Both groups hurting because of the club.

And why be scared of Roo does comment. That's his job. He earns his money from it. If he has something to add he will say it like he already has this year.

Roo won’t say that now. May so it if sacked but even then I doubt it. He will knock game styles during a game and so he should.

But it’s easy for Roo to be non comittal about whether Richo is the right man and can he turn this around. Which is a massive actions speak louder then words moment.

We need to just not poke the bear and deal with this behind closed doors. United in front of the cameras.

Thing is Stav I see that quote as 2 parts. I see him talk about blokes like Roo and Joey who bled for the club and then the rest of us simpletons. Both groups hurting because of the club.

And why be scared of Roo does comment. That's his job. He earns his money from it. If he has something to add he will say it like he already has this year.
I am scared because of the damage it could do. Roo could cause a lot of damage just by something as simple as being non commital on if he thinks Richo should be coach.

Just don’t get him involved and let him call match day. Simple, don’t tempt the media to hit up Roo or Joey and then let them twist and search for a story. It won’t end well. It’s just stupid on our behalf.

like player recruitin ,we have failed in our footy dept as well, just because they played AFL , does not automatically
make them great coaches ( asst), we need to target coaches for special rolls , like stoppage and clearance coach( Melb just did ). remember that guy we recruited as coach i think he was Timmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Watson:moustache:

But it’s easy for Roo to be non comittal about whether Richo is the right man and can he turn this around. Which is a massive actions speak louder then words moment.

We need to just not poke the bear and deal with this behind closed doors. United in front of the cameras.

Well richo has committed to the show. Again it’s up to the club to say don’t go on it anymore. To me that will cop more bad publicity than if he stays on the show. This started because the president obviously can’t think

I’m sorry none of that makes sense. You want transparency but want nothing said publicly?
And now you’re saying that the plan we had for 2020 was never realistic and that we are stupid for buying it? I would be VERY surprised if the club came up with that plan thinking it would never work. That would actually be unbelievable and I think we’d lose a lot of supporters, members and sponsors should that be the case.

george just throwing it out there. According to summers and the top 4 quote. The plan hasn’t changed. We were at the point of challenging Top 4. Which is on track with the next step being a flag by 2020. Meanwhile we have landed a grand total of 0 stars that we had as massive pillars in the rebuild to do this. So your right. We should be out of the media. Because now it’s getting silly.
Exactly. I am enjoying the discussion here, can understand where people are coming from but the horse has bolted here. He is done and the club needs to get their collective heads out of the papers and see this through. It's serving nobody any good. We lose, Richo comes on 360 and gets roasted, we lose again, and the narrative continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well richo has committed to the show. Again it’s up to the club to say don’t go on it anymore. To me that will cop more bad publicity than if he stays on the show. This started because the president obviously can’t think

Should I get you to apologise now for my comments about the board and the board challenge that you took offence too? We clearly are on the same page and you agree we are run by morons. So any minute now just say “Stavro you were right and plugger was wrong. I’m sorry”

I’m sorry none of that makes sense. You want transparency but want nothing said publicly?
And now you’re saying that the plan we had for 2020 was never realistic and that we are stupid for buying it? I would be VERY surprised if the club came up with that plan thinking it would never work. That would actually be unbelievable and I think we’d lose a lot of supporters, members and sponsors should that be the case.

I thought the plan was no hope of happening and said why when they put it out and the reason was simple. At the time our best 6 players included 3 that were never going to be there.

Freo did that to RTB two seasons back after their 0-10 start and he is still there. So its not that simple.

Can you link where it was said players were dictating to the coaches? Or do you think players never have any imput and it is just all the coaches way?

bit different. ross lyon was on the old school pay out contracts and was contracted until 2018. then he convinced them to extend another 2 years, after the football dept review. ross lyon was also at fremantle. he was the first semi successful coach they had, who atleast had some idea on what he was talking about.

they are poles apart from us.

they then bit off a rebuild.

So the president comes out and says what our plan has been the whole time, which was this year to aim for Top 4, and you think it’s rubbish whilst at the same time calling for transparency. Sorry mate but you’re contradicting yourself here.

Nah, I want nothing said publicly in regards to grandiose statements that will only harm the football club. I don't want them coming out and saying anything but if they are going to do it anyway then just tell their supporters straight up what is going on. Haven't you been fed enough garbage already? I know I have.

Never realistic? Where'd I say that? I said plans change and the club should be telling their supporters that, not telling them that it hasn't changed and Richo is still the right man for the job when we sit 1-7-1 and could quite easily finish the year on the bottom of the ladder.

How many weeks have they been telling us it'll turn. Our on field performance is doing enough damage to our sponsorships and memberships I would've thought - silly public statements won't do much more damage than what the clubs already endured.

Should I get you to apologise now for my comments about the board and the board challenge that you took offence too? We clearly are on the same page and you agree we are run by morons. So any minute now just say “Stavro you were right and plugger was wrong. I’m sorry”

I know nothing about a board challenge unless bf is fact. Haven’t heard anything in the media. Of course there maybe a board challenge at the end of the year but you said it 4 weeks ago. When did I ever back the president. I’ve said many times I wish we had a president who would say more. Now I wish we had a president who wouldn’t speak.

So the president comes out and says what our plan has been the whole time, which was this year to aim for Top 4, and you think it’s rubbish whilst at the same time calling for transparency. Sorry mate but you’re contradicting yourself here.
I don't think he is being transparent. If he was he'd tell it like it is. He isn't doing that. Contradicting myself? Haha I don't think so.

I thought the plan was no hope of happening and said why when they put it out and the reason was simple. At the time our best 6 players included 3 that were never going to be there.

Yeh and that’s fine you thought the plan was no hope of working mate, doggies fans probably thought they were no hope of winning the flag after losing their coach and captain too. But internally they did an alas won it. Just like internally our club believed that it would work. Pretty ridiculous to sit here now and people are stupid for buying into it.

Yeh and that’s fine you thought the plan was no hope of working mate, doggies fans probably thought they were no hope of winning the flag after losing their coach and captain too. But internally they did an alas won it. Just like internally our club believed that it would work. Pretty ridiculous to sit here now and people are stupid for buying into it.
Yes key word being internally :thumbsu:

How is not doing that? Wouldn’t not talking in the media as you suggest be the opposite to transparent?
I suggest you re-read my post.

Nah, I want nothing said publicly in regards to grandiose statements that will only harm the football club.

what do you want him to say:
"our aim was top 4, but we obviously aren't going to make the 4, so we are going to sack the under performing senior coach. appoint a new one, then replace the assistant coaches with who the new senior coach wants in there"

if you were the senior coach, assistant coaches or players what would you do then.
"well the decisions made, we are done for here, so start thinking about the next job, no point trying really"
"well i'm not getting delisted, so go into self preservation mode"

there's just far too much that has be learnt, organised and implemented before you can come out and say what is happening.

he's doing exactly what has to be done now. hold them to the expectation and target, monitor the situation, and start making the moves you need to based on what you know. implement change when you want the change to occur based on what you know. not what the media or supporters want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back