• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh and that’s fine you thought the plan was no hope of working mate, doggies fans probably thought they were no hope of winning the flag after losing their coach and captain too. But internally they did an alas won it. Just like internally our club believed that it would work. Pretty ridiculous to sit here now and people are stupid for buying into it.

Not calling people stupid at all. Just saying why I thought it was stupid. Wb if they had a plan it wouldn’t have been to win the flag in 2016. Richmond has a plan and even they were later than they thought. I don’t mind clubs coming out with statements. Doesn’t mean I have to agree. The plan had to many holes in it. The biggest one was they trusted and recruiters. That was one thing I wasn’t falling in to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what do you want him to say:
"our aim was top 4, but we obviously aren't going to make the 4, so we are going to sack the under performing senior coach. appoint a new one, then replace the assistant coaches with who the new senior coach wants in there"

if you were the senior coach, assistant coaches or players what would you do then.
"well the decisions made, we are done for here, so start thinking about the next job, no point trying really"
"well i'm not getting delisted, so go into self preservation mode"

there's just far too much that has be learnt, organised and implemented before you can come out and say what is happening.

he's doing exactly what has to be done now. hold them to the expectation and target, monitor the situation, and start making the moves you need to based on what you know. implement change when you want the change to occur based on what you know. not what the media or supporters want.
Why do you want the club to play out it's internal workings publicly?

I already told you what I think they should say if they are going to say anything at all.

Why do we need to let this play out in the media before we sack the coach. Wouldn't our results suggest a change is needed anyway. I don't see how letting him sit there on 360 and get roasted or taking calls from radio stations about the state of the club is doing anyone any good.

This can all be dealt with internally. Make one statement, tell supporters it's taking longer than we thought but we are actively working to turn it around, and then make your decisions when you need to. I'm sure people won't go off the wall if Richo is sacked in Round 15 and we are 1-12-1.

Honestly the best thing Summers should of said was this.

“ it’s been disappointing so far this year and it hasn’t lived up to our(the board) nor our fans expectations. We will review everything in depth and work out why this has happened and correct it. Until then Richo and the players have our full support”

Simple and yet everyone is on notice that we will fix this

I already told you what I think they should say if they are going to say anything at all.

Why do we need to let this play out in the media before we sack the coach. Wouldn't our results suggest a change is needed anyway. I don't see how letting him sit there on 360 and get roasted or taking calls from radio stations about the state of the club is doing anyone any good.

This can all be dealt with internally. Make one statement, tell supporters it's taking longer than we thought but we are actively working to turn it around, and then make your decisions when you need to. I'm sure people won't go off the wall if Richo is sacked in Round 15 and we are 1-12-1.
Correct for the most part. One strong statement was needed - see my above post. Then let the season play it. If there is no improvement in 6 weeks. Pull the trigger and get our s**t together for 2019 which starts the moment we let him go.

We also must realize missing players like Bruce , Stevens , Roberton , Acres has not helped even if they are not world beaters they are pieces we miss in the team.

Um we were getting flogged and playing horribly with all those guys in the team.

Plus they are guys that would struggle to get a game in practically every top 8 side anyway.
Even robbo on this years form.

So yeah nah.
the skidmark that is this season has not been a result of injuries in any meaningful way.

Correct for the most part. One strong statement was needed - see my above post. Then let the season play it. If there is no improvement in 6 weeks. Pull the trigger and get our s**t together for 2019 which starts the moment we let him go.
Agreed. Looking really unprofessional letting this play out in the media. Granted we probably needed a kick up the arse initially but it's over now, get them off all media and do what we need to do to move forward. You are right with the bad press after Richo's 360 segment too - needs to stop.

Um we were getting flogged and playing horribly with all those guys in the team.

Plus they are guys that would struggle to get a game in practically every top 8 side anyway.
Even robbo on this years form.

So yeah nah.
the skidmark that is this season has not been a result of injuries in any meaningful way.
They would be in most sides best 22 bar Koby. Would of helped but I doubt they would have us 4-5 heading into this week

Agreed. Looking really unprofessional letting this play out in the media. Granted we probably needed a kick up the arse initially but it's over now, get them off all media and do what we need to do to move forward. You are right with the bad press after Richo's 360 segment too - needs to stop.

The bad press started yesterday before richo segment. Been positive for him today after the segment. Not so for the president

the only new message this year has been "the club is under-performing and its completely unacceptable". the top 4 line is the public statement made to everyone since day dot. so beyond the under-performing comment, he's doing exactly what you are asking for. hold the line, comment only when you absolutely have to, get everything else sorted internally.

which isn't that what you wanted? to show some transparency? he did. he said the performance was not adequate.

people were angry earlier that they never heard from him and therefore made the assumption he wasn't a strong leader. he comes out and says the club is underperforming and its unacceptable and now people say he shouldn't make public comment. he can't win.

i'd argue this is exactly the moment he has to make public comment and be the face of the club, when its in crisis. which it is. the comments he has made are perfect. can't see an issue with any of them. positions the club nicely to implement club wide change. its time for a new direction.

The bad press started yesterday before richo segment. Been positive for him today after the segment. Not so for the president

Isn’t that the point though? We as a football club are getting bad publicity the more we front the media. No need to summers to interview or Richo every Monday night.

Richo right now should not be on 360. Every Monday he fronts we just get bad press.

Robbo wants a story Richo tries to deflect and does something stupid at the same time. If Roo gets brought into this and goes both barrels then Richo will be out of a job by round 18. I s**t you not, Rooey still has alot of pull at Stkilda and if he wants to create heat for the club to cop he can make it so.

It's just stupid media management by Richo and Stkilda Fc right now. No need for Summers to say top 4 .No need for Richo to bring up Roo and no need for him to be on 360
Yep.
I have been thinking last 3 weeks he will bail out.
A spanking from Richmond this week and that will be it I reckon.
If I was president, Id pull him immediately,
but of course this St.Kilda and Im not sure we have a president so he continues to front up each Monday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only new message this year has been "the club is under-performing and its completely unacceptable". the top 4 line is the public statement made to everyone since day dot. so beyond the under-performing comment, he's doing exactly what you are asking for. hold the line, comment only when you absolutely have to, get everything else sorted internally.

which isn't that what you wanted? to show some transparency? he did. he said the performance was not adequate.

people were angry earlier that they never heard from him and therefore made the assumption he wasn't a strong leader. he comes out and says the club is underperforming and its unacceptable and now people say he shouldn't make public comment. he can't win.

i'd argue this is exactly the moment he has to make public comment and be the face of the club, when its in crisis. which it is. the comments he has made are perfect. can't see an issue with any of them. positions the club nicely to implement club wide change. its time for a new direction.

You would argue that but the non biased media thought it was stupid. I’m going with them because they don’t have the agenda that you go on and on about. And on and on and on.

Isn’t that the point though? We as a football club are getting bad publicity the more we front the media. No need to summers to interview or Richo every Monday night.

Well richo did it last year without bad publicity. So the question is when do you pull him out and what excuse do you give because you can be assured him pulling out because we are going no good would get plenty of publicity and most of it bad.

I would say Summers on the SEN was his strong statement he has basically said over to you Richo in the end the W/L record will speak for it self & a recommendation from Lethlean will be his downfall,Richo stating we can win the flag was the start of the end & only W results will save him.

This is what he said;

"Alan has brought great leadership, he’s brought great integrity and coaching experience to our football club and we remain absolutely confident he’s the right person to take this group forward. We believe he’s exactly the right person we need. The problem right now is performing to our expectations. We said when we set our plan we expect to be around top four and at the start of the year we believed if we got consistency right, we were a side that could compete week in week out with everyone. We set some very ambitious goals and we don’t back away from those at all, but I think where we’re at right now is a reflection of not meeting our capabilities more than setting expectations that are beyond those capabilities. There’s clearly a big part of our underperformance this year and our being below expectations that come from not getting reward for effort. The Richmond result last year, we’ve beaten GWS, drawn with them this year, almost a huge win in Adelaide last year against Port Adelaide, we’ve shown that our top end is highly competitive.”
Transparently delusional I guess. Hope he doesn't do another interview for the rest of the year. Horrific stuff!

A draw against GWS and almost beating Port Adelaide. And we are the ones who are accepting mediocrity...

People on here have been screaming out for the heat to come onto the club. We forget that with that heat brings with it the need for the club to front the media.

Yep.
I have been thinking last 3 weeks he will bail out.
A spanking from Richmond this week and that will be it I reckon.
If I was president, Id pull him immediately,
but of course this St.Kilda and Im not sure we have a president so he continues to front up each Monday night.

Won’t go this week whatever happens. The players are still putting in every week. Just not good enough.

If there is a board challenge it needs to happen prior to Richo being shown the door. No coach is going to come when there's board turmoil.
Think the first port of call is a change in coach, board gets a reprieve then subject to further poor performance, board should step aside / be replaced.

I get the desire to upend the table and sort it all out at once but that will not achieve what we all want.

Roos would be worse than Blight. I cannot abide anything about Roos.

Me too.
Hopefully he is too comfortable in his cushy media role spouting his "expertise" to even consider it if asked.

Regarding Roo, he is clearly between a rock and a hard place. I have been very impressed with the classy way he has conducted himself in the media over this debacle. We could do a lot worse than getting him on board in some way.

If there is a board challenge it needs to happen prior to Richo being shown the door. No coach is going to come when there's board turmoil.
Think the first port of call is a change in coach, board gets a reprieve then subject to further poor performance, board should step aside / be replaced.

I get the desire to upend the table and sort it all out at once but that will not achieve what we all want.

But the coach will only interim so how does that help

This is what he said;

Transparently delusional I guess. Hope he doesn't do another interview for the rest of the year. Horrific stuff!

A draw against GWS and almost beating Port Adelaide. And we are the ones who are accepting mediocrity...

so:
- this is what the expectation and our aim was
- we are not meeting the agreed expectation
- i am supporting them to turn it around

i don't see the big deal. its bang on

like i said what do you want him to say? you want transparency, you go it. people want a strong statement made from him, he made it.

he said the bare minimum as well as letting everyone know pretty much that richo is as good as cooked. HURRAY!

we are moving in the right direction and hopefully more than just Richo are feeling the pressure. the issues we see now are bigger than just a senior coach. starts from the top.

Got no problem with what the president said if that's what Richo and football departments feed back was for the start of the year top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back