Game Day The Chronicles of Brisbania: The Lions, The Switch of Mackay to the Wardrobe

Remove this Banner Ad

dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Two bad losses have shaken this board to its very core, thirty minutes past midnight and still no game day thread. Sad!

Anyways, on to the game today. The AFL’s equalisation policy has dictated we mustn’t play Mackay today in order to give the Lions a fighting chance. And remarkably, despite this, we still start favourites for today’s game. Can we win without him? It seems like this is the first time in a million years we will get the chance to find out.

Anyone think there are some people at the AFC who are regretting ever giving him such a long contract all those years ago?

Tip: Crows to win by about 40 points

First thing I want to say is that I hope we bring the intent that Geelong brought last night. That is how you handle being called soft.

That kind of response is what so want to see our boy put up today.

Yes we should win. But I want us to see us win and show physical intent against the Lions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

First thing I want to say is that I hope we bring the intent that Geelong brought last night. That is how you handle being called soft.

That kind of response is what so want to see our boy put up today.

Yes we should win. But I want us to see us win and show physical intent against the Lions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep. That game was a tackle fest. Can we apply that sort of pressure and probably more importantly can we absorb that sort of pressure.

As bob Dylan said 'Oh the times they are a changin'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would really like to see strong performances by some of our kids today to keep that hack mackay out of the team for good.
I

My prediction, it will actually be a tight game.

Crows are down on confidence and gun shy.

They will over focus on trying to help out Sloane and forget that the best way to do that is to hurt the opposition themselves.

Brisbane will try and isolate Hartigan who is terribly down on confidence and we will give away silly goals.

Brisbane will come out flying as we persist with MCrouch and Douglas as the starting midfield combination and drip feed Greenwood minutes.

Brisbane will it pressure us and cause lots of turnovers as our skills let us down Under pressure and Sloane gets tagged out of the game.

We will eventually scrape in as Brisbane are simply not good enough.

Really hope I'm wrong and it's an absolute shallacking.

Is it just coincidence or something more that when jj was out of the team tex lifted to a higher standard. ?? When jj returned he wasnt the same,

JJ kicking goals require our entire forward line to play around him giving him paddocks of space for his run. We actually leave the most dangerous areas of forward 50 open for him to run through.

Our forward 50 structure is significantly better when we're not trying to warp it to allow JJ to be JJ. We actually structure up like a normal forward line and surprise, it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back