List Mgmt. The Chronicles of Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to popular demand "The Chronicles of Lloyd" have returned, figured I'd get in an early one in a desperate attempt to avoid work and with the interesting news coming out today.

LLoydy with the strut of a teenage male walking into school the day after popping his cherry, makes his way to the Docklands Cafe doors.

Today is the day LLoydy, today is the day. He's mine, all mine, years of ringing, appearing at his house, sending him lovely care packages from redballoon and its all about to be worth it.

"Great idea on the big catch-up Brad." Comes an all too familiar raspy drawl

Lloydy snaps out of his dream-like trance.

"Brady, wtf are you doing here. You weren't invited"

"Jason said you told him to invite everyone and that..."

"What do you mean, everyone..."

A wave of hopelessness crashes over Lloyd as he looks up to see not 1 but 10 other list managers chatting happily away, eagerly awaiting the start of the meeting.

"Ooooh, I just love this place" says Brady

"They make the best pumpkin spiced tumeric lattes"

With his heart in his stomache, Lloydy makes his way to the table to take a seat next to Jason Taylor, who stands up, and through a barely contained smug grin of triumph opens the meeting.

"I'd like to thank Brad on this great idea and for all of you coming out today"

Jason beckons to the group who break into applause.

"Now if we may get straight to business" he beams

"Squabbling amongst ourselves has gotten us nowhere, its time we come up with a fair an equitable way to get the Gold Coast players we want, personally, I like the original method of 'rock, paper, scizzors' but perhaps we need something a bit more robust"

"Guys, I'm happy to sit out as long as we get Barlow" shouts Mark Finnigan from the Roo's

As the group descends to shouting and chaos Lloydy leans in and whispers to Jason

"Jase, what happened, I thought we were talking about him"

"Yeah mate, and I thought Balic was a 'sure thing' as you put it"

Jason turns back to the group as Lloydy, quitely turns away and wipes away the tear slowly streaming down his face.

He takes out his phone and gazes longingly at the lock screen, stroking the image as if looking at a long lost lover.

"One day Jesse" he whispers to his phone, a picture of Jesse Hogan in Dockers colors holding a premiership cup beams back at him

"One day we'll be together forever"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The conclusion... (or so I thought)

Lloydy's phone begins to buzz in his pocket

We are the Navy Blues, We are the Old Dark Navy Blues, We're the team that never lets you down, We're the only team Young Hogey knows

Lloydy looks at his phone and nervous smirk creeps across his face. Play it cool Lloydy, play it cool

Lloydy: "Josh, what can I do you for you"

Mahoney: "What are you talking about Brad, I have 44 missed ca..."

Lloydy: "Must have been a pocket call, anyway, while I have you. All this Hogan to Freo news has me a bit worried mate, you know I did my part of the deal. SOS is good to go."

Mahoney: "Really, SOS agreed?"

Lloydy: "Wasnt easy Josh, had to put together a picture book showing Jesse played for Melbourne not GWS but he's going to send pick 1 your way"

Mahoney: "Noice Brad, yeah dont worry about all this Hogan in Perth nonsense, its just a smokescreen. He's committed to Carltank, in fact, we have a press release ready to go. I'll flik it your way now"

Sweet sweet Jesse, finally we'll together forever. It will all be worth...

Lloydy's phone buzzes as the text comes through

[in the voice of Hogan] Hello. Brad. You're. Quite. Good. At. Turning. Me. On

The Melbourne football club have been made aware of Jesse's desire to be traded to the Fremantle Football Club...

Lloydy: "W w wait, Josh, there's a mistake here mate, I'm at Carlton, not Freo"

Mahoney: "No mistake you dirty campaigner. Do you have any idea the s**t Balic got up to while he was here. Certified gun my arse. Suck an egg and enjoy the promotion to Carltank"

Beep Beep Beep

Hogan: "Jase, did you hear something coming from the attic?"

Lloydy quickly restrains himself and in a barely audible whisper to no one bar himself...

"Sweet sweet Jesse, if I cant have you, no one can"

The conclusion... (or so I thought)

Lloydy's phone begins to buzz in his pocket

We are the Navy Blues, We are the Old Dark Navy Blues, We're the team that never lets you down, We're the only team Young Hogey knows

Lloydy looks at his phone and nervous smirk creeps across his face. Play it cool Lloydy, play it cool

Lloydy: "Josh, what can I do you for you"

Mahoney: "What are you talking about Brad, I have 44 missed ca..."

Lloydy: "Must have been a pocket call, anyway, while I have you. All this Hogan to Freo news has me a bit worried mate, you know I did my part of the deal. SOS is good to go."

Mahoney: "Really, SOS agreed?"

Lloydy: "Wasnt easy Josh, had to put together a picture book showing Jesse played for Melbourne not GWS but he's going to send pick 1 your way"

Mahoney: "Noice Brad, yeah dont worry about all this Hogan in Perth nonsense, its just a smokescreen. He's committed to Carltank, in fact, we have a press release ready to go. I'll flik it your way now"

Sweet sweet Jesse, finally we'll together forever. It will all be worth...

Lloydy's phone buzzes as the text comes through

[in the voice of Hogan] Hello. Brad. You're. Quite. Good. At. Turning. Me. On

The Melbourne football club have been made aware of Jesse's desire to be traded to the Fremantle Football Club...

Lloydy: "W w wait, Josh, there's a mistake here mate, I'm at Carlton, not Freo"

Mahoney: "No mistake you dirty campaigner. Do you have any idea the s**t Balic got up to while he was here. Certified gun my arse. Suck an egg and enjoy the promotion to Carltank"

Beep Beep Beep

Hogan: "Jase, did you hear something coming from the attic?"

Lloydy quickly restrains himself and in a barely audible whisper to no one bar himself...

"Sweet sweet Jesse, if I cant have you, no one can"

What did i just read

Remove this Banner Ad

Back