The Clarko media bashing

Remove this Banner Ad

And to answer one of the OP's questions: no, it 'aint an anti Hawthorn bias in my opinion.

I respect that opinion, but it has been pretty obvious in my eyes since the 2008 Grand Final that certain members of the media have a very negative attitude towards anything Hawthorn does. One person in particular makes no secret of the fact he lost a lot of money on that game, and I've not heard one positive comment from him about Hawthorn ever since.

I am not baffled at all by the media, I am baffled why you guys give such a reaction? Or should I not be baffled, otherwise how else would these sports journalists get paid a wage.

Geez we are going to be pissed when we play Essendon. Watch the boys turn this assault on the club and Clarko around and take it out on Essendon. HFC doing it the hard way again. Love it. FWIW, if I was coach I would have kicked the crap out of that pillar after those two soft goals we gave away in the first quarter against the Pies. Quite restrained from Clarko really.

(Ps. watch the tongue around the young ones Clarko)

Love Clarko's passion, sure he can take it too far at times but seriously it's a couple of expletives then everyone moves on. Not appropriate in front of the kids but to players not puling their weight, dumb questions from journos, eg Robbo, or snakes at the club, eg Robson, I have no problem with it.

Class article from Rohan Connolly!

Case for the defence: don't hang Clarkson
I'VE SEEN some long bows drawn in my time. But few longer than when various media outlets chased down former Carlton defender Ian Aitken for comment on Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson's poor behaviour in a junior football match last Sunday.

Give the man a medal!
Honestly, a great read!

Is there any way to nominate that for a media award?

Clarko has done the wrong thing in regards to the kids footy match, he has put his hand up and apologised, he has been given his ban and this should be it. What has p*ssed me off abou the whole thing is how the media have seen fit to try and link the hole in the wall into the under 9's game to build up the story, the two are in no way related, 7 are the ones that have created the storm and kept it on the burner, the Hawks should boycott giving interviews to 7, f*** em!

Don't we all hate Rohan Connoly as well? Or is it only when we don't agree with him?

The sooner people can learn that the point of 90% of the media is more to sell media space and/or a means of self promotion than it is to actually provide accurate journalism the sooner we can all learn to relax and simply file half of the crap they write/say in the fiction section.

I respect that opinion, but it has been pretty obvious in my eyes since the 2008 Grand Final that certain members of the media have a very negative attitude towards anything Hawthorn does. One person in particular makes no secret of the fact he lost a lot of money on that game, and I've not heard one positive comment from him about Hawthorn ever since.
Grow up.

You've prattled on about the 'media' betting against Hawthorn and losing money and that being the reason why they're against us for 4 years.

It's one bloke but even if it were more...who cares...... and then you regularly go on to say how you don't care what the media have to say, you can't have it both ways...if you don't care...then great...but you if you do buy into some conspiracy then shut up about it...it is really irrelevant.

We're a great club and we look like we should be able to account for every other club come finals, and if we don't it won't be down to the media.

Yes Clarkson did the wrong thing to swear an an official at a kid's footy match, but front page of the Herald Sun?!

Another 100+ motor industry workers lost their job yesterday and somehow Clarkson swearing trumps the lot!

Is it any wonder the print media is going down the gurgler...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be all forgotten next week, there are other headlines to fill. If it had happened to Ratten, I think the story may have been even bigger in the medias's eyes.

Its actually quite amusing what a beat up this has proven to be.

Without trying to condone what happened as it was pretty stupid and so clarko has apologised the end result following the investigation by the league concerned is he has been banned from officiating for just 4 games!

4 games!

Not a life or season ban!

What jokes mitchell and geogie nobody has proven to be even calling for him to be stood down as coach of an afl club for this "heinous" act yet those involved see it only worthy to be stood down for just 4 games.

Shows what little perspective they have and so how irrelevant commentators like them are.

The interview on SEN this morning with Connolly and the twat from the junior league who suspended clarko was exactly what I expected. It is a bunch of plebs trying to feel important by slugging an AFL coach.

A panel of barristers...puuuhlease its just a circle jerk. Clarko should front up and put his fist through their walls.

I hope every deadbeat swearing parent in the Brahhhton footy league cops 4 now.

Yes Clarkson did the wrong thing to swear an an official at a kid's footy match, but front page of the Herald Sun?!

Another 100+ motor industry workers lost their job yesterday and somehow Clarkson swearing trumps the lot!

Is it any wonder the print media is going down the gurgler...
And to think they put that kind of article behind a pay wall!

The interview on SEN this morning with Connolly and the twat from the junior league who suspended clarko was exactly what I expected. It is a bunch of plebs trying to feel important by slugging an AFL coach.
This is what frustrates me most. Any one of us in that position (ie. just trying to help out) would have told the "official" to * off! But because it's an AFL coach, it's suddenly a big deal. Yeh, Clarko probably should know better given his position, but I find it a bit rich when other people give him s**t for it when they would most likely do it too.

Apparently Kennet would have suspended Clarko if he was still president!!

Can someone tell Jeff Kennet to butt out!!

He is no longer the president of the hawthorn football and his comments are not welcomed.

JK get stuffed!

Will be all forgotten next week, there are other headlines to fill. If it had happened to Ratten, I think the story may have been even bigger in the medias's eyes.

Herein lies a very salient point.

It was our turn.

Each week there a story that get's legs, the journo's all jump on board and Bingo - it's blown blown out of proportion

Two weeks into the season they had Collingwod players with no confidence in Buckley
Then followed Mark Nield's time under the media blowtorch
Rattens had his well documented run
Juddy chicken wing
Richmond's sleeping tablets

Yep if they carn't find a carcass to feed off they'll make one.
And if there's no new food available they'll pick it to the bone

The real artform in this game is to make sure you have a chair when the music stops

Not sure if anyone heard the press conference from this morning but this has gotten out of hand! Massive game tomorrow night and all the press want to ask about is his 4 match ban from the junior football league!

Tomorrow nights game cannot come quick enough so that the media have something else to busy themselves with.

This cycle happens every week where there is some 'hot' issue for the week that they run with and over play completely which then becomes completely forgotten after the weekend.

Also not looking forward to the excessive coaches box shots during the game tomorrow night hoping to catch Clarko fly kicking the table or something.

Herein lies a very salient point.

It was our turn.

Each week there a story that get's legs, the journo's all jump on board and Bingo - it's blown blown out of proportion

Two weeks into the season they had Collingwod players with no confidence in Buckley
Then followed Mark Nield's time under the media blowtorch
Rattens had his well documented run
Juddy chicken wing
Richmond's sleeping tablets

Yep if they carn't find a carcass to feed off they'll make one.
And if there's no new food avaiable they'll pick it to the bone

The real artform in this game is to make sure you have a chair when the music stops

Ripping post that, pretty much sums up the AFL media machine, :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back