Review The class of 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

If you take the 22 who played in the final (in Adams out Campbell) as a template for a best 22 and counting Greenwood and L Delaney as , I would expect (hope) thet the following players will be pushing up at certain timelines:

2013 - Mullett, Black, Kennedy, C Delaney, Jacobs, Hine, Daw, Gysberts, Currie, Sierakowski, (M Warren, Richardson , Speight)
2014 - McDonald, McKenzie, Curren, Wood, Garner, Mabon, (McGennis)
2015 - Wilkins

If you take the 22 who played in the final (in Adams out Campbell) as a template for a best 22 and counting Greenwood and L Delaney as , I would expect (hope) thet the following players will be pushing up at certain timelines:

2013 - Mullett, Black, Kennedy, C Delaney, Jacobs, Hine, Daw, Gysberts, Currie, Sierakowski, (M Warren, Richardson , Speight)
2014 - McDonald, McKenzie, Curren, Wood, Garner, Mabon, (McGennis)
2015 - Wilkins
That's a fair enough assessment. Lots of players looking at getting a gig this year.

Three first round picks pushing for 2014. Lovely.

Direct from another player late last season, when I asked how AK was going and whether or not he's good enough to crack the firsts in 2013 - "Ayden's a bloody star. Seriously, he can do things few of us can emulate. Brad has high hopes for him too. 2012's just about him playing footy and building up his tank and confidence. I reckon he'll be a very good player for us when the time's right."

Wow. 2013 could be his year then..

This draft pick makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I have to put it down to being a genuine piss take.

It was crazy over that pre-season there was a lot of hype around Norris and for the first few games of the season his was an emergency if I re-call. From that point he hardly showed anything at VFL level...anyone know where is at now??

Is Scott playin for Box Hill again this year? I always thought he was an excellent
Natural midfielder who knew how to find the footy. Was a shame his body didnt hold up

This draft pick makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I have to put it down to being a genuine piss take.

Guess it was a speculative pick. Having 5 selections inside 45 we were able to get some players who we'd have rated as sure bets. Norris' endurance testing was off the charts so it was probably a punt to see if his football/mass could reach a level that exploited that. Unfortunately they didn't.

Same situation with Warren Benjamin the year before. Explosive strong bodied utility. Who unfortunately couldn't really play. To think we could've got Rockliff instead...

Emma Quayle reported at the end of 2011 that a club came in offering Daw a contract forcing us to give him a new deal.

Heard someone guess it was the dogs.

Even at only moderate output and a handful of senior appearances, I reckon that there will be more offers come the end of the year. If not re-signed by us first of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this thread we had high hopes for Kennedy and now he seems gone.

Can he survive another year.
Toes was saying that the club thought he was a very skilled player-can that save him.

We need the back up at the very least - havens Goff match depth in the KP in fwd or defence.

Hope he makes it.

In this thread we had high hopes for Kennedy and now he seems gone.

Can he survive another year.
Toes was saying that the club thought he was a very skilled player-can that save him.

We need the back up at the very least - havens Goff match depth in the KP in fwd or defence.

Hope he makes it.

With the lose of Delaney if keep him for another year.

Delist siera, Mabon, gysberts, downgrade Anthony.

3 picks in the draft, 1 rookie selection

This bunch is looking good. We could end up with 6 senior players from this draft.

532065-north-melbourne.jpg

Draftees

Cunners - tick
Basti - tick
J-Mac - tick
AK - Unlucky. Is good enough.
Black - Needs to extract digit. Has the talent.
The other bloke - WTF?! Gone.

Rookies

Majak - Showing promise. Should fill a role.
Matty Scott - The kid could play. Too light and a bastard run with injuries. Gone.

B10...wat an odd looking photo this was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back