Play Nice The "Clean Slate" Pledge, 2017 - 58 pledges so far

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

In.

Yeah, leave the mongrel for on field antic. Do you have punitive troll measurements or do we all simply stand, cheer and tallyho them.
No consequence is a community catchcry presently, so do we chirp to their negative groans or procure a sod off symbol in the place of reply.
You know the cries. Danger to fullback to give us run. Motlop is soft, cocky hasnt shown balls yet. Scotty needs to be replaced by the remaining force of the bee gees. Lonergan should have retired years ago. Hawk is irrelevant. Tuohy is what i wanted to do to him when he was a blue. Ok, that last one was mine.
I have held my lefty banter from them with passion.
You clearly didnt take my above comment as a pledge. Read between the lines people.

If i pledge can we change the colour of the banter and rumor prefixes so they don't look like the preview threads? far out that's annoying.:mad:
Thats not controlled by us - its a site wide setting so it wont be changed.

Mind you , if thats the worst thing you have to complain about... we're in a great place.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :p

Go Catters

Yep. Was jack of this board towards the end of last year. Hopefully this will see an acceptance of diversity of opinion.
Personally I always enjoy diversity of opinion , 100% agreement would make a bland board.. its the way you express it. There is no need to denigrate others intelligence or sanity because they have a different line of thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I always enjoy diversity of opinion , 100% agreement would make a bland board.. its the way you express it. There is no need to denigrate others intelligence or sanity because they have a different line of thought.

This.

Unfortunately however, some are prone to posting with emotion, and / or a vehement insistence that their reasoning and opinion is above all else. This is then interspersed with derogatory, condescending nicknames and references.

As you say, it's all in the expression, and a lack of respect.

Respect, patience and tolerance would lift the standard of this board immensely.

How does the pledge relate to Hawks fans who insert themselves into one of our threads? :D
They aren't one of our own so can be told to * right off swiftly IMO :D

They aren't one of our own so can be told to **** right off swiftly IMO :D
I would say only if they are being a rude little twat, but if it's just a legitimate football discussion I have no problem with other clubs supporters coming in for a chat.

I wouldn't want our board to get a reputation as hostile.

Being an admitted raging sociopath who has picked an unrelenting fight on numerous occasions with every single poster on the Geelong board several times and occasionaly more than once in a repeated fashion, I might as well add my name to the pledge.

Can I still crack ribald 'mum' jokes about other posters' mothers though?

Being an admitted raging sociopath who has picked an unrelenting fight on numerous occasions with every single poster on the Geelong board several times and occasionaly more than once in a repeated fashion, I might as well add my name to the pledge.

Can I still crack ribald 'mum' jokes about other posters' mothers though?
I dont think you have picked one with me Sicko - should I feel disappointed or relieved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back