Remove this Banner Ad

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes, the Family Guy spin off based around Cleveland Brown finally premieres in the US at 10.30am AEST this Monday :thumbsu:

And bad news for all of you Cleveland haters because FOX has ordered a full 22 episode first season AND an initial 13 episodes for a second season so there will be at least 35 episodes. So let us hope it's good :p

Just watched it. Man, that was bad. Really bad. It was a big error of judgment to base a new show on Cleveland - they should have gone with Quagmire or Joe instead.

Is it a different type of humour (ie directed more at black demographic in the US), or is it just the same type of Family Guy humour done badly?

Is it a different type of humour (ie directed more at black demographic in the US), or is it just the same type of Family Guy humour done badly?

There's a lot of black jokes (even the 'between scenes' music is sort of a cliche of black sitcom music) and a lot of redneck jokes (it's set in Virginia).

Has some "this is x y the time" jokes in each episode but far less than Family Guy.

Same family guy humour but it is more directed at the black demographic. My dad is African American and I went to live in New York for half a year so I understand the puns a fair bit better than I expect you guys would.

Silo and the Bear are gold. Cleveland himself isn't very funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first two eps sucked hard, but the third was pretty good imo. i think it will just need some time to grow.

First off all Ive got all of family guy on DVD, love Family Guy.

American Dad was a step down...had a few laughs though!

But this is just pure s**t. 100% concentrated s**t! Cleveland wasnt even funny in Family Guy...he was just boring...

and thats what this show is...BORING!!

I strongly recommend no one make the mistake of watching it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back