Star Wars The Clone Wars Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Kids shows can be sprinkled with adult themes, and adults can enjoy kids shows, but these cartoons are 100 per cent aimed at kids and I just can't get into them. I tried watching both Clone War and Rebels and had no real interest. The movies walk the line of being aimed at both adults and kids much better, though there is a big difference between, say, The Phantom Menace and ESB or TLJ.

I read the young adult novel Most Wanted because I heard some people say these books were as well written as the adult novels. It wasn't, the lack of depth is obvious, the lack of subtlety to get through to less mature readers is easy to spot. I mean, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great.

Care to give some specific examples?

Is a movie that contains limbs getting cut off and scary moments more aimed at adults than a show where characters are decapitated on screen, or a show where psychological elements of warfare are explored and the traumatic effect they can have on people?

Or is this really just a "Lol it's a cartoon so it's gotta be for kids" at which point I'd ask you who Rick & Morty, or Family Guy are aimed at..

In fact reading those reviews more closely, they seem to be responding to some notion of labelling the show as not appropriate for kids, or a strictly adult show, when the only point being made by me, and others, is that people who disparage it as ONLY a kids show are the ones being silly. They're for everyone and contain elements for everyone. In those reviews quoted, they even make reference to specific moments that might not be suitable for kids. I mean, inherently if a show has moments like that, it's not being aimed exclusively at kids..?

From a movie perspective, the Star Wars movies are aimed at kids. They are made for kids to watch. That's a fact. Lucas spoke regularly about how they're aimed at 12 year olds. But we all still like them and there's nothing wrong with that. Pretty much no difference..

That's a wilful misrepresentation of what they said.

Is it? You sure you're not the one misrepresenting what they said?

I'm still waiting for one, just one, example of something in one of the Star Wars movies that is 'directed at adults' that doesn't appear in TCW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are moments from the trailer that are the same scenes from ROTS. Would be pretty sick if we got to see more Vader pre suit scenes but I doubt it. More Order 66 and Clones turning scenes will be awesome.

Yes noticed that too, the “I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi” is straight from ROTS right?

Yes noticed that too, the “I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi” is straight from ROTS right?

Yeah and Padme being pregnant to Anakin, must be a scene from Mustafar.

Re-watching this in the lead up to the new season, and I know I'm a broken record but I don't really understand how people watch this and think it's a kids show - or, that it's exclusively it's a kids show.

It's PG, the same rating as 5/6 original movies.

I asked Jack in another thread if he'd need sex added to make this seem 'adult' and then realised there are multiple episodes with scenes set in strip clubs. So it's not even missing that. :p

Just re-watched the Savage introductory arc and am now onto the Mortis arc (watching in chronological order) and oh man is there some good stuff in here.

Ep 3 soon. So far Ep 1 was top tier and then Ep 2 outdid it. Can Ep 3 somehow go up a gear again? I dare say...yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back