Opinion The Club and the way they communicate with us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the question, but am hypothesising with common sense right now, that if your after transparency with issues such as players carrying niggles and complaints, or game plan matters or selection reasons, the club for obvious reasons is not going to go on a public spree and announce it to the public.

What are the areas You want more transparency and openness?

Area 51, Roswell, and who the hell killed JFK??

:D

I asked the question, but am hypothesising with common sense right now, that if your after transparency with issues such as players carrying niggles and complaints, or game plan matters or selection reasons, the club for obvious reasons is not going to go on a public spree and announce it to the public.

What are the areas You want more transparency and openness?
Agreed. If the issue at hand is the club being coy about these topics, I fully support them taking that stance.

Agreed. If the issue at hand is the club being coy about these topics, I fully support them taking that stance.

I hear a lot of supporters over the years on this forum complain about mostly injury matters foremost, then selection dramas come next, then game plan complaints.

There should be a very obvious reason why the club has to have a zero tolerance policy on any such information. I feel that some of our supporters probably don’t quite get that.

Anything else should be fairly debatable as to if it can be released or not.

I hear a lot of supporters over the years on this forum complain about mostly injury matters foremost, then selection dramas come next, then game plan complaints.

There should be a very obvious reason why the club has to have a zero tolerance policy on any such information. I feel that some of our supporters probably don’t quite get that.

Anything else should be fairly debatable as to if it can be released or not.
It's always been obvious to me. Why would you give opposition clubs an advantage by divulging information that could compromise the team? All for the sake of fan 'transparency'..
I would prefer to win games of footy than to know that a player is carrying a niggle that could potentially expose a weakness.
Not sure what else the club could communicate in that respect.
On the other hand, updating the gfc website from time to time would be nice. Too much content is now exclusive to Facebook or instagram. Even the afl.com website sometimes publishes gfc specific content that doesn't make it to the club website. Seems like the team over there needs to pull their finger out.

Well this thread....I feel, has aged very well :D

We've gone backwards, let's be frank.

With talk on twitter of a new media team I hope it improves but I'm not filled with confidence...

Maybe Broughton (the flog ;) ) wasn't so bad after all... or maybe a low bar has been lowered? :shrug:

Well this thread....I feel, has aged very well :D

We've gone backwards, let's be frank.

With talk on twitter of a new media team I hope it improves but I'm not filled with confidence...

Maybe Broughton (the flog ;) ) wasn't so bad after all... or maybe a low bar has been lowered? :shrug:
Maybe Mitch wasn't the problem.

Didn't they advertise for new social media and website people prior to Christmas?

The newbies could still be getting into the swing of their role or maybe the club is restrictive with what information they allow to be released

Didn't they advertise for new social media and website people prior to Christmas?

The newbies could still be getting into the swing of their role or maybe the club is restrictive with what information they allow to be released

As we have long suspected (and Mitch himself made very clear on here some time ago), there is absolutely no 'maybe' about it.

I'd suggest both of these points are the reason..
The first is completely understandable
The second is why people get the shits

Our website is useless too I might add.
I think it’s outsourced in its design layout as all AFL clubs are the same. Must say I hate the app and how it functions.

Now as for content. Severe decline.
Not as many weekly segments with the players in the last couple of seasons. Less updates over summer.

I think it’s outsourced in its design layout as all AFL clubs are the same. Must say I hate the app and how it functions.

Not as many weekly segments with the players in the last couple of seasons. Less updates over summer.
Yep.. the app is pure trash now.
Hard to work out what is where and if you are coming or going.
I used to love it and how easy it was to watch weekly vids etc, I rarely check it anymore as it is a hot mess .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its horrendous. For a sport with a multi billion dollar TV and broadcast rights deal, they sure know how to * up fan interactions and communication.

GO Catters

Clearly I have a bias...

But ignore that for a second... we've had 2 timely postings and informational discussions on player matters this week.

The club aint given us anything all last year really.

KROCK 2
CLub 0

GO Catters

Yep.. the app is pure trash now.
Hard to work out what is where and if you are coming or going.
I used to love it and how easy it was to watch weekly vids etc, I rarely check it anymore as it is a hot mess .
If you use youtube app on your phone or watch a video elsewhere and pause mid video to write a message or whatever you can resume at that spot. If you exit a video on this app for a mere millisecond you lose the video. Infuriating.

Its horrendous. For a sport with a multi billion dollar TV and broadcast rights deal, they sure know how to **** up fan interactions and communication.

GO Catters
I've got the 76ers app on my phone...

They have content on their app every single day, post match interviews with 3 or 4 players, highlights from the best few players games, a game highlights reel, coaches press conference, a podcast (a 15 min review of the game basically), a photo gallery ... That is from game day. On the off days they have photos and interviews from practice.

Now obviously we are talking VASTLY different budgets... but we also have 1 game a week.
They produce all this with sometimes 5 games in 7 days.

And it would be stuff that I don't think would be that hard to replicate.

We're trying very hard to engage with the fan base, Willo.

If we can fill a perceived gap for those who want information about the blue and white hoops, we'll do our best to provide it, on-air and online.
Kingy a large portion of my posts need to be taken tongue in cheek... I think it's brilliant that you guys are engaging the way you are and filling the gaps.

We're trying very hard to engage with the fan base, Willo.

If we can fill a perceived gap for those who want information about the blue and white hoops, we'll do our best to provide it, on-air and online.
Let there be no mistake, it’s greatly appreciated.

Kingy a large portion of my posts need to be taken tongue in cheek... I think it's brilliant that you guys are engaging the way you are and filling the gaps.

also a large portion of Willo_ 's head is often filled by either beer or hot air...

And its often unidentifiable which is which.. :D

Go Catters

Let there be no mistake, it’s greatly appreciated.
I dare say we have long mentioned how without KRock or the Addy we would be in the dark on a lot of injuries/issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back