Roast The club is bigger than the individual

Remove this Banner Ad

I will always renew my membership but I'll be ******* damned if it doesn't give me licence to get shitty with club performance.
The problem is everyone says "you must turn up to every game or you're a traitor" so I dutifully turn up (they are not caring about my health and blood pressure are they? Nor my complete overpacked schedule) and then they complain about my FFSaking during the game and i get all these dirty looks as though it is not ok for a woman to swear. You can't have it both way people. Either you accept the carry on in return for the members turning up or you let us stay home and tourettes in the privacy of our own homes.

I'm not giving up my tickets. Why wouldn't I continue to watch dross and get blind on $10 beers?

I guess looking back those were the best times I had at the footy. Taking it completely unseriously at AAMI in the driving rain watching utter dross giggling at the ineptitude and the "what happen power" and "where ambulance" as one of our players literally dies from a head high hit.

I guess looking back those were the best times I had at the footy. Taking it completely unseriously at AAMI in the driving rain watching utter dross giggling at the ineptitude and the "what happen power" and "where ambulance" as one of our players literally dies from a head high hit.

One of my most fun days at the footy was being one of 10 people in our bay during that 140 year anniversary smashing against Richmond. With my hip flask full of Jacks laughing how cold and wet I was and how s**t we were.

One of my most fun days at the footy was being one of 10 people in our bay during that 140 year anniversary smashing against Richmond. With my hip flask full of Jacks laughing how cold and wet I was and how s**t we were.

Dude. That heroic 8 goal last hurrah from tredrea to sink Richmond with seconds left.

My favourite memory in all my years. I was really only into football in 2005. Never experienced the ship'

Dude. That heroic 8 goal last hurrah from tredrea to sink Richmond with seconds left.

My favourite memory in all my years. I was really only into football in 2005. Never experienced the ship'

I reckon the 2nd coming was 2009.

The 140th Anniversary game was 2010, and we'd had a bit of a mixed start to the season, and we had a 0-9 Richmond at home to get us back on track and we got spanked by like 40 points in the wettest game I can recall attending.

Those were the days. Going to watch the likes of Daniel Stewart, Matt Thomas, Greg Bentley, Danny Meyer, Alifatty and Smoky Broadbent try and play football in some antique stadium that hadn't had a dollar spent on it since 1986, watching a bunch of 9 year olds run around with teal curtains around the centre square for quote unquote Pre Match Entertainment.

I have felt a little sad seeing the ol girl start to get knocked down the last couple weeks

The 140th Anniversary game was 2010, and we'd had a bit of a mixed start to the season, and we had a 0-9 Richmond at home to get us back on track and we got spanked by like 40 points in the wettest game I can recall attending.

that's the only footy match iv been too with my brother and the 1st one i was drunk at.

No amount of alcohol can make you escape that putrid hell hole of a day

"Thank you for your email in regards to your opinion on Ken Hinkley.

Judging from your facts about Ken, I’m guessing you didn’t follow Port Adelaide when we were at AAMI Stadium after 2007?

We missed out on playing finals 5 years in a row with average crowds of 15,000. Ken came to the club in 2013 and we immediately got back to our winning ways and made the Semi Finals just losing to Geelong. Our first final appearance since 2007. The following year we moved to Adelaide Oval, much to the delight of our members and supporters with an average of over 40,000 to a game. We also made a Preliminary Final but went down to eventual premiers Hawthorn.

2015 and 16 wasn’t the best but every team goes through seasons like this. Richmond didn’t play finals either. 2017 we made the finals again but fell short in extra time to West Coast and this season we are looking at another finals campaign under Ken Hinkley. From where we were at AAMI Stadium to now, I don’t think any other coach would of pulled us out of the situation we were in – the laughing stock of the competition with tarps on seats so the stadium didn’t look empty.

This is Ken’s 6th year at the club and we are looking at our 4th finals campaign.

Kind Regards,

William Northeast

Member Services Officer"
I would hate to think how much $$$ we have thrown away thanks to this member services officer, who has definitely done a PR course and did not get the job through nepotism.

Every time this guy communicates (argues) with a member, we lose them.

The weather at that game legit put my mum in hospital for two weeks. We had to leave that s**t game at half time, which I suppose was the one positive.

After watching the parade of past greats and their flags and banners get absolutely soaked, ex-PAMFC junior Ben Nason (taken with the spare late pick we gave them along with Mitch Farmer in exchange for Schulz btw) experiences literally the pinnacle of his career. 3 sausage rolls.

Also Dimma's first ever win as a senior coach, in what would prove to be the death knell for Choco's career - we were actually in the eight that morning. Felt like the lowest ebb of lowest ebbs. Finally hitting rock bottom after the asteroid strike of late 2007.

But nah. It would actually get worse.

Meanwhile, five of their blokes, Riewoldt, Martin, Astbury, Edwards and Cotchin are now premiership players. Our survivors are Boak, Broadbent and Westhoff.

#blessed

After watching the parade of past greats and their flags and banners get absolutely soaked, ex-PAMFC junior Ben Nason (taken with the spare late pick we gave them along with Mitch Farmer in exchange for Schulz btw) experiences literally the pinnacle of his career. 3 sausage rolls.

Also Dimma's first ever win as a senior coach, in what would prove to be the death knell for Choco's career - we were actually in the eight that morning. Felt like the lowest ebb of lowest ebbs. Finally hitting rock bottom after the asteroid strike of late 2007.

But nah. It would actually get worse.

Meanwhile, five of their blokes, Riewoldt, Martin, Astbury, Edwards and Cotchin are now premiership players. Our survivors are Boak, Broadbent and Westhoff.

#blessed
Even then calling Broadbent a survivor might be too strong a word since he's been figuratively in a footballing coma for about a year (apart from a 1 1/2 game Maggies cameo) and lucky for him the plug won't be pulled for another 14 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am getting a bit sick already of all the people throwing in the towel and wanting to throw away their memberships and seemingly encouraging others to do the same.

The club is bigger than the individuals.

I am in no way an apologist for the individuals at our club may well have failed this year (I will wait til the end of the year to do my review) but I have been a Port member my entire life and that is not going to change any time soon.

I will still be here supporting the club both emotionally and financially for as long as there is a PAFC and I will keep agitating for change until we are holding the cup aloft again.

And I know that the victory will be all the sweeter for it, just like it was in 2004.

This club needs your support, we are not a massive financial behemoth. We need all our members to 'live the creed', agitate from the inside not from outside, and make sure we return to where we belong.

HTFU.
It's fine all this loyalty thing , many of us been in the same boat, many for decades. At which point does one say enough is enough ? , Club Admin doesn't seem to be on the same page as most of us and seems to have learn zilch from the Choco fiasco . What irks the most is their acceptance of mediocrity ? , compared to what most of us demand , and their absolute trashing of our heritage , we are NOT the Club for all South Australians , we are Port Adelaide , KH and KT pay lip service acknowledging our history and the way Port did things , but in reality they have NFI.

I would hate to think how much $$$ we have thrown away thanks to this member services officer, who has definitely done a PR course and did not get the job through nepotism.

Every time this guy communicates (argues) with a member, we lose them.
Yes , unfortunately I had an issue with Membership a little while ago , almost got a F.U. from this smug smart arse , felt like giving the Club a F.U. in return , was gonna contact management , but ahhh F. it !

The problem is everyone says "you must turn up to every game or you're a traitor" so I dutifully turn up (they are not caring about my health and blood pressure are they? Nor my complete overpacked schedule) and then they complain about my FFSaking during the game and i get all these dirty looks as though it is not ok for a woman to swear. You can't have it both way people. Either you accept the carry on in return for the members turning up or you let us stay home and tourettes in the privacy of our own homes.
This is my thinking.
I go to every game, the personal investment means I get to be pissed off!

I was helping out on the Outer Army BBQ that day, I have never BBQ'd since!

wrong thread for it but i went to a new ground being built where some of the footy park seats were bought and are being used, literally 5 bucks each they cost

we should all support the club. but the club doesnt seem to be doing what the members want..we want premierships..and we believe attacking football is the way to do it...ken should be forced to listen to us and give up his loser defensive style.
Don't know why we all understand this but Ken doesn't. Yes, you defend obsessively and in most cases the other club's lack of goals keep us within distance of snatching a win. But it also works the other way and we are always in that no-man's land where the game might go either way. It also puts Ken off trying new players as an inexperienced mistake could cost the game. Same with umpiring errors, keep the game close and umpiring errors come into it. Railing against them is like banging your head against a brick wall, the only way to take umpiring out of the equation is to score enough to cover those errors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back