gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
This is what they would call a pulse check and timing of its release isn't coincidental in my view. Often they are used in the corporate world to judge employees views on the culture and direction of the business. Usually at times of change to gauge the impact. They will be reviewing alongside last year and reading the tea leaves. They would know what they are likely to get back but it will deliver comparative quantitative data to analyse and present to the board.

But will it really lead to any major change though it will they bury it?

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
This was my response:

The clubs performance over the past 5 seasons has been poor, consistency is lacking particularly the last 2 seasons. The same issues continually arise and on field performance is declining not improving even though the playing list and assistant coaches have been considerably turned over.

Ken Hinkley would rather be a friend to the players rather than a coach who seeks accountability from the players when they underperform. To throw away 148 years of tradition by appointing co-captains who clearly have minimal leadership qualities has been detrimental and has been disrespectful to the clubs members. Port ADELAIDE football club would cease to exist without its members and without change it will enter another era where the membership figures will fall. Port Adelaide exists to win premierships, not just to sit middle of the road on the premiership table .

I have loved this club for 31 years and it saddens me to know that unless major change occurs with regards to the direction of the club, in particular the removal of Ken Hinkley then our 150 year celebration will be remembered for the fact the the PAFC is a complete rabble during 2020. As supporters it is clear that the coach has lost the players and the team is mentally week, illustrated by its inconsistency and inability to turn up mentally switched on for games. 12 goalless quarters for this season so far is unacceptable. Adelaide Oval should be our fortress, yet seemingly we play better away from it. Our foot skills and goal kicking is woeful and Bassett has completely destroyed our forward 6. Voss also needs to be moved in, he may have been an excellent player, but he is no coaching genius.

I could go on, but frankly I do not believe that the current administration has enough balls to make the necessary changes.

The skeptic in me thinks the marketing team watched some Inside Anfield videos and got some ideas.

Problem is Liverpool generally win.
This is more like Being Liverpool when Liverpool were mid table.

or Sunderland Til I Die.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Bring back the white clash guernsey. Why isnt that an option?
Why do we need to have 1.

Why can't we use the grey, the teal or the white, depending on the clash.

4 separate Guernseys, black the main, and the others all available when required.

We have an extremely versatile Guernsey, and despite public opinion looks pretty darn good in any version.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Unpopular opinion alert.

This bring back the bars stuff has gone too far, there's so much unrest in this thread seemingly related to that. It's creating unnecessary unrest. Move on people. We should be allowed to wear them on special occasions without any restriction, but it won't and it shouldn't ever be our number 1 AFL Guernsey. Not only did we accept moving on from the magpies for the right to play in the AFL, a trade I'd do again every single time, but we have to acknowledge we weren't the first magpies, and we don't need to just be seen as the 2nd AFL magpies, the smaller purely SA magpies. We're the Power, we wear the BiB, move on.

Unpopular opinion alert.

This bring back the bars stuff has gone too far, there's so much unrest in this thread seemingly related to that. It's creating unnecessary unrest. Move on people. We should be allowed to wear them on special occasions without any restriction, but it won't and it shouldn't ever be our number 1 AFL Guernsey. Not only did we accept moving on from the magpies for the right to play in the AFL, a trade I'd do again every single time, but we have to acknowledge we weren't the first magpies, and we don't need to just be seen as the 2nd AFL magpies, the smaller purely SA magpies. We're the Power, we wear the BiB, move on.
Yep, I agree. Very unpopular. Thanks for the warning though.

Given his close relationship with Eddie McGuire, is Cos Cardone the board member spoiling attempts to wear the prison bars?
Cardone’s relationship with McGuire is not ‘close’ it’s ‘paid’.

His persistent silence on the subject grows more suspicious the longer it continues.

An honest operator would own up, speak up, not hide.

Unpopular opinion alert.

The Prison Bars is a Port Adelaide jumper. Not a Magpies jumper.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Prison Bars is a Port Adelaide jumper. Not a Magpies jumper.

I don’t think I’ve read single post saying we want to be the Port Adelaide Magpies in the AFL, we are “the power”

As you said, the Prisonbars is a port Adelaide jumper, completely unique to us.

Being the “power” has no bearing on this and should in no way impact us wearing the prisonbars.

I don’t think I’ve read single post saying we want to be the Port Adelaide Magpies in the AFL, we are “the power”

Being the “power” has no bearing on this and should in no way impact us wearing the prisonbars.
Also we wore the Prison Bars before the BiB jumper so that argument is dumb too.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

All that it would be is a 2nd team wearing B&W stripes. Basically a 2nd Collingwood. A smaller, lesser team and club that'd be stuck in their shadow.

I don't want to be that.

Personally I think there's a 0.0001% chance we'll ever make the prison bars our full time Guernsey, so I'm not too stressed, but it is annoying to hear our supporters take the pipe dream so far.

Greymatter

Senior List
Jan 27, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You sound like koch
All that it would be is a 2nd team wearing B&W stripes. Basically a 2nd Collingwood. A smaller, lesser team and club that'd be stuck in their shadow.

I don't want to be that.

Personally I think there's a 0.0001% chance we'll ever make the prison bars our full time Guernsey, so I'm not too stressed, but it is annoying to hear our supporters take the pipe dream so far.

I don't want to be that.

Instead we are a crap version of Freo. Southern Power.

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why do we need to have 1.

Why can't we use the grey, the teal or the white, depending on the clash.

4 separate Guernseys, black the main, and the others all available when required.

We have an extremely versatile Guernsey, and despite public opinion looks pretty darn good in any version.

Or just be Collingwood and refuse to wear anything else

Back