The club thinks we are all mugs.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All that it would be is a 2nd team wearing B&W stripes. Basically a 2nd Collingwood. A smaller, lesser team and club that'd be stuck in their shadow.

I don't want to be that.

Personally I think there's a 0.0001% chance we'll ever make the prison bars our full time Guernsey, so I'm not too stressed, but it is annoying to hear our supporters take the pipe dream so far.
Prefering the chevrons is fine but the way you present your argument projects a massive inferiority complex.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
All that it would be is a 2nd team wearing B&W stripes. Basically a 2nd Collingwood. A smaller, lesser team and club that'd be stuck in their shadow.

I don't want to be that.

Personally I think there's a 0.0001% chance we'll ever make the prison bars our full time Guernsey, so I'm not too stressed, but it is annoying to hear our supporters take the pipe dream so far.
The only people who would think that are victorians and crows supporters... and personally who gives a * what they think.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
On what page is the question regarding the guernsey on? I started the survey earlier today and gave up after the guernsey question. It was towards the start, but I haven't encountered it half way through upon redoing it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

elee

All Australian
Jun 10, 2017
Darling Point, Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
WHY ISN'T THERE ANY CLUB LEGENDS WHO IS ABLE TO STAND UP.. GET A MOVEMENT UP & REMOVE ALL THESE HANGER-ONS SUCKING THE CLUB DRY OF PROUD TRADITIONS. THERE SEEM TO BE ABSOLUTE SILENCE(?) AFTER 6 LONGS YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY. IT'S NOT EVEN MEDIOCRITY - IT'S ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES. THIS IS ALL B.S.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Cookbook tempting me to use the thumbs down react for the first time. Carny carn carn carn mate.
I did say it'd be unpopular, but it's just my opinion.

I think the whole campaign is pointless as IMO it'll never happen and shouldn't ever happen, and as such it's just one more divisive topic amongst our supporter base which is wasting energy, and given our current disenchantment I just don't think it's doing any good.

But I'm happy to be in the minority on that.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

I don't want to be that.

You're missing the point of football club branding entirely.

It's not for anyone else. It's for Port Adelaide people. Collingwood are totally irrelevant to the discussion. What is said about about us externally is completely irrelevant.

What the #bringbackthebars campaign is about is getting Port Adelaide people engaged with their club again, and the prison bar guernsey will be a huge visual reminder of what the club is supposed to be about. It's a guernsey that is sacred to this club and a guernsey that we've won a shitload of premierships in. We're not piggybacking Collingwood at all and the suggestion is ludicrous, we're piggybacking ourselves.

People who say "oh they look a bit like Collingwood" aren't the people who are going to be buying Port Adelaide memberships.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
WHY ISN'T THERE ANY CLUB LEGENDS WHO IS ABLE TO STAND UP.. GET A MOVEMENT UP & REMOVE ALL THESE HANGER-ONS SUCKING THE CLUB DRY OF PROUD TRADITIONS. THERE SEEM TO BE ABSOLUTE SILENCE(?) AFTER 6 LONGS YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY. IT'S NOT EVEN MEDIOCRITY - IT'S ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES. THIS IS ALL B.S.
Trust me, there are, but they have as much power as we do- none.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sadly no membership survey my way. If there's any vote against this year's clash guernsey, please add one for me. And no, I don't want to play in "black and white stripes". Way to miss the mark, big time. Presumably, like the no-captains debacle, the decision has already been made and this is the Club's way of softening the impact of it when announced :mad:.

Unpopular opinion alert.

This bring back the bars stuff has gone too far, there's so much unrest in this thread seemingly related to that. It's creating unnecessary unrest. Move on people. We should be allowed to wear them on special occasions without any restriction, but it won't and it shouldn't ever be our number 1 AFL Guernsey. Not only did we accept moving on from the magpies for the right to play in the AFL, a trade I'd do again every single time, but we have to acknowledge we weren't the first magpies, and we don't need to just be seen as the 2nd AFL magpies, the smaller purely SA magpies. We're the Power, we wear the BiB, move on.
You are attacking the symptom and suggesting we ignore the symptoms to find a cure, that is illogical. And you keep using the term Magpies, absolutely nobody is claiming that nickname, you are creating a straw man there.

The main issue is that the club are acting like pussies both on and off the pitch, the two are and always will be connected. To be told by another CLUB (not the AFL) what we can do with our own heritage is a symptom of the greater malaise.

Nobody expects the PB’s to become our main guernsey, we have a fantastic main guernsey, it has never been a part of the campaign, the campaign is to recognise and use the PB’s on a regular basis, whether that is as a clash guernsey or another regular way how WE as a club wish to.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They would have been better off rushing it out straight after beating Geelong.
I'm sure it was rushed off after Geelong. I bet it was put together for them after the unexpected win with instructions to send out once ready, so they'd get a temporary 'Life's good at Port!' vibe they could sell. They didn't expect the team to lose against the Bulldogs (more evidence they don't learn).

Given his close relationship with Eddie McGuire, is Cos Cardone the board member spoiling attempts to wear the prison bars?

As far as we know, yes.

Unpopular opinion alert.

This bring back the bars stuff has gone too far, there's so much unrest in this thread seemingly related to that. It's creating unnecessary unrest. Move on people. We should be allowed to wear them on special occasions without any restriction, but it won't and it shouldn't ever be our number 1 AFL Guernsey. Not only did we accept moving on from the magpies for the right to play in the AFL, a trade I'd do again every single time, but we have to acknowledge we weren't the first magpies, and we don't need to just be seen as the 2nd AFL magpies, the smaller purely SA magpies. We're the Power, we wear the BiB, move on.

Uninformed opinion alert.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Regardless of whether the Bring Back The Bars movement succeeds or fails the next movement needs to be a movement to regain control of our club.

We need to form an alternative board to challenge. They need to be loud about the direction that the club should be taking creating a strong juxtaposition with the current board and attracting strong support from the fans.

We then need to petition the AFL relentlessly to get the control of the board back in the control of the members and our own board elected.

Yes it is unlikely, yes it might be pie in the sky but it is worth the shot.

There have been many opposition parties and alternative leadership's that have challenged dictators for years and often at great loss but eventually succeeded.

We aren't required to risk our lives just give a little of our time effort and energy to reclaim what is ours.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

the club probably isn't taking it seriously because it just randomly came up again at the end of last season. everyone was pretty happy with BiB then all of a sudden the anger of not being Port Adelaide was entirely focused on the jumper. it blindsided them. it'll take them 5 years to gear up for a jumper campaign, they thought we were all happy and forgot about those issues.

Elite Finger Twirler

Elite Finger Twirler Medal winner 2019
May 30, 2018
Witness history folks
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Women's sports, The PIG
If you still intend to purchase membership next year while the club leadership continues to take a gigantic dump on the traditions and values of this club and your legitimate concerns, or you are happy with Port's onfield results of the last 5 years, then yes you are a mug in my opinion and exactly the type of fool the current administration relies on to keep them in their cushy positions.

The writing was on the wall in 2016.

Back