Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I actually liked the magnets he swapped around, getting some variety at the centre bounces, Hibberd given a lockdown role, TMAC down back, small, nippy forwardline

It's just we're so bad none of it really changed anything

How we got this bad is another question altogether, although Crazy Goody reckons that there were some steps forward...

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
To be fair 99% of players/coaches just come out with the same old cliches every week. And if you come out and say anything outside the “four walls” you are lauded and then scrutinised by the media.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Not sure where this belongs

1556154222151.png

josewales

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
talk is that you lack run out of defence, a bachar houli type player who can break the lines
-just wondering if Jeff Garlett has ever been tried in this role. While your spinning the magnets why not give this a try as he seems pretty ineffectual as a forward.
Worked wonders for Leon Davis years ago - made all Australian in this position after failing to handle the pressure associated in the goal kicking role..
Its these highly skilled,evasive speedsters which can really thrive in this position.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whos ******* idea is it to give the players 4 day of leave like are you ******* kidding me?? Get those campaigners in to learn a ******* game plan and keep watching us just dump it til they ******* realise how stupid they are playing

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whos ******* idea is it to give the players 4 day of leave like are you ******* kidding me?? Get those campaigners in to learn a ******* game plan and keep watching us just dump it til they ******* realise how stupid they are playing

Nah, probably a good idea to keep them away from the coaches for four days. Must be a reason why players come in to the club and typically start well before we properly Melbourne them one or two seasons in.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah, probably a good idea to keep them away from the coaches for four days. Must be a reason why players come in to the club and typically start well before we properly Melbourne them one or two seasons in.
Bahaha how many players have actually gotten better since being traded to us or drafted. Be next to ******* zero

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
talk is that you lack run out of defence, a bachar houli type player who can break the lines
-just wondering if Jeff Garlett has ever been tried in this role. While your spinning the magnets why not give this a try as he seems pretty ineffectual as a forward.
Worked wonders for Leon Davis years ago - made all Australian in this position after failing to handle the pressure associated in the goal kicking role..
Its these highly skilled,evasive speedsters which can really thrive in this position.

Aside from both being indigenous and small forwards that is where the similarities end. The main reason Garlett has been out of favour is a complete lack of physical presence on the ground and can’t compete in the air. Despite Davis’ hit and miss as a forward he was still a tough little player and was strong in the contest.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

I think it's time for a crisis meeting in Portsea!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
You can’t deny that underneath it all it’d be a very stressful job. I mean public scrutiny, under performing, probably working huge hours and not balancing out work and rest might be contributing.
Maybe he got the flu jab in the morning. The one this year sucks - I got randomly dizzy following it and my arm ached for 2 days. Felt more like one of those Typhoid shots.

Maybe he got the flu jab in the morning. The one this year sucks - I got randomly dizzy following it and my arm ached for 2 days. Felt more like one of those Typhoid shots.

Had mine this morning and my arm is absolutely on fire

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Got the flu shot last week, no pain and no inflammation

Also was wearing a proper footy jumper with no sleeves

Petrucelle wouldn't have been caught by frost if he had a long sleever on :p