Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Got the flu shot last week, no pain and no inflammation

Also was wearing a proper footy jumper with no sleeves
Good work tough guy.

On another topic - I may hold you responsible for our currently ill senior coach. Pretty damn certain his dizzy spell was brought on by reading his crazy goody ratings

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
Goody was one of my favourite players in his hey-day. Whatever the official reason from the club, he looked like he was having a straight up anxiety attack during that presser and was barely there. I really hope he is OK.

Someone said to me today "Goody got dizzy from falling down the ladder"
You get dizzy from high altitude though. Honestly its a perfect setup for a snow joke.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The only issue I have is him acting like a child. "I've been here longer than you" etc...

Not sure why he can't just suck it up that his (and others) comments regards goody were stupid and extremely shortsighted, and then just move on?

He can't do that, he needs to deflect, and try putting the spotlight on someone else to cover his stupidity.

Just admit that it was a stupid comment, and then move one., That's what I'm saying.

I stopped posting because of people posting this type of garbage. We all pissed and moaned for years because of how the club was being run, then Schmuck and co. decide to start calling for goodwins head even though we've improved 10fold!

You just can't make this sh*t up. You say he's a good demons man, Perhaps he should back the club rather than questioning the coach that has given us our first finals birth in 12yrs.

:nomouth:

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The Journey needs to be updated to his new catch phrase Learnings.
We're certainly 'learning' we neglected our forwardline once Hogan left. We're certainly 'learning' we forgot to draft, trade, recruit mids who can hit targets. We are definitely 'learning' that our selection panel seem to spin a wheel when picking a side each week. And we are absolutely 'learning' how to keep a player on the bench for too long when he is clearly our best on the day. Roos is such a distant memory now, it's like his time with us was a dream.

We're certainly 'learning' we neglected our forwardline once Hogan left. We're certainly 'learning' we forgot to draft, trade, recruit mids who can hit targets. We are definitely 'learning' that our selection panel seem to spin a wheel when picking a side each week. And we are absolutely 'learning' how to keep a player on the bench for too long when he is clearly our best on the day. Roos is such a distant memory now, it's like his time with us was a dream.

We could make a motion picture starring Keanu Reeves , Simon and Perty's excellent journey of learnings.

Not much good comes out of Tullamarine but Herb on YouTube is one of them. Some cracking videos that illustrate the frustration of a footy fan perfectly....

Anyway, watch this and tell me Goody hasn't clearly been watching how Woosha goes about things in crisis time...

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Goody needs to start smoking weed. Dude is ******* way too intense. Looks like he’s one bad moment away from a total nervous breakdown.
I’d also appreciate it if he asked the players to start playing like campaigners again. Please.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
No surprise we played our best footy against the Hawks when there was a bit of niggle in the game and the players were clearly playing for each other.

Play a bunch of strong inside players but don't even attempt to bully the other team physically is just stupid. AVB will fly the flag which he always does.

May hasn't even looked close to getting rubbed out this year, which is an indictment.

We're missing Bernie Vince trying to line someone up each week.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
No surprise we played our best footy against the Hawks when there was a bit of niggle in the game and the players were clearly playing for each other.

Play a bunch of strong inside players but don't even attempt to bully the other team physically is just stupid. AVB will fly the flag which he always does.

May hasn't even looked close to getting rubbed out this year, which is an indictment.

We're missing Bernie Vince trying to line someone up each week.
And Pedo.

Back