Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll assume you mean spargo in the middle ,not the ruck .

Id enjoy it. Would be interested in doing so just to see if our clearance numbers became better.

Tell me the last time we were more efficient than anyone in a win or a loss ? Simon acts like this is something that rarely happens, inefficiency is our DNA.

re: losing clearances 41-49 despite Gawn's dominance

"We won a fair share of clearances where we like to tho"

also

"bulldogs kicked 6 goals from clearances in their f50, that's an anomaly "

you can't make up this s**t :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
re: losing clearances 41-49 despite Gawn's dominance

"We won a fair share of clearances where we like to tho"

also

"bulldogs kicked 6 goals from clearances in their f50, that's an anomaly "

you can't make this sh*t :tearsofjoy:
Everyone in Australia knew what the dogs intentions were and yet here we are, its hard to comprehend at times

Everyone in Australia knew what the dogs intentions were and yet here we are, its hard to comprehend at times

Saying we won clearances where we like to while also saying the bulldogs kicking 6 from their f50 is a fluke should be sackable.

Those 6 don't count according to Simon. Midfield was fine.

headupass.jpg

Saying we won clearances where we like to while also saying the bulldogs kicking 6 from their f50 is a fluke should be sackable.

Those 6 don't count according to Simon. Midfield was fine.

View attachment 1186667
I said a few weeks ago I feared Goodwin might channel his inner Simon Goodwin and I’ve seen nothing to suggest that isn’t happening, it took everything I’ve got not to spew down the front of myself while listening to that tripe

Not enough eggs in the world for the backfires in this thread... just wait until we go b2b!

Why would we exhibit plan B a few weeks from finals? We’ve done the hard work already. Finals locked in.

Stress less friends. My boy Simon still has a few aces up that Royal Blue sleeve. Bookmark it.

Not enough eggs in the world for the backfires in this thread... just wait until we go b2b!

Why would we exhibit plan B a few weeks from finals? We’ve done the hard work already. Finals locked in.

Stress less friends. My boy Simon still has a few aces up that Royal Blue sleeve. Bookmark it.

Not stressing all, Simon being Simon amuses me greatly, good to have crazy Goody back, if we are going to go down in flames id prefer it to be with Goody talking utter nonsense. Its a can't lose scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really care what Simon says in pressers, as frustrating as it can be for us fans to see him talking nonsense there's no real reason to publicly discuss the team's failings.

God I hope he says totally different things to the playing group though.
I tend to agree coaches tend to only mention positives unless it's glaringly obvious at press conferences but yeah would imagine would be pretty ropeable with some of the efforts with the players no doubt behind closed doors. Though Ross Lyon referred to his players as putting on their butchers coats in a presser.

I don't really care what Simon says in pressers, as frustrating as it can be for us fans to see him talking nonsense there's no real reason to publicly discuss the team's failings.

God I hope he says totally different things to the playing group though.
Would be pretty funny if he was a bit more honest though wouldn't it.

"We're *in' cooked aren't we? I can see it. The players can see it. The supporters- and they've been so good for so long- they can see it too (most of them anyway). Even my mum can see it. My barista, my pharmacist, they know we're s**t too, I don't have to tell them. They don't need the learnings. Even the drunk guy at the bus stop whose never seen a football match in his life knows we're shitting bricks out there. We can't score to save our lives. We're saying we're working hard on it but there's not much we can really do, is there? Even the worst players in our team are professional athletes who will end up being millionaires by the time they're 30, as far as kicking a football in a straight line goes, they can do it. They've spent thousands of hours doing it. They can do it all day and all night except for two hours every weekend when they completely bottle it because they're absolute ******* blouses. And there's no easy way out being a ******* blouse. We've ordered as much concrete as we can afford and we've put it in their protein shakes and forced them to drink it by the gallon but they're still the softest campaigners in the entire AFL. And that's all I can say to our supporters- we know we're s**t too, and it's more than likely going to be an horrendously painful end to the year, but keep tuning in, because in these uncertain times it's not impossible an entire midfield will end up at the wrong cafe and miss the grand final due to enforced isolation. And a premiership is still a premiership no matter how ill-deserved it is. Keep the dream alive brothers and sisters... yeow!"

Would be pretty funny if he was a bit more honest though wouldn't it.

"We're fu**in' cooked aren't we? I can see it. The players can see it. The supporters- and they've been so good for so long- they can see it too (most of them anyway). Even my mum can see it. My barista, my pharmacist, they know we're sh*t too, I don't have to tell them. They don't need the learnings. Even the drunk guy at the bus stop whose never seen a football match in his life knows we're shitting bricks out there. We can't score to save our lives. We're saying we're working hard on it but there's not much we can really do, is there? Even the worst players in our team are professional athletes who will end up being millionaires by the time they're 30, as far as kicking a football in a straight line goes, they can do it. They've spent thousands of hours doing it. They can do it all day and all night except for two hours every weekend when they completely bottle it because they're absolute ******* blouses. And there's no easy way out being a ******* blouse. We've ordered as much concrete as we can afford and we've put it in their protein shakes and forced them to drink it by the gallon but they're still the softest campaigners in the entire AFL. And that's all I can say to our supporters- we know we're sh*t too, and it's more than likely going to be an horrendously painful end to the year, but keep tuning in, because in these uncertain times it's not impossible an entire midfield will end up at the wrong cafe and miss the grand final due to enforced isolation. And a premiership is still a premiership no matter how ill-deserved it is. Keep the dream alive brothers and sisters... yeow!"

"We had a good run but there's only so much you can do with a bunch of campaigners so dumb they let the Brownlow medal favourite repeatedly sit on his own at the back of a stoppage in their forward line"

"Method, DNA, method, working incredibly hard, method"... im going to miss the guy when hes gone..

Good to hear him acknowledge where we are taking our shots from is an issue

Things need changing up. Can’t rely on a miraculous form turnaround this deep into the season.

A few things I’d like to see:

- Petracca spending at least 50% time forward. Stoppage numbers and Trac’s kicking efficiency indicate we don’t have much to lose using Jordon and Sparrow around stoppages more and getting Trac where he can be dangerous.

- Jackson more time in the ruck. He’s not getting involved enough trying to stay out of Brown and Tmac’s way and his best weapon is his handballing in tight around stoppages. Plus I’d play Spargo in the ruck right now just to not have to see anymore of Gawn’s centimetre perfect backwards taps straight to the opposition mids.

- Directive to our backs and mids (the ones who are good kicks) to go for attacking options through the middle of the ground. All of our best pieces of play are when we hit targets in the corridor, and I actually can’t remember too many bad turnovers this year when we go for them. Salem, May, Rivers, Hibbo all really good kicks whose skills are wasted bombing it on top of Gawn’s head.

- Need a boost of enthusiasm and intensity. Let’s have a look at Bowey ASAP. Also think ANB is neither here nor there despite his best efforts, our forward mix needs someone a bit more dynamic and better at applying forward pressure. Don’t exactly know who that is, maybe Lockhart gets first go. we don’t lose anything by trying it.
Can someone "in the know" please print this, attach it to a brick, and throw it through Goodys window.

Such well reasoned and thought out arguments like this need to presented to Goody.

Can someone "in the know" please print this, attach it to a brick, and throw it through Goodys window.

Simon would work incredibly hard to track you down if you did, it will be a ruthless manhunt, he'll put the brick in for DNA analysis, travel an incredible journey if required and once he finds you he'll teach a few lessons on a better method to get your messages across to him.

Simon would work incredibly hard to track you down if you did, it will be a ruthless manhunt, he'll put the brick in for DNA analysis, travel an incredible journey if required and once he finds you he'll teach a few lessons on a better method to get your messages across to him.
Love it. You forgot to mention the connection we would make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back