Coach The Coaching File

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Matt Spangher and it's starting to sound like Stewart Edge is getting promoted from VFL head coach to assistant under Bevo, although can't 100% confirm that one myself.

Not overly inspiring. Spanger not even involved in that area currently.

I’m forever the optimist, but it’s a little concerning we haven’t brought in similar to what’s been lost ie experienced assistants.

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Marc Webb has a pretty solid resume, been involved with some successful WAFL clubs over here for a long time and spent a few years with Fremantle as a development and midfield coach. Seems like a decent enough get at this stage of the off-season.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Bevo: "Get me a spanner, and did I mention I'm a fan of Mark Webber."

Club: "Bevo, we got you Spangher and Marc Webb."

1637292475138.png

"DAFUQ?!"

Generation West

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah Webb sounds like a well credentialed guy. Happy with that. Not so sure on Spangher, but a journeyman footballer at successful clubs and has studied management and spent some time working in London, so seems to have the right profile.

Fresh ideas, new voices, but it will be done how Bevo wants it done.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Put those three haircuts together and you've got a pub band belting out grunge classics from the 1990s. I wonder if they'll skateboard to work together.

Put the 3 first names together and you've 3/4 of the alleged authors that a religion has been bullsh1tting people with for centuries. But if they can deliver another holy grail, maybe Bont really is the second coming! :D

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Day 2 at whitton:

Bevo: any fresh ideas yet boys?

Spangler: yeah, get a ruck haha

Bevo: you cheeky bugger spangler

Day 3 at Whitton

Bevy: alright webby, any fresh ideas mate?

Weber: What if consciousness is primary in the universe, not matter? Would that mean that we are living in a simulation?

Bevy: That's not an original idea mate. Bob and me used to ponder that all the time. *in miss Bob. He would have been a bloody good assistant. Better than you two bloody numbnuts. ******* Freo.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Day 4 at Whitton bootcamp

Bevo: righto boys let's smoke a bowl and see if we can come up with some fresh ideas

**2 hours later**

Bevo: alright boys give me something

Spangler: s**t man I'm too high i lost my train of thought. Something about English on a wing

Weber: bebo man you smoke too much. we can't keep up with you. im chuckin a whitey

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
VUWO coaching conference: Day 9

Bevo: okay boys I seriously need to hear some fresh ideas or you're both gonna be let go

Spanger: Okay Bevvy, hear me out. What if we try a new style?

Bevo: Sure, I'll give it a try

20211202_211732.jpg

Spanger: ...Sorry Bev, I meant a new playing style. Y'know how we are a handball and contested ball focused side? What if we try a new style like kicking or something.

Bevo:

20211202_211745.jpg

Weber: Oh s**t Spanger, you've done it now mate.

Spangler: Bevo please...

20211202_211801.jpg

The End

Back