The Coalition initiated Robodebt on the most vulnerable...

Remove this Banner Ad

Inflation should ease this year, there's a distinct possibility interest rates will start to drop as well which should help things for everyone. Perhaps the elephant in the room for politics this year is the NACC which his been pretty quiet since it was legislated but can't stay that way forever.

I disagree about interest rates. People are wanting them to drop, but they won't with inflation still at the level it is at. It has slowed, but it is still too high.

I expect inflation to return with a vengeance. The issue in the Red Sea at the amount has already caused a noticeable pop in the Shanghai Freight Index.

Something to keep an eye on.

The ALP has failed on immigration clearly as it should be targeted increases in areas we need (updated monthly) with cuts elsewhere to maintain sustainable levels and more training for under employed Australians. However the Libs are just as addicted to being able to claim economic growth (due to population growth) so they can avoid acknowledging our per capita recession. Plus both sides are captured by lobbyists who want more immigration to suppress wages, boost property values etc

This is only one issue causing inflation and the libs have said nothing about others like profiteering.

However ALP is far from doomed, Dutton is all over the place and the problems that plagued the last govt persist or are worse. Add that to lower interest rates etc later this year and you are looking at a minority labour govt (with support from greens and some Independents) as being the best case for the libs.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree 100%. The libs would have done the same thing. And yes they are both captured.

But for the moment, we can vote out the ALP and if the LNP pull the same stunt, them we can vote them out in 3 years.

Both parties will soon get the message.

The ALP has failed on immigration clearly as it should be targeted increases in areas we need (updated monthly) with cuts elsewhere to maintain sustainable levels and more training for under employed Australians. However the Libs are just as addicted to being able to claim economic growth (due to population growth) so they can avoid acknowledging our per capita recession. Plus both sides are captured by lobbyists who want more immigration to suppress wages, boost property values etc

This is only one issue causing inflation and the libs have said nothing about others like profiteering.

However ALP is far from doomed, Dutton is all over the place and the problems that plagued the last govt persist or are worse. Add that to lower interest rates etc later this year and you are looking at a minority labour govt (with support from greens and some Independents) as being the best case for the libs.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If immigration was that bad than why is unemployment so low? Lowest in 30 years October 2022…. Still 3.9% ?

Inflation now collapsing to 4.3%

Labor doing a review on Super markets…

Adults are in charge.

Fantastic, well done Albo

Do you seriously want the last government back? Why?

Yet… cafes are closing because they can’t get staff…. Unemployment is still low.

But let’s blame immigrants and poor people.

The previous government were a disgrace. Still, they didn't manage to crush living standards like the current lot.

If immigration was that bad than why is unemployment dropping?

Inflation now collapsing to 4.3%

Labor doing a review on Super markets…

Adults are in charge.

I don't treat politics like supporting a football team. Excessive immigration is bad because it has resulted in an explosion of homelessness, an explosion of share housing, a crush loading off essential infrastructure and a collapse in living standards and real wages.

This is why the ALP vote is collapsing.

Inflation at 4.3% is still far too high.

I don't treat politics like supporting a football team. Excessive immigration is bad because it has resulted in an explosion of homelessness, an explosion of share housing, a crush loading off essential infrastructure and a collapse in living standards and real wages.

Business are closing because they can’t get staff?
What’s your answer? Close businesses?

Inflation is collapsing … down .6% in 1 month at the end of November … it’s likely it’s already below 4%.
It’s lower now than when the LNP finished its train wreck..,

The Australian 😂
I suppose I could've been clearer.

Too many people are looking at Sky and blaming people for listening to them despite their negligable influence over Aust politics when they should be looking at the Australian and Fairfax papers for controlling the middle class zeitgeist in the east of Australia.

The Australian is still, despite the last ten years, the most influential paper in Australia. What is on page 3 or in its opinion columns will be on the SMH and the Age the next day, and on the ABC 4 hours later.

It has massive sway over the discourse here. The more people are looking (and laughing) at Sky, the more they ignore the real ideological opposition; the one they should be aiming at and defeating.

If they want to win, that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back