The coalition will never win the federal government again.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Your Bob Katter behind the computer are you?

Let's armed every teenager in high school with rifles.

Don't approve of same sex marriage but be worried about those Queensland crocodiles who eat on average one human every 3 months LoL.

Many people are dying from covid. But Katters priority and main concern is shooting those pesky crocs from the swamp. LoL

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Your Bob Katter behind the computer are you?

Let's armed every teenager in high school with rifles.

Don't approve of same sex marriage but be worried about those Queensland crocodiles who eat on average one human every 3 months LoL.

Many people are dying from covid. But Katters priority and main concern is shooting those pesky crocs from the swamp. LoL
Katters 'Thousand blossoms bloom' presser is one of the greatest things ever televised.

Sums up Bob really.
Bat s**t crazy but sincere.
He IS genuinely upset that people are being eaten by crocs.

Also a lot of his policies are far far more Left wing than anything the Greens put foward (and some are more RWNJ than anything Trump could come up with).

An enigma wrapped in a riddle topped with a ten gallon hat is Bob.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
People have been making these statements after elections for as long as I can remember. The coalition will get back in after two terms.

The fact they had been in government for ten years with a hopeless PM yet managed to not be wiped out shows they still have the support.

I'd put Dutton to lead for 12 months (stay with me) then dump him and put a female leader in. I think they need someone like Dutton to cop the flack and deal with the fallout for the next 12 months then the party makes a statement by dumping him.

Katters 'Thousand blossoms bloom' presser is one of the greatest things ever televised.

Sums up Bob really.
Bat s**t crazy but sincere.
He IS genuinely upset that people are being eaten by crocs.

Also a lot of his policies are far far more Left wing than anything the Greens put foward (and some are more RWNJ than anything Trump could come up with).

An enigma wrapped in a riddle topped with a ten gallon hat is Bob.

What's he put up that is more left than the greens currently?

William Wonka

May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What's he put up that is more left than the greens currently?
Its summed up well here:

And just a few dot point policies from a quick Google search.

• Essential services such as airports, water, electricity, gas, health services, road, rail and port networks, public transport and communications should be provided by government.

• Establish a government-owned development bank.

• It is the duty of government to ensure bank lending creates real wealth in terms of improvements of the quality of life for the average Australian.

• Legislate to limit Woolworths and Coles duopoly to 22.5 per cent market share each.

• Halt any privatisation and renationalise privatised assets

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not saying they'll back away... I'm saying they'll assume the problem has been solved and they'll move onto worrying about other things. Climate scientists have been warning us about impending doom for years. The fact that it seemed like less of an issue 9 years ago just shows what a bubble some of these people live in. They WANTED to believe it wasn't really an issue and deluded themselves into thinking that voting for Tony Abbott would be ok. Now they are slowly starting to realise we are facing a global catastrophe and finally they decide to do something. Even then, there are still comfortably ~45% in some of these electorates that were still happy to vote for the status quo. IMHO, the moment we start to develop more robust carbon policies, they'll assume everything is fixed and go back to their lives and go back to voting for the Liberals.

Scott Morrison had no issue trying to sell the lie that he supported electric vehicles, despite being confronted with direct evidence from the 2019 campaign. Why would he be so brazen? Because he knows that it works. It's so easy to lie to an electorate when they want to believe you.

I'm happy to bookmark it now. IMHO, 2025 will be a close election. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will.
I largely agree with you and think the 'this party is destroyed for a generation' is always way over the top. Having said that, I think even if on policies the teals are not that relevant, if they're good as local members they should get a decent enough boost just from that to make them hard to displace (or at least, displace en masse rather than some losing their seats)

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
I had always just assumed the Katter's had held the seat of Kennedy for the last half century straight but TIL Labor held the seat for one term in the early 90's between the current Katter and his old man.

Also, how the * did someone born, raised and privately educated in the Inner East of Melbourne representing the Labor party win a seat in Far North Queensland. Even pre-internet I would have thought that would be complete poison when contesting that seat.

William Wonka

May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I had always just assumed the Katter's had held the seat of Kennedy for the last half century straight but TIL Labor held the seat for one term in the early 90's between the current Katter and his old man.

Also, how the duck did someone born, raised and privately educated in the Inner East of Melbourne representing the Labor party win a seat in Far North Queensland. Even pre-internet I would have thought that would be complete poison when contesting that seat.
It seems Kennedy was staunch Labor pre Katter snr and reverted when he retired.

Im not familar with the area but its not far from where the Labour party was born from the shearers strike.

BlueBayou

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Jane Hume on the radio.

Just a stunning lack self awareness.
“Liberal values are very much Australia’s values, and I don’t think that Australia understands that anymore.”

So apparently it not the Libs fault they lost, it is all those pesky voters who don't understand what their own values are.

where do they get dills like this?

BlueBayou

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
People have been making these statements after elections for as long as I can remember. The coalition will get back in after two terms.

The fact they had been in government for ten years with a hopeless PM yet managed to not be wiped out shows they still have the support.

I'd put Dutton to lead for 12 months (stay with me) then dump him and put a female leader in. I think they need someone like Dutton to cop the flack and deal with the fallout for the next 12 months then the party makes a statement by dumping him.
Dutton doesn't strike me as the 'take one for the team' Martyr type.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Jane Hume on the radio.

Just a stunning lack self awareness.

We just don’t understand that our values are LNP values?

I see…

We just don’t understand that our values are LNP values?

I see…
Downer getting her panties in a knot now too.
“I don’t always think the voters are right and in Kooyong I think they were profoundly wrong in voting out Josh Frydenberg.
“I think it is a huge national mistake.”
These f***ing people.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty accurate from Keating I think - which is pretty rare in cross-party criticism - the Liberals got all caught up in ideological wars and paid the price.

There's no reason whatsoever to attack super, but they do so because they're *head zealots - which is on broad display in the IPA.

“Scott Morrison let the cultural warriors put the busting of super at the centrepiece of his party’s policy launch in Brisbane last Sunday week and now every one of the cultural warriors who had their name on the maker’s label have lost their seat,”

“The treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, who condoned it, Tim Wilson in Goldstein, who proselytised for it, Jason Falinski in Mackellar, Trent Zimmerman in North Sydney, Dave Sharma in Wentworth, all who barracked for it, are now gone. What is the moral in this? Policy vendettas, borne of indulgent cultural spitefulness, unrelated to any nominal or real community concern, are a recipe for political marginalisation.

“Wilson, Falinski, Zimmerman, Sharma and Andrew Bragg, hiding in the Senate, would have been more approved of keeping Scott Morrison steered toward a more moderate communal policy course than amusing themselves wheeling the wrecking ball into super.”

“It was not that superannuation was not working or not working as intended,”

“It is, in fact, working like clockwork. The big superannuation funds are chalking up 10 per cent rates of return on average, for each year over a decade, while wages are stuck at zero, and for a decade. In other words, there was no policy reason to justify the Liberal Party’s objection to superannuation – no unrequited community concern – no community objection to it.

“The Liberals decided for purely indulgent cultural and spiteful reasons to attack superannuation at its core, by wrecking the principle of preservation – the mechanism of compounding – by encouraging, then permitting, young people to drain their savings away.”

“Superannuation is the first opportunity working Australians have ever had in having their savings professionally managed,”

“Before super, most people had savings in bank accounts earning as little as 1 per cent a year. With savings in superannuation, those people are earning 9-10 per cent a year on average. Their superannuation accumulations double roughly every eight years.

“Most people know and understand this. You would have to have a giant case of policy disregard to attempt to wreck this. The one pathway to genuine economic independence for working Australians, these zealots did their best to destroy.

“Like Medicare, superannuation is universal and now an Australian community standard. So an attack upon it will be perceived by the electorate as damaging to the community’s wider interests.”

Mr Keating said the Morrison government’s assault on universal superannuation echoed the Howard government’s Work Choices and the Abbott government’s undermining of Medicare as they each tore at the social and economic fabric.

“Despite the Keating government abandoning Australia’s century-old, centralised wage-fixing system for a system of enterprise bargaining, John Howard overturned that co-operative model for his ideologically driven Work Choices,”

“And, broadly, that ideological indulgence cost Howard his government, and Howard his own seat in parliament. The Liberals decided to follow Howard’s cultural pathway and tear at the core of the superannuation system – draining the superannuation savings of young people, encouraging them to pour it into housing.”

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
The Liberals would have been well served if Dutton had lost to Ali France on Saturday.

He is as popular as the coronavirus. This isn’t going to change. People loathe him. Philosophically and politically he is a fascist and an extremist.

Murdoch‘s s**t rags can barrack for him as hard as they like in the next few years - it won’t be any more than what they’ve just done with Morrison and for Abbott years ago.

Saturday night should have been a wake up call for the Liberals to move to the centre.

Instead they’re going with Peter ****ing Dutton.

You just gotta laugh.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
That's what the optics requires at present. A strong, economically conservative but moderately socially, woman.

iu

BlueBayou

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty accurate from Keating I think - which is pretty rare in cross-party criticism - the Liberals got all caught up in ideological wars and paid the price.

There's no reason whatsoever to attack super, but they do so because they're duckhead zealots - which is on broad display in the IPA.

“Scott Morrison let the cultural warriors put the busting of super at the centrepiece of his party’s policy launch in Brisbane last Sunday week and now every one of the cultural warriors who had their name on the maker’s label have lost their seat,”

“The treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, who condoned it, Tim Wilson in Goldstein, who proselytised for it, Jason Falinski in Mackellar, Trent Zimmerman in North Sydney, Dave Sharma in Wentworth, all who barracked for it, are now gone. What is the moral in this? Policy vendettas, borne of indulgent cultural spitefulness, unrelated to any nominal or real community concern, are a recipe for political marginalisation.

“Wilson, Falinski, Zimmerman, Sharma and Andrew Bragg, hiding in the Senate, would have been more approved of keeping Scott Morrison steered toward a more moderate communal policy course than amusing themselves wheeling the wrecking ball into super.”

“It was not that superannuation was not working or not working as intended,”

“It is, in fact, working like clockwork. The big superannuation funds are chalking up 10 per cent rates of return on average, for each year over a decade, while wages are stuck at zero, and for a decade. In other words, there was no policy reason to justify the Liberal Party’s objection to superannuation – no unrequited community concern – no community objection to it.

“The Liberals decided for purely indulgent cultural and spiteful reasons to attack superannuation at its core, by wrecking the principle of preservation – the mechanism of compounding – by encouraging, then permitting, young people to drain their savings away.”

“Superannuation is the first opportunity working Australians have ever had in having their savings professionally managed,”

“Before super, most people had savings in bank accounts earning as little as 1 per cent a year. With savings in superannuation, those people are earning 9-10 per cent a year on average. Their superannuation accumulations double roughly every eight years.

“Most people know and understand this. You would have to have a giant case of policy disregard to attempt to wreck this. The one pathway to genuine economic independence for working Australians, these zealots did their best to destroy.

“Like Medicare, superannuation is universal and now an Australian community standard. So an attack upon it will be perceived by the electorate as damaging to the community’s wider interests.”

Mr Keating said the Morrison government’s assault on universal superannuation echoed the Howard government’s Work Choices and the Abbott government’s undermining of Medicare as they each tore at the social and economic fabric.

“Despite the Keating government abandoning Australia’s century-old, centralised wage-fixing system for a system of enterprise bargaining, John Howard overturned that co-operative model for his ideologically driven Work Choices,”

“And, broadly, that ideological indulgence cost Howard his government, and Howard his own seat in parliament. The Liberals decided to follow Howard’s cultural pathway and tear at the core of the superannuation system – draining the superannuation savings of young people, encouraging them to pour it into housing.”
There will never be another PJK, sadly.

BlueBayou

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Downer getting her panties in a knot now too.

These f***ing people.
Can't wait for Downer to appear before Ficac and explain why he was bugging the Timor Leste negotiations

I wonder if he will wear fishnets for the occasion?

Back