The coalition will never win the federal government again.

Remove this Banner Ad

They have become so addicted to the wedge, they have become extremely lazy in governing

Ask ourselves when this economic crisis was building, what was scomos priority? Religious discrimination ring a bell?

When you take the view they are not the best economic managers, the best whatever…just extremely lazy…it all makes sense

But it is not anything new. They've been doing it since day dot.
GoOd EcOnOmIc MaNaGeRs is one of the many guises it takes, but it is always the same thing.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
But it is not anything new. They've been doing it since day dot.
GoOd EcOnOmIc MaNaGeRs is one of the many guises it takes, but it is always the same thing.

Yep the alp need to whack a mole each time they crawl out from under a rock. The sleepwalked into this economic crisis they are disgusting

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
People have been syaing this for years....and yet once they have finished uni and have a mortgage, kids and a business to run....the net drift is conservative. Always has....always will be.
I’m guessing you don’t know many 60 year olds. All my friends and I get more left wing as we age.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
When you take the view they are not the best economic managers, the best whatever…just extremely lazy…it all makes sense
When you take the view that they were acting entirely on the instructions of their owners, only then does any of their baffling record make sense.

They were never for one minute governing for the good of the country.

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
I’m guessing you don’t know many 60 year olds. All my friends and I get more left wing as we age.
The only folks who I know that get more conservative with age are let's say... Not that smart to begin with.
Thinking that giving billionaire Gerry Harvey millions in public funds or nodding in agreement with Chris Kenny on whatever boomer topic he's promoting isn't the social media 'gotcha' they think it is.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
The only folks who I know that get more conservative with age are let's say... Not that smart to begin with.
Thinking that giving billionaire Gerry Harvey millions in public funds or nodding in agreement with Chris Kenny on whatever boomer topic he's promoting isn't the social media 'gotcha' they think it is.
One of those social researchers, Rebecca Huntley I think, was talking about this the other day.

Poster was right that more people still get conservative than progressive as they age, but there is an emerging cohort of older folk getting more leftist, and they're very energised; willing to put their considerable wealth and free time into the cause. They are clearly not to be ignored.

We first saw the trend in the 2019, where some of the biggest swings to Labor were in seats where voters were most likely to be financially disadvantaged by Shorten's proposed changes to franking credits. Confounds all the lazy stereotypes about self-interest.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,

Lol. You and you friends are a very small sample and do not accurately represent the whole of over 60s in Australia.
You can’t make assertions based on what political direction a person and his friends drift over the years, even less one off an online forum that does not represent the wider community of Australia.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,

We have to be better than ‘conservatives are dumb’. That’s so unbelievably lazy, and honestly exactly the sort of complacent s**t that will result in Labor winding up back in oppo.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Lol. You and you friends are a very small sample and do not accurately represent the whole of over 60s in Australia.
You can’t make assertions based on what political direction a person and his friends drift over the years, even less one off an online forum that does not represent the wider community of Australia.
See my post above this one of yours.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
A reminder of just how nasty and vindictive Morrison and Dutton and their LNP Government were.

Just days before calling the federal election, the Morrison government sought to close any final appeal avenues for the Nadesalingam family – who have since returned to their adopted town of Biloela – in a move that could have seen them deported to Sri Lanka during the campaign. “We did receive correspondence that indicated the minister was considering bringing the bar down, so no further bridging visas could be lodged,” said lawyer Carina Ford.

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 8.11.23 am.png

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

Works the same for the other argument too. Many do not get more conservative. Personally I don’t think I changed much in left ness, bu the other side irritate me more and more as I age.

However I must say I've noted that ageism seems to have completely disappeared from corporate discussions about diversity.
It seems if your an oldie, your job is seen as something to give to a 'diversity' candidate regardless of skill or experience (which is in short supply right now)
It kind of influences the thinking, although you know the right wing just want you out cos the replacements cheaper, so voting? I dont know.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
A reminder of just how nasty and vindictive Morrison and Dutton and their LNP Government were.

Just days before calling the federal election, the Morrison government sought to close any final appeal avenues for the Nadesalingam family – who have since returned to their adopted town of Biloela – in a move that could have seen them deported to Sri Lanka during the campaign. “We did receive correspondence that indicated the minister was considering bringing the bar down, so no further bridging visas could be lodged,” said lawyer Carina Ford.

View attachment 1432042

All this time a severe economic crisis was building. Staggering ineptness

We have to be better than ‘conservatives are dumb’. That’s so unbelievably lazy, and honestly exactly the sort of complacent s**t that will result in Labor winding up back in oppo.

Of course not all conservatives are dumb, but I do find it interesting that most of the dumb people I know vote for conservative parties lol

Do people in here genuinely believe that the LNP will not return to power at some stage in the future?
Not in the same form as the abysmal mob of self promoting, trogs that Dutton leads right now.
Inevitably they will have to reinvent themselves or fade into the history.
They will have to find new masters.
Coal, the Church and Murdoch are all in decline.
Coal is doomed.
Christianity is being monetised by grifters and perverts, situation normal, but no the historical ones. Hillsong etal.
Murdoch for all his money is a finite human and the bell tolls for him.
The "quiet Australians" of Howard and Abbott will all be dead.
The real killer however will be the internet.

Nothing ever goes away on the internet.
Their record will be reposted, rehashed, repeated forever.
They have been shown to be on the wrong side of history already, only a month plus after their most current demise.

They have no option to become something else.
No way they can start representing the people so their only option is to find new masters.

Nah. They are on par with used car salesmen, and real estate agents. Full of s**t. At least real estate agents are bound by codes of conduct and can be sued for lying.
Not sure what you are smoking, but real estate agents are weak humans.
Failures who have been "offered' a way to make money.

Not in the same form as the abysmal mob of self promoting, trogs that Dutton leads right now.
Coal is doomed.
Christianity is being monetised by grifters and perverts, situation normal, but no the historical ones. Hillsong etal.

They have been shown to be on the wrong side of history already, only a month plus after their most current demise.

No way they can start representing the people so their only option is to find new masters.
The right wing of the Libs are over the moon with the election result, soon they'll be full of people who still think climate change is a left wing issue. I struggle to see where the impetus for change federally is going to come from.

The right wing of the Libs are over the moon with the election result, soon they'll be full of people who still think climate change is a left wing issue. I struggle to see where the impetus for change federally is going to come from.
Personally I hope they disappear from the planet, however I don't think they will, They will rise form the ashes, but reinvented, eventually.

The Libs are doomed to history if they don't fully embrace renewable energy and they can't do that with most of there current shadow cabinet in the party.
Duttons in the bunker and the lackies are preparing the cyanide tablets for the rest of the party faithful...that's where this current coalition are.
No matter how Radio Berlin (Fox news) are spinning it.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Personally I hope they disappear from the planet, however I don't think they will, They will rise form the ashes, but reinvented, eventually.

The Libs are doomed to history if they don't fully embrace renewable energy and they can't do that with most of there current shadow cabinet in the party.
Duttons in the bunker and the lackies are preparing the cyanide tablets for the rest of the party faithful...that's where this current coalition are.
No matter how Radio Berlin (Fox news) are spinning it.

Even if proven right, the will be too dead to do ‘I told you so’ the world will have moved on and the renewable industry will be the one sponsoring pollies to defend their market share

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Stats suggest there's a lean towards conservative views with age.

1656157281936.jpeg

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

View attachment 1432707

Better hope so cos otherwise the future is a choice between labor and the greens, with the religious lobbyists trying to infiltrate labor

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Coal is doomed.

With some saying the overturning of Roe Vs Wade is just the start of a move to a US Christian theocracy (next in their sights, gay rights) expect the Christian right in Aus to be considerably energised.

We are not the religious nuthouse that the US is, but that doesn’t stop Christian right wingers infiltrating our politics and doing everything they can to make us more like America. They will be redoubling their efforts after Friday.

View attachment 1432707
But that is not the argument we are making. Older people ARE currently more conservative in their voting. We are suggesting they are not being replaced at the same rate as the demographic ages.

And the Greens too will start encroaching into the Labor vote in the younger brackets over time.

Schneebly11

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
With some saying the overturning of Roe Vs Wade is just the start of a move to a US Christian theocracy (next in their sights, gay rights) expect the Christian right in Aus to be considerably energised.

We are not the religious nuthouse that the US is, but that doesn’t stop Christian right wingers infiltrating our politics and doing everything they can to make us more like America. They will be redoubling their efforts after Friday.

Yeah don’t forget this.

Once upon a time the Republicans were the party of liberalist northerners, the hyper religious types were southern democrats.

Then the religious takeover of the GOP occurred. Now they are for all intents and purposes a religious party, and the former north Liberals are now democrats.

Although the numbers are higher it’s still only a minority of Americans who attend church services. But that hasn’t stopped them from becoming a theocracy.

The Australian Liberals were once “liberal”. But the takeover of the Liberals by the religious right is well underway. Look at WA and how “the Clan” led by theocratic wannabe Nick Goiran has embedded itself as the state’s leadership. As electoral politics tells us the electorate will slowly swing back to the Liberals, one now run by a theocrat.

The takeover of the federal LNP by the religious right will now be easier as the last moderates have been expunged.

Back