The utensil up that is the east coast energy market

Remove this Banner Ad

Technically that is not true - the AUKUS subs will never exist in real life.
Yep.

Pre-election vapourware that has actually left the Australian coast line far more exposed than before the announcement.

And don't get me started on the BS nothingness that is 'The Quad'.

We live in schroedigers oil and gas world

There is so much oil and gas lying around every where that if we dont let o and g do as they please they will go elsewhere - yet if we dont immediately start letting them do whatever they want we will run out possibly by tomorrow afternoon.

I wonder, if they * off, should we just create our own companies and use all profits for ourselves?

State owned oil companies?! It's so crazy it just might work!

Norway use all the money from Oil Sales to build Hydro Power.
They get to point their fingers at the polluters while profiting from them.

( Note: We can't copy this strategy, we don't have Norway ).

I wonder, if they * off, should we just create our own companies and use all profits for ourselves?

Oil, gas, coal and iron are all possible SOE ventures as the operation risk is low. They are essentially not mining companies but infrastructure and logistic businesses.

Where it gets tricky though is governments can't restructure to cope with changing economic times, as well as civilian organisations. This is both on the upside and down side.

Personally I would prefer a 50+% risk free return on our resources, rather than 100% high risk return and tying up govt capital which should go towards services, state housing and other ventures that private enterprise won't/ can't do.

I would also suggest we missed the boat unless you are advocating the Australian govt set up an exploration company to open up new O&G frontiers in places like Antarctica? Otherwise buying assets from existing O&G players in existing fields would be way too expensive.

you are a predictable clown who continues to act like a clown. I base this assertion on the following:

- I post the reference to government and the regulator and you infer "they are lying" by making a claim I am lying by referencing their data. When in reality you have not acted in good faith

- In recent times you make an offensive claim that indigenous people murder their children or expose them to multiple and continuous rapes more than others. When asked to provide support for your offensive claim............you do not act in good faith but rather weasel

-Then you demand the reference "states this". Fortunately I knew you would be a clown and do this............why because you don't act in good faith. So I screen shotted the reference, so you couldn't come back days later when the live data was no longer available.

View attachment 1452037View attachment 1452038
1658711475927.png

We owned our own companies but they have been sold off to foreign investors who’s profits go over seas along with closing down our own facilities while the greens want an end to all oil and gas projects!

As the examples of Europe and there reliance if Russian gas and renewables is clearly being ignored

Where are you going to find the mud engineers and 4D seismic interpreters when Schlumberger etc pull out?

Oil, gas, coal and iron are all possible SOE ventures as the operation risk is low. They are essentially not mining companies but infrastructure and logistic businesses.

Where it gets tricky though is governments can't restructure to cope with changing economic times, as well as civilian organisations. This is both on the upside and down side.

Personally I would prefer a 50+% risk free return on our resources, rather than 100% high risk return and tying up govt capital which should go towards services, state housing and other ventures that private enterprise won't/ can't do.

I would also suggest we missed the boat unless you are advocating the Australian govt set up an exploration company to open up new O&G frontiers in places like Antarctica? Otherwise buying assets from existing O&G players in existing fields would be way too expensive.
The iron ore is the lowest risk investment any investment could make with enough backing. Dig up, crush, put it in a train and sent it to a steel refinery

I was working at one of the Rio Tinto mines a few years ago with the iron ore price was hovering around the $40 to $60 tonne it produced under 20 million tone of iron ore for the year it still made over 1.1 billion of revenue and operating costs after all expenses was a touch over 400million

Norway have a state owned oil company with a sovereign fun with some 1.3 trillion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think you know how the oil and gas industry works
Why pretend that the commercial mining operations own slaves? Do employees never, ever change companies?

It's a dumb argument.

If existing companies are removed from the equation, they won't automatically take all the talent with them. They don't OWN PEOPLE.

So asking "well where are you gonna get people who can do this job or that job?" is dumb.

If existing companies are removed from the equation, they won't automatically take all the talent with them. They don't OWN PEOPLE.

So asking "well where are you gonna get people who can do this job or that job?" is dumb.
Russia and Venezuela thought this too.

The iron ore is the lowest risk investment any investment could make with enough backing. Dig up, crush, put it in a train and sent it to a steel refinery

I was working at one of the Rio Tinto mines a few years ago with the iron ore price was hovering around the $40 to $60 tonne it produced under 20 million tone of iron ore for the year it still made over 1.1 billion of revenue and operating costs after all expenses was a touch over 400million

Norway have a state owned oil company with a sovereign fun with some 1.3 trillion

and norway's fund is much smaller than our superannuation and Australia's super has a much broader base than one reliant upon O&G revenue

and yes government could run low risk mining operations such as iron but:
1) is it better government collect 50+% interest on a risk free basis or collect 100% and operate on a risk basis and tie up capital that should go towards government services?
2) can governments restructure quickly to adapt to changing economic conditions?
3) can governments innovate?
4) can governments operate effectively with the tail waging the dog, being a large union based employer. History says no.
5) Can governments separate trade with geopolitical issues? Germany, Russia ad Ukraine says blood is on their hands
6) Issues, including those outlined above, can happen to government or private enterprise......but who governs independently, if government is the operator? Should we outsource governance to private enterprise, if government is no longer independent?

How are these foreign companies taking our resources and paying nothing for it?

Companies are the modern equivelant of nobility.
Individuals are the modern equivelant of peasants.

Nobility don't pay taxes.

1) is it better government collect 50+% interest on a risk free basis or collect 100% and operate on a risk basis and tie up capital that should go towards government services?
You're pretending there is a finite pot of money that the government can ever have access to.

Obviously the government could borrow what they needed, and at a rate lower than commercially available.

Of course I don't know how mining companies work down to the finest detail, but let's not pretend government owned mining is impossible or would take from services.

Can governments innovate?

*'s sake. CSIRO ring a bell?

Haven't read the rest - sorry not likely to soon.

How are these foreign companies taking our resources and paying nothing for it?

I wonder why they chose 2020 as the relevant year

_111866166_wti.oil_20042020-nc.png

I wonder if a serious independent enquiry will find Mark as a deceptive individual who was trying to mislead the public?

You're pretending there is a finite pot of money that the government can ever have access to.

Obviously the government could borrow what they needed, and at a rate lower than commercially available.

Of course I don't know how mining companies work down to the finest detail, but let's not pretend government owned mining is impossible or would take from services.

Can governments innovate?

*'s sake. CSIRO ring a bell?

Haven't read the rest - sorry not likely to soon.

I have stated low risk mining, being iron, coal and O&G could be govt owned

but I don't believe it will end up being a better outcome for Australia for many resons as stated. Further given Australians control around 66% of the global resource projects (this stat is around 12 years old now), we would lose a huge export being our expertise.

I wonder why they chose 2020 as the relevant year

_111866166_wti.oil_20042020-nc.png

I wonder if a serious independent enquiry will find Mark as a deceptive individual who was trying to mislead the public?
Lol yes I chuckled when I saw this being shared on social media. “Oh 2020, I wonder what happened to the oil industry in that year”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back