The Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Mount Wellington got 236ml of rain in a little over 24 hours. That’s nuts.

Yeah and as Hobart is at the foot of the mountain it can be a dangerous setup.

Apparently some FTA TV channels are out due to lightning strikes up there.

I went shopping after work last night and in a flat car park the wind was blowing trolleys out of the trolley bays and flying them across the car park. Couldn't believe it.

I live on a hill so didn't get flooded but my driveway effectively turned into a river.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because i'm from Ballarat it was pretty cold here today.
Some places around the Ballarat area had snow.

Rug up and stay warm if you can.
Apparently we had some snow on the nearby "mountains" yesterday, certainly a bit further afield they did. If not for the wind it would still be quite reasonable though - maxed out at about 9, minimum probably around 3. I think we've only hit the negatives once so far this year, very mild.

Got to 32.7 degrees in Perth today. :cool:

giphy.gif

I find summer repetitive here.
As there's not many extremes in terms of heatwaves.

It's just mild and boring.

How hot does it get in Hobart? Summers in in south-east queensland are hot but do vary when we get the storms rolling through.

Hot sucks so much worse. Minus five beats thirty-five any day.

But the cold is soooo drying (most of the time). I love hot and humid conditions.

How hot does it get in Hobart? Summers in in south-east queensland are hot but do vary when we get the storms rolling through.

But the cold is soooo drying (most of the time). I love hot and humid conditions.
each to their own. Hot and humid has me near hospitalised. Drained to the point where I can barely breathe, and certainly don't want to.

each to their own. Hot and humid has me near hospitalised. Drained to the point where I can barely breathe, and certainly don't want to.

Strange that cos I can go for 10km runs in humid conditions and be fine.

Hobart is generally low to mid 20's most of summer with maybe a handful of 30 degree days a year.

Most days an afternoon sea breeze comes through preventing temps from getting to high.

I find humidity tough.
Which is why i don't think I'd cope in QLD lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back