The Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Vancouver has the worst air quality in North America right now. A Provincial state of emergency was just declared as over 600 fires now burn throughout British Columbia. Same thing happened last year. Before that, the last time a state of emergency had to be declared was 2003. Very smokey and hazy around here. It's hurting the eyes.

Last few days have been cracking here in Adelaide. 19-22 degrees hardly a cloud. Light zephyr. Really nice pre spring weather.

Girlfriend is still always cold and rugged up.

I said yeah in 3 months we will be hating the gross heat so enjoy this.

I prefer cooler to hotter

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely it's gotta be one of the most coldest mornings in Melbourne's history, it's bloody freezing.. record low was -2.8 and apparently at the moment it feels like minus 3 in the city..
ae0e72e69e8917faf9a1af7f6ae30bfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

"Feels like" has to be the biggest load of rubbish for gauging temperature. They calling old folks and getting them to guess the temperature or something?
ha, i tend to agree. It's based on wind chill and moisture. By my logic, that means it should feel colder if we walk briskly into the wind, and feel warmer if we walk briskly with it. So, it's fickle. :p
I have this argument often with my cycling friends. I say, "it's not that cold, so why are you wearing so many tops?"
Answer: "it's the wind that gets me really cold."
Then I go: "so, when we ride with the strong wind, you'll be really warm, right?"

Last edited:
Surely it's gotta be one of the most coldest mornings in Melbourne's history, it's bloody freezing.. record low was -2.8 .
Yeah, -2.8 on the 21st of July 1869 (in Melbourne). These are the record lowest and highest overnight temperatures in Melbourne for each month

v3Y0Tje.png

While I'm at it, these are Melbourne's record warmest and coldest days for each month

xSrUAbz.png

Last edited:
"Feels like" has to be the biggest load of rubbish for gauging temperature. They calling old folks and getting them to guess the temperature or something?

Just a lazy way of presenting it. They often call it the humidex here. It’s usually no more than 5 degrees or so.

In winter it’s windchill. If it’s only -5 but the windchill is -20 then you probably want to take note.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back