The Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

It's definitely been pretty fresh all around the country.

I tend to sleep so much better in the colder months.
Me too although last night I had 6 different nightmares and woke up each time. Not that I mind because they're more frustrating than scary.

Me too although last night I had 6 different nightmares and woke up each time. Not that I mind because they're more frustrating than scary.

Me too. Was it a full moon or something? Mine were more weird dreams than nightmares.

I sleep amazingly well in winter compared to summer.

Very cold in Melbourne today. Started at 2 degrees this morning and got to about 15 eventually and was beautiful and sunny but the air was really cold.

So cold already and it's only June, hoping maybe we'll get snow this winter :)

It felt like the freezer department of a supermarket this morning when I went out to paint ,I had to put a flanny on

We've had -2.7 and -2.1 lows so far this week in western Vic. It's either *ing hot or *ing cold here, none of this 'beautiful one day, perfect the next' stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deserves a double post. If I hit the lotto moviing elsewhere somewhere With a bit more sun. This city is too cold. What’s ****ed is it’s even cold in early summer

Deserves a double post. If I hit the lotto moviing elsewhere somewhere With a bit more sun. This city is too cold. What’s f’ed is it’s even cold in early summer
I'd move to a nicer place but I'd still live in Victoria. Might go a bit further out, I could afford the heating bills

Its what you adapt to and suited. I'm freezing now. But love in Qld or a tropical cliamte.

Melbourne is an above average city climate wise. Even in winter you can still go outside and do stuff.

What does it is the Antarctic blast. Chills you plus our buildings are built to keep cool in summer not warm. Even a 6 degree morning in Qld doesn't feel as cold.

Melbourne ain’t cold. Equivalent latitudes in the northern hemisphere can get savage cold outbreaks. Hell OKC is at a lower latitude than us.Southern ocean protects us from it.
Very true. Nowhere in Australia is genuinely "cold" outside a few mountain towns and some of thsoe are ski resorts. Even the occasional minus seven, and regular minus four, here isn't cold by the standards of much of the world. Its largely about what you're conditioned to, and a psychological component.

For me, gently into the minuses isn't a problem. I feel it, but its OK. I struggle at the other side. At quite low temperatures by most people's standards I'm barely functional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back