The Colin Sylvia Society: Laziest players to play for your club

Remove this Banner Ad

1 tackle every 19 games. Surely that is a record for a 100 game player post 1980.

We wasn't called "the beast" for nothing.

Didn’t lay a tackle in his first 106 games. What a guy!
Guess Malthouse got stuck into him because he was on track to play his full career without ever laying a single tackle.

Andrejs Everitt was talented but lazy. Had a lovely set shot and nice skills, and was the perfect modern half-forward being tall, agile and clean at ground level.

Always seemed super chill too
Went to school with him and that was his biggest problem. He was great at two things, footy, and high jump. He just cruised through school because in his head he was always going to play AFL footy, failing that, he'd fall back on high jump. Not the smartest kid so I would not be surprised to see he took the same attitude from school into his 3 footy clubs. Ripper bloke though.

Couldn’t really tell you. Last I heard he was doing the suburban circuit... moving clubs every 5 mins, kicking bags, hitting runs, eating pies.
...stealing wallets. I went up to NT last year and some of the things I was told about him by the NTFL footy clubs up there left me disgusted. He played a one off game for a team and both sides of the crowd just booed him whenever he got within 50 metres of it (not often, he refused to leave a 10 metre patch of the field).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Gillies, got dropped from the worst team in living memory after 148, then got injured in the VFL. The club wanted to ease him back through the development league and he cracked the shits, refusing to play. Ended up playing forward in the VFL for the rest of the year before being delisted.

Only reason he comes to mind was he surfaced for an interview last month claiming the Hawks wanted him and he would have been their Brian Lake if that had happened :drunk:

At the end of the 2011 season, Gillies asked the Cats to be traded to Hawthorn (having played eight AFL games to that point). The Hawks had offered Gillies more opportunities. The Cats refused to trade Gillies to Hawthorn. At the end of 2012, Hawthorn adds Brian Lake and the rest is history.

Bernie Vince had a reputation for being slack.

Had the size and skill to be much more than he was.

Seemed to coast through year after year with the Crows.

Testament to how good a bloke he apparently is/was, that he rarely copped heat for his lack of progression, and didn't seem to be disliked by Crows fans after his departure.

More Melboure stories please! They are funny as ****.

Also more Grundy draft interview stories as well.

Allegedly in one off-season sometime during the 08-12 era the coach set all the players fitness programs and when they came back from the break only 2 had completed it.

Col Sylvia and Beamer Moloney had a fair few...Moloney was overlooked as captain by Neeld (apparently his extra-curricular activities, namely pissing on a bar during a night out, were not viewed by Neeld as very leader-like, to the surprise of Brent) and Moloney cracked it big time, was a shadow of his 2011 form before requesting a trade to Brisbane. When Neeld was sacked he took to twitter to troll him, another display of his leadership qualities :oops:

Sylvia got picked to play in the Aussie squad for the 2011 international rules but got sacked after going on the piss the night before training and being involved in a car rollover, fleeing the scene on foot after his mate tipped the car over.
Moloney and Sylvia would've been lucky to have had a quarter of functioning brain mass between them.

Tom Gillies, got dropped from the worst team in living memory after 148, then got injured in the VFL. The club wanted to ease him back through the development league and he cracked the shits, refusing to play. Ended up playing forward in the VFL for the rest of the year before being delisted.

Only reason he comes to mind was he surfaced for an interview last month claiming the Hawks wanted him and he would have been their Brian Lake if that had happened :drunk:

He was the next Scarlo apparently too.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back