The Colin Sylvia Society: Laziest players to play for your club

Remove this Banner Ad

One night at the 'G i kept watch on him after he'd kicked a point 45m out in front of the AFL members. He stood rooted to the spot immediately after the kick and stuck his hands up in the air for the zone. Blues kicked out to the MCC members side and took it up the ground. Reckon there may even have been a boundary throw in up that end and the ball came back down the MCC wing and we kicked another point. Jay stuck his hands up in the air - he hadn't moved!
yes he did! he stuck his hands up in the air.... twice!

Chris Yarran. Had all the tools at Carlton, had a really good second year in 2011 and then just played in patches. Always got the impression that he wasn't totally committed.

After hearing he got addicted to meth I wouldn't be surprised if that started at Carlton and was the reason for his patchy performances.

Ty Vickery

Laziness is something that with the right teacher, can be trained/coached out of a player. The masterminds Dimma and Clarko still can't do this on Ty, so i'd say its something more than just laziness going on there haha I'd say its less a lack of effort and more a lack of skill/ability

Laziness is something that with the right teacher, can be trained/coached out of a player. The masterminds Dimma and Clarko still can't do this on Ty, so i'd say its something more than just laziness going on there haha I'd say its less a lack of effort and more a lack of skill/ability
He did show whatever skill he had in the last few weeks of 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Travis Johnstone was easy fixed. Guy could play, but if you deposited your girlfriends handbag mirror on a wing, he'd just stare at it and you wouldnt see him for the rest of the game.

Nick Davis must be a candidate for 2 clubs. All pro tho when the ball was bounced.

In no particular order. Off the top of my head. Apologies if I have missed someone.
Quinlan
J Grant
Loveless
Grgic
Cook
The late S. Knight
A. Daniels
Everitt
Stringer
Talia

Jarrad Waite: Always seemed to find a niggle somewhere, that halted his training regime.
Shaun Grigg: Won't say he was lazy, but the look on his face always told me, he didn't want to be running laps of the oval.
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow: Struggled to keep up with Cameron Wood & Liam Jones in any running sets. How we thought we were getting ourselves a mid...???
Chris Yarran: Sometimes could look too good to be training with the plebs, but he didn't like running in circles at all.

Just a few off the top of my head and likely some worse than this group.

...stealing wallets. I went up to NT last year and some of the things I was told about him by the NTFL footy clubs up there left me disgusted. He played a one off game for a team and both sides of the crowd just booed him whenever he got within 50 metres of it (not often, he refused to leave a 10 metre patch of the field).
Biggest crook in country vic footy. How and why people are still paying him is beyond him. Has screwed nearly every club. Can play still tho

Shannon Cox.

There was a classic photo of Cox and Buckley at the first training session of season 2009. Bucks was two years retired, yet still looked like he could run out a game in the middle that day, while Cox had spent 4 weeks eating KFC buckets and it showed. Bucks is looking at Cox's gut and the look on his face is just like what the *. Not long after, Cox "retired".

Can't seem to find it though. :(

This thread is dedicated to the Colin Sylvias of the world, the players who simply did not care enough to put in hard work.
Sylvia stole credit cards and committed fraud just to cop a root at a knock shop.

And was caught going to great lengths to ensure that his ex-girlfriend was getting a good night's rest.

I object to the word "lazy" in the thread title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back