Autopsy The collective Media angst

Remove this Banner Ad

Another old quote :

IF the world were consumed by a nuclear holocaust tomorrow, the North Melbourne Football Club and cockroaches would be the only two things left scurrying round the earth.

Kangaroos - the hardest team to kill in the AFL.

Chip Le Grand
The Australian
August 08, 2005
I love that quote. It was re-used in the old Alpha magazines in their 'Tough' issue. Had a top 50 countdown of the toughest people in in Australian sport. Carey, Archer and the North Melbourne FC all made the list. I still have it somewhere, I will track it down and post.

I love that quote. It was re-used in the old Alpha magazines in their 'Tough' issue. Had a top 50 countdown of the toughest people in in Australian sport. Carey, Archer and the North Melbourne FC all made the list. I still have it somewhere, I will track it down and post.

Daniel Wells' accountant was #8 on their list.

Having been on this planet for 49 years and one week, for the amount of times I have had to defend "we bought ourselves a Premiership Era back in 1975 onwards", to me is where the hate begins.

Prior to that we were the laughing stock, and where we should have stayed.

But a group of men dreamed big in the early 70's and here we are today, still alive and kicking, having despite since 1975, everyone else against us....

I've been spinning around the sun a bit less than you Gaso but your reading of this is 100% spot on IMO. We were supposed to be the forgotten child, tolerated to exist as long as we don't go getting in the way and actually winning stuff. There's a reason some of the biggest failures of the last 50 years have such epic whingey hate for us. Our rise has coincided completely with their abject failure.

I think it's absolutely hilarious the collective media angst towards us with the potential Dusty deal.

The pro Tugger media throng ie Caro and Wreck-em Ralphy have had 30 years of heartache and now they finally look like being half competitive the 'minnow' club named 'norf' could pull one of the greatest recruiting coups in history simply due to brilliant accounting and free agency timing.

The other major factor that's been lost in this 'Get ****** norf' frenzy is the treatment of Dusty when he was shopped around a few years ago, then low balled on his next deal and then reportedly was ready to sign an extension but was told to wait while they lured Prestia and his mate Caddyshack on decent coin.

So why the collective hate towards us and what is your favourite piece of recent 'journalism' and their reasons why DM shouldn't join the might of the Royal Blue & White?
Maybe dusty has had enough of Tiger muppets who run the show down there at punt rd . This could be a case of the Kyrie Irvings

lets think- our great club has been ahead of the curb for a long time

10 year rule
friday night football
elehants pre game entertainment
playing home games interstate
greg millers deal of the century for cary and longmire

and now we have planned a trade raid that has others crying

Winning the Centenary Premiership in 1996 ( Swans apparently where supposed to win it and Ross OAkley wasn't happy, F*** Him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back