Remove this Banner Ad

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What do you guys think should go in a FAQ thread? How should it be structured?

I'll start with some links, eventually we should get a good resource and starting point for everyone that visits the forum.

UFC Events
UFC Champions
The Ultimate Fighter

WWE PPV Events
Current WWE Champions

Boxing Weight Classes
Current world boxing champions - WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, The Ring

BOXING ORGANISATIONS................... Est .Office ........ Official Lists
================================================================================
World Boxing Association ........ (WBA) 1921 Panama ........ Champions . Rankings
World Boxing Council ............ (WBC) 1963 Puerto Rico ... Champions . Ratings
World Boxing Organization ....... (WBO) 1988 Puerto Rico ... Champions . Rankings
International Boxing Federation . (IBF) 1976 United States . Champions . Ratings
The Ring Magazine ..................... 1922 United States.. Champions . Ratings

Great idea.

First, there's no such sport as "UFC" or "Ultimate Fighting". The sport is called "mixed martial arts" or "MMA" so a link to the mixed martial arts wiki page should go up the top somewhere.

Maybe provide a list and links to information on the largest mixed martial arts organizations e.g:
UFC
Pride (now defunct)
WEC
Strikeforce
Dream
World Victory Road Presents: Sengoku
Bellator

Links to the early combat sports that were hybrids of various martial arts before we had a globally recognized sport called mixed martial arts would be handy. I'm talking stuff like Vale Tudo and the "World Vale Tudo Championship" (WVC), Pancrase and Shooto.

Some Aussie coverage should be put in also. The Cage Fighting Championship (CFC) is our biggest organization. Impact FC as well (if we ever see them again).

That's all just the basic stuff off the top of my head. I know there's other regulars on this board who could provide more ideas, especially on the early days of MMA.

Thanks, I'll do my best and the first post of this thread should evolve over time. I welcome all suggestions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back