Politics The coming war with China - John Pilger

MrPortAdelaide

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You are very ignorant of history if you think the US hasnt used force to hold large parts of the world to ransom since WW2.

I cant think of many that they genuinely liberated but I can name a great many countries that they have oppressed violently.

The answer is clear: China would most likely be the less intrusive and less violent power.
that can be your opinion but be careful what you wish for, China has a very aggressive agenda of conformity with its own people and if that is the way they deal with their own then others will be less fortunite

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Always careful what you wish for

If you give China the military power and nuclear arsenal of the US with their wide spread influence on the world it's reasonable to assume that they'd behave far more aggressively and boldly, particularly when they already have a record of oppressing and slaughtering their own. It would be very silly to just assume they'd be better just because they were never in that kind of position to show how monstrous they really can be

VineyIsLORD

Norm Smith Medallist
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
that can be your opinion but be careful what you wish for, China has a very aggressive agenda of conformity with its own people and if that is the way they deal with their own then others will be less fortunite

China has been the most dominant country for most of recorded history, and they werent particularly expansive or aggressive at any point. Quite the opposite in fact.

Most of China's recent problems started because the Europeans forced them to trade at gunpoint and then picked off parts of their empire.

You havent justified your backing of the US imo so I guess we can just agree that we hold different opinions.

VineyIsLORD

Norm Smith Medallist
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

If you give China the military power and nuclear arsenal of the US with their wide spread influence on the world it's reasonable to assume that they'd behave far more aggressively and boldly, particularly when they already have a record of oppressing and slaughtering their own. It would be very silly to just assume they'd be better just because they were never in that kind of position to show how monstrous they really can be

What I wish for is a multi polar world with limited military power in the hands of the executive/ruling class of any country.

I just dusagree that the US is some great stabilising force. They are demonstrably evil as an empire.

This

Today china has just 260 warheads, compared to 6800 in the usa and 7000 in russia

China has said on several occassions it has no interest in increasing its arsenal UNLESS Japan weaponizes.

MrPortAdelaide

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What I wish for is a multi polar world with limited military power in the hands of the executive/ruling class of any country.

I just dusagree that the US is some great stabilising force. They are demonstrably evil as an empire.
it was a great evil act by the US to save Australia from Japanese invasion in WWII.

MrPortAdelaide

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This

Today china has just 260 warheads, compared to 6800 in the usa and 7000 in russia

China has said on several occassions it has no interest in increasing its arsenal UNLESS Japan weaponizes.
'China Said' LOL , they also said they wouldnt militarize their little island in the South China Sea.

'China Said' LOL , they also said they wouldnt militarize their little island in the South China Sea.

So far they have not increased their weapon numbers in spite of the massive increases in their conventional forces. History is backing them on this

So far they have not increased their weapon numbers in spite of the massive increases in their conventional forces. History is backing them on this

MrPortAdelaide

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i hope your right, but i think they are just biding their time, at the moment there is no need for agression

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm

One can only hide behind the Declaration for so long....Until it finally dawns on people, that the U.S has been systematically denying those self-same rights of self-determination, to other sovereign, Democratic Nations, since the end of WW2....And yet, most Westerners just can't or refuse to see, what is so self-evident to every other culture around the world.

Blind ignorance & hypocrisy.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
China has been the most dominant country for most of recorded history, and they werent particularly expansive or aggressive at any point. Quite the opposite in fact.

Most of China's recent problems started because the Europeans forced them to trade at gunpoint and then picked off parts of their empire.

You havent justified your backing of the US imo so I guess we can just agree that we hold different opinions.

Dunno about them being the most dominant country, I'd assume those times would have to be traced back before AD, even then Chinese dynasties had huge problems with border barbarians that either invaded or they couldn't do anything beyond just defending or taking the odd territory from them. Many dynasties then actually didn't have much ability expanding beyond China, and besides Romans were probably bigger back then

I think if anyone with the weaponry capacity of the US will be evil regardless, that's just how things have always rolled. If you give them to China or Russia they'd just be the same

i hope your right, but i think they are just biding their time, at the moment there is no need for agression

Japan is the key, as long as they do nothing china wont feel the need to respond

VineyIsLORD

Norm Smith Medallist
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dunno about them being the most dominant country, I'd assume those times would have to be traced back before AD, even then Chinese dynasties had huge problems with border barbarians that either invaded or they couldn't do anything beyond just defending or taking the odd territory from them. Many dynasties then actually didn't have much ability expanding beyond China, and besides Romans were probably bigger back then

I think if anyone with the weaponry capacity of the US will be evil regardless, that's just how things have always rolled. If you give them to China or Russia they'd just be the same

Now "the same" is something I could potentially agree with.

Not "worse" as many have tried to argue, as if the US somehow limits their violence in a way China or Russia wouldnt.

But the same is fair.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Japan is the key, as long as they do nothing china wont feel the need to respond

I don't think they will either coz they have enough problems with their own economy and a rapidly declining population

But if China is the no.1 military might in the world I can absolutely see them messing with Japan for revenge

We're better off if China and US are both superpowers and both of them have decent relations with each other and balance each other out, but don't think that'll happen, there's gonna be a clash eventually

VineyIsLORD

Norm Smith Medallist
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think they will either coz they have enough problems with their own economy and a rapidly declining population

But if China is the no.1 military might in the world I can absolutely see them messing with Japan for revenge

We're better off if China and US are both superpowers and both of them have decent relations with each other and balance each other out, but don't think that'll happen, there's gonna be a clash eventually

If it werent for cooler heads in Moscow we would already have had Nuclear winter.

Any time the yanks start tangling with nuclear armed countries my spider sense starts to go off. They are religious extremists and very militaristic in their culture.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If it werent for cooler heads in Moscow we would already have had Nuclear winter.

Any time the yanks start tangling with nuclear armed countries my spider sense starts to go off. They are religious extremists and very militaristic in their culture.

If you mean the C.I.A brass are fundamentally insane, power-driven, NAZI war-mongers....Then yes.:thumbsu:

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
i understand the anger against the US but when it comes to World Powers throughout history the US are by far the nicest ones going around. The point is if the US are not the world power then someone else is going to be and that picture looks far worse

Clearly they are not. They are in the mold of the European Imperialist powers of the 18thC. How else can one explain the radiation experiments on the Polynesians of Bikini atoll & the taking of their land. The Germans & Japanese did that sort of thing 75 years ago.
Then theirs the wars & destruction they've caused all over the planet, & still cause.

Now "the same" is something I could potentially agree with.

Not "worse" as many have tried to argue, as if the US somehow limits their violence in a way China or Russia wouldnt.

But the same is fair.
Better for AUS that US is the global superpower? In lieu of China of Russia.

From what I've read, their supply lines would never have allowed them to invade us.

Japanese docs found a few years ago showed the japanese had no interest in invading australia. The goal was always the resources of the dutch east indies that they desperately needed for their chinese campaign. Australia was just a big fat desert

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Better for AUS that US is the global superpower? In lieu of China of Russia.

They mostly leave us alone, but only because we do what they tell us....Nice, accommodating, sycophantic patsy's that we are....Scared s**t-less of growing-up & accepting the responsibility that comes with full independence.

Oh for another Whitlam....The last adult in parliament.

Back