Preview The Coming Weeks

How will West Coast go in the next 3 games?

• 0 Wins: All hands abandon ship!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Win: If you think this story has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • 2 Wins: 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • 3 Wins: Set a course for finals! Maximum Warp!

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Doesn't matter it'll be Hawks vs Geelong in the Grand Final anyway...

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

EagleJack42

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Roger Federer
381076-west-coast-fans.jpg
Now ladies and gentlemen I hope you've all had a safer and happy Easter weekend than our television screens and the remotes currently embedded in them but despite our loss to the dastardly Port Adelaide & Friends (Green Fellas) on Saturday, we now look ahead to the next few games leading up to our blockbuster against the bye and a few subsequent games that follow. I know it seems a bit doomy and gloomy at the moment, believe me I felt that part of me died while listening to the radio commentary of the last quarter on my way to dinner last night but all is by no means lost.

Yes we lost to Port at home, but if we put this into perspective they are currently playing like a team that should finish Top 4, and believe me there aren't many teams playing like that at present besides Hawthorn, Geelong and Essendon Not Essendon. Now if come the end of the season and Port finish third, granted we'll still be a bit bitter that we let this one slip and by god did we let it slip... But still our premiership year of 92' got off to a worse start than this and I'll be happy to wear a loss to a Top 4 side by less than 3 goals when considering we can play better and we have a bigger injury list than Sydney's salary cap.

With that in mind let us have a little mini analysis of the coming games and see if we can channel some objectivity and generate some insight into what lies ahead.

Round 6: Carlton vs West Coast @ Etihad

In our favor:

- Carlton are currently s**t... and I mean no forward line, no Judd, no defense s**t. Yes granted they beat the Bulldogs at home but as Austin Powers says...

- We will be better for and learn from the loss against Port who quite frankly are a much much better version of the Carlton team that gave us a bloody nose last year in terms of pace and hunger.
- We don't seem to mind Etihad Stadium (with the exception of games against the Bulldogs and Top 6 teams)
- Carlton have lost Judd, Garlett doesn't want to play anymore and with Mick "gently down the wing" Malthouse in charge we can hopefully get some solid center corridor work going.

Against us:

- It's an away game although if 2013 is anything to go by...
- The losses of Glass and Ellis will not help but luckily for us with have backmen coming out of our backside.

Prediction:
Us to get back on the damn winners list! West Coast by 26 resurgent mastos

Round 7: West Coast vs Fremantle @ The Dong

Now I can already hear some of you...

Now it may be the eternal ray of sunshine from my ass that I constantly seem to delude myself with talking but I think Freo are a tad more vulnerable than usual.

In our favor:

- Fremantle are currently playing well, well below their best... Let's hope it stays that way...
- Injuries to Barlow, Gumbleton, Ibbotson and Walters have reduced their forward firepower and midfield grunt considerably.
- Sydney have demonstrated that tagging Mundy and bashing up Fyfe significantly increases your chances of beating Freo regardless of whether a crack fueled Johnson tries to spark them or not.
- Glassy should be back from his enforced holiday.

Against us:

- It's Freo... they have a better midfield than us... Need I say more?
- North may play them into some form.

Prediction:
Anyone's guess? West Coast in a tight one or Fremantle by a great deal...

Round 8: West Coast vs GWS @ The Dong again....

Ahhh excellent another small glasses wearing child for our mighty men to beat up on... Although we should be weary of a GWS ambush...

In our favor:

- Possible returns of Ellis, Hurn, Lecras (meaning no Hill!)
- It's at home
- It's a young travelling GWS team
- Morale could be on the up depending on the outcomes of the previous two games.
- Boys will go hell for leather with the looming break on the horizon.

Against us:

- Just ask Sydney....
- Young and hungry talent could expose us
- Bad weather?
- Quirrel uttering curses at our players causing Darling to fall from his broom...
- Not enough sacrifices to the Footy Gods

Prediction:
Another stock standard bullying of a developing team at home. West Coast by the sum of all our player's guersey numbers.

And with that I'll throw it over to everyone for all of you to discuss. No doubt there will be eternal optimists (EagleJack42 I'm looking at you...) and doom spouting pessimists (the Legion). Let us each put forward our own views and predictions of the coming weeks.

Scores:

Carlton: 0.0.0
West Coast: 0.0.0

Fremantle: 0.0.0

GWS: 0.0.0

Last edited:
We should be aiming for three from three, anything less would be piss-poor IMO.

We won't lose to GWS at home.
Agreed. Having said that, is there any scenario anyone can see where we beat Fremantle? And I mean from a tactical/match up point of view not a stupid optimistic point of view.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done OP, great read!

2/3 for me, hoping we touch up the purple floggers though, sick of their s**t.

Anything less than 2/3 and we are done hopefully Hurn is back soon and we psh Yeo midfield and keep shep back there who has been doing well. Would also be nice to see Wellingham in the midfield more as well he and masto seem to be carrying something at the moment.

2/3 is probably fair enough, but it would be no more than should be expected from a middling team. Surely, we're due to beat a higher rated team.

In the past, F
reo have beaten us when we were clearly a better side. I don't see why we can't return the favour. Put Tunbridge and Colledge in the midfield with the sole intention of breaking some ribs and see if Barlow, Fyfe and Mundy are keen to put it all on the table for a home and away game.

2/3 is bare minimum.

Edit: add Hill to that list.

Last edited:
Nice OP :thumbsu:

Carlton and GWS are must wins. Should be comfortable wins considering the form of the two (Carlton = s**t house and GWS still babies).
Won't beat Freo, will be surprised and absolutely delighted if beat them though.

Should come out 5-3 by the bye, which isn't that bad considering all things. :rainbow:

I'm tipping a 2W - 1L record from the next 3. As others have said Carlton and GWS are MUST win matches.

If we bring our top game for the derby we can give it a shake I think. Don't want to preempt anything but Dockers missed the influence of Walters against Sydney and will miss his influence for the rest of 2014 if he doesn't get back in. Bennell > Ballantyne :D

Back