Analysis The Comprehensive AFL Player Map

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been working on this for a few days and have finally finished it tonight. This is a map of every Australian AFL player and which football side they played the majority of their junior footy.

You can use the 'Filter items' to find a specific player or club.
love this

so is this all players on a list in 2019?
will you drop off players as they retire?
or, achieve the holliest of holys and add every player over time (ie go backwards and add retirees for each year going backwards)?

love this

so is this all players on a list in 2019?
will you drop off players as they retire?
or, achieve the holliest of holys and add every player over time (ie go backwards and add retirees for each year going backwards)?

Yeah this is all players listed in 2019, including any that have retired or been delisted so far. After the draft I will probably re-do it with current players and see if I can archive the 2019 one. Historical would be a huge, huge effort and extremely difficult to find junior clubs for most players.

I have been working on this for a few days and have finally finished it tonight. This is a map of every Australian AFL player and which football side they played the majority of their junior footy.

You can use the 'Filter items' to find a specific player or club.

Outstanding !

Is it possible that when multiple players play for one team - that when you click on the map link - it zooms in to show all available - rather than perhaps only one

ie - when i clicked on Northhampton - it only showed Jamie Cripps (and missed Patrick and JJK)

If I zoom right in - i can see all 3. But when at a normal level zoom it doesn't separate

This is absolutely phenomenal - you deserve a badge for that!

Outstanding !

Is it possible that when multiple players play for one team - that when you click on the map link - it zooms in to show all available - rather than perhaps only one

ie - when i clicked on Northhampton - it only showed Jamie Cripps (and missed Patrick and JJK)

If I zoom right in - i can see all 3. But when at a normal level zoom it doesn't separate

I'll see if I can change the zoom settings, not sure how to get around it.

Don't take it as criticism - it's an awesome map

Twas just a suggestion :)

All good mate, happy to try and improve it. If I knew code and could host it on my own site with full flexibility, that would be the dream.

Can’t believe somebody managed to get all this data compiled, impressive
But I did notice a few minor mistakes in Sydney

You have 3 players (Jack, McVeigh and I think it was Briggs) playing for pennant hills. But you’ve tagged them at greenway Park. This is the home to the pennant hills senior team. The juniors play at Ern Holmes reserve a suburb away.

I’d also double check the details of Naismith and mills. North shore is a senior club, they don’t have juniors. Willoughby is the junior club which uses that ground.

Removed all delisted and retired players ahead of tomorrow night's draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back