List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of Contract, 2024

Adam Tomlinson
Andy Moniz-Wakefield (R)
Bailey Laurie
Ben Brown
Daniel Turner
Ed Langdon
Jake Bowey
Jake Melksham
Joel Smith*
Josh Schache
Kyah Farris-White (R)
Kynan Brown (R)
Lachie Hunter
Marty Hore (R)
Matthew Jefferson
Oliver Sestan (R)
Tom McDonald
Will Verrall (R)

Out of Contract, 2025

Blake Howes
Charlie Spargo
Harrison Petty
Jack Billings
Jack Viney
Judd McVee (R)
Max Gawn
Steven May
Taj Woewodin
Tom Fullarton

Out of Contract, 2026

Alex Neal-Bullen
Bayley Fritsch
Caleb Windsor
Christian Salem
Jed Adams
Kade Chandler
Koltyn Tholstrup
Shane McAdam
Tom Sparrow

Out of Contract, 2027

Kysaiah Pickett
Trent Rivers

Out of Contract, 2028

Jake Lever

Out of Contract, 2029

Christian Petracca

Out of Contract, 2030

Clayton Oliver

Last edited by a moderator:

I could swear there's a thread on this already? Stickied? Or used to be?
There was, but it's rather old and really needed an update.

Will be very interesting to see what they do with Vince, who'll be 32 at the end of the year. One-year contract I'd assume.
He's still playing pretty good footy. I'd expect him to get another year.

Will be very interesting to see what they do with Vince, who'll be 32 at the end of the year. One-year contract I'd assume.

Don't think we should be giving him any more than one, as much as I love him. Wouldn't have been surprised before round 1 if he didn't play on beyond this year but his form (Albeit one game) looks great.

Of this lot:

Liam Hulett (Assumed, as a 2015 draftee)
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Mitch King (Assumed, as a 2015 draftee)
Alex Neal-Bullen
Cameron Pedersen
Christian Salem
Jake Spencer
Billy Stretch
Jack Trengove
Aaron Vendenberg
Mitch White
Bernie Vince

You'd think JKH, Pedo, Trengove and White would be the ones immediately in the gun. Only Salem and Stretch would be guaranteed a contractor offer, and probably Spencil as well given our ruck stocks.

AVB would be in trouble too, mainly as a trade bait option. Guy is good in the middle, but he's a depth player now. And with ANB strugling to get a game in the middle (lets face it he's useless elsewhere), AVB is even further back in the pecking order.

Might be worth it to a club in desperate need of competetive physical players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 years each for Salem and Stretch and 1 year for Vince and Spencil.

I reckon Spencil will get 2. Too easy to poach for a club in desperate need. Plus who is the other ruck? King? If that guy is ever not injured we could consider cutting it down to 1

In terms of priority signings this season:

1. Salem
2. Stretch
3. Vince
4. Spencer
5. AVB
6. ANB
7. King

I'd wait until the season progresses before opening contract talks with JKH, Pederson, Trengove, Hulett, and Filipovic (needs to be added to OP 1 year assumed rookie)

Unless a miracle happens I wouldn't be offering White another contract as he'd have to be elevated from the rookie list and we have several players in his position

I reckon Spencil will get 2. Too easy to poach for a club in desperate need. Plus who is the other ruck? King? If that guy is ever not injured we could consider cutting it down to 1

I sincerely hope we target a forward/ruck this year. Spence is a solid back-up to Max, but they rarely play in the same team together and Spence is a limited (albeit competitive) AFL ruckman.

However, there's a bit of a hole in our list for that forward/ruck position - some clubs are lucky enough to have a great option (Lobb, Jenkins, Tippett, Boyd etc) but they don't grow on trees. If we can find one via a trade or through the state leagues, it'd be gold.

I sincerely hope we target a forward/ruck this year. Spence is a solid back-up to Max, but they rarely play in the same team together and Spence is a limited (albeit competitive) AFL ruckman.

However, there's a bit of a hole in our list for that forward/ruck position - some clubs are lucky enough to have a great option (Lobb, Jenkins, Tippett, Boyd etc) but they don't grow on trees. If we can find one via a trade or through the state leagues, it'd be gold.

The problem is that a ruck/forward is always a dominant forward who is not completely useless in the ruck. And as key forwards are already at a massive premium, they cost an arm and a let. Might as well just draft a key forward and get by with Max.

If we're going to have a legitimate forward/ruck, we can't play Watts/Hogan/Weideman as well. That is simply too tall.

As of right now this is what i'd do looking through my coaches goggles (Not my preference, as there is some i'd want to keep on)

New contracts
1 Year - Pedersen
1 Year - Spencer
2 Years - ANB
2 Years - Hulett (devlopment)
3 Years - Salem
3 Years - Stretch

Re-Rookie (1 year)
- Tim Smith
- Keilty
- Filipovic

Delist or Trade
JKH
Trengove (i'd want to give him 1 year though)
vandenBerg (i'd want to give him 1 year though)
Mitch King
Mitch White

Retire
Bernie Vince (i'd offer one year if he wants to go around again)

Extend
- Gawn
- Hunt
- Jetta
- Petracca
- Tom McDonald
- Oscar McDonald

As of right now this is what i'd do looking through my coaches goggles (Not my preference, as there is some i'd want to keep on)

New contracts
1 Year - Pedersen
1 Year - Spencer
2 Years - ANB
2 Years - Hulett (devlopment)
3 Years - Salem
3 Years - Stretch

Re-Rookie (1 year)
- Tim Smith
- Keilty
- Filipovic

Delist or Trade
JKH
Trengove (i'd want to give him 1 year though)
vandenBerg (i'd want to give him 1 year though)
Mitch King
Mitch White

Retire
Bernie Vince (i'd offer one year if he wants to go around again)

Extend
- Gawn
- Hunt
- Jetta
- Petracca
- Tom McDonald
- Oscar McDonald

VDB would be stiff - hasn't had a run at it at all this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back