List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez there might be some mighty unlucky player or two that ends up getting delisted this year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ehh. Personally think Hulett is firmly in the gun. Given we only need to delist two it's just a question of 'who is the second'.

Honestly think it'll be 3+ though. Given the Lever/ZJones rumours plus people variously saying that we will draft Fritsch, I'm thinking we'll be looking at any of Pedo, Spencil, Hulett, Trenners, BenKen and vdB.

Right now what I think will happen:

Delisted: Pedersen, Hulett, White (rookie), Lumumba.
Rookie list: vdB (give him a chance to actually get fit; we know he can play), Flippa, Keilty.

Queries over Trengove, BenKen, Spencil, Vince. Judging by the talk Bernie will get a cheapie deal to play on. Surely Spencil gets offered another year as the depth. Trenners is playing for his career but if he keeps doing what he did today he'll get another. BenKen who the hell knows.

But if the above happens, we've got 4 list slots. Lever or Zak for one of those, then the other three for draftees.

Delisting Pedersen would be foolish and I think Keilty will be let go if we get Lever.
Keilty's a rookie slot though, not a full blown. But wouldn't surprise me.

Pedo is a huge query. He was a huge query for the Dawes/Pedo stuff. And given we know the Weid is a matter of when, not if, and we've seen the emergence of TMac as the utility I don't feel it's wrong to be asking the question, particularly with the forgotten man Garland still in contract for '18.

Keilty's a rookie slot though, not a full blown. But wouldn't surprise me.

Pedo is a huge query. He was a huge query for the Dawes/Pedo stuff. And given we know the Weid is a matter of when, not if, and we've seen the emergence of TMac as the utility I don't feel it's wrong to be asking the question, particularly with the forgotten man Garland still in contract for '18.

Pedo is honestly the second best ruck option on our list, only reason TMac is in over him in a forward/ruck role is that TMac is a much better forward.

Surely Garland will be paid out and delisted?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
ScreenShot2012-12-12at224848.png 2f18-123.jpg
First up what I'm about to say might seem callous & unpopular but I'm simply trying to be a realist. Trengove was a promising player before injuries got the better of him. Garland was a proven player who was amongst our best for a couple of seasons. Both players are cooked yet one is looked upon with great sentiment & the other is viewed as a dud that most people can't wait to be shown the door. If there was a choice between the two I'd be keeping the contracted player.
People seem to think that because Trengove wasn't horrific yesterday he is worth keeping. He only got a game because Vince, another slow player that many are suggesting should be delisted wasn't available. So effectively he is the back up to one of the last players picked in our best 22.

Any chance of any players doing a Michael Evans?*

*Evans was still contracted on the senior list but delisted with the promise of being rookied so that the club could still honour his contract. Instead of a years' training and only VFL games on the rookie list Evans instead opted for a cash payout and retired.

Paying out Garland would be a dreadful move culture-wise. Not to mention the fact that an extra KPD is something we're lacking. This is Frost's first injury free season with us.

Any chance of any players doing a Michael Evans?*

*Evans was still contracted on the senior list but delisted with the promise of being rookied so that the club could still honour his contract. Instead of a years' training and only VFL games on the rookie list Evans instead opted for a cash payout and retired.
I can understand why Evans chose that option. We were pretty ordinary as a club then.

Now days, everyone on the list wants to play ones to get some success. Even Casey is a professionally run unit.

Paying out Garland would be a dreadful move culture-wise. Not to mention the fact that an extra KPD is something we're lacking. This is Frost's first injury free season with us.
Yeah he's staying on.

Yeah I wouldn't want it even if the club wanted to, unless a guy is injured in his last year I don't see the point in paying someone out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerned that ANB is still out of contract
Maybe his feelings are hurt at being suggested as the steak knives for every possibly Lever trade scenario?

To be fair, his value has been steadily going up the last few months, so its best for him to hold off until the end of the season ... imagine his value when he has 20&3 in our first final!

Keilty and Pedersen on for another year. Was kinda surprised by Keilty getting another one, but he's been quite serviceable at Casey.

Interesting that they've renewed Keilty whilst we're waiting on Frost...

Concerned that ANB is still out of contract

Think he is just holding off to get the best possible contract, don't blame him considering he is playing some great footy.

Watching this space for a possible ANB deal, I'll update the thread when I have an actual source.

As an aside, that cuts list is getting mighty thin. Remember we only have to cut two because of Heretier. That said, I imagine we will cut more.

Right now what I think happens:

Spencer -> 1 year deal, may depend on if he chases a first team chance.
Vince -> 1 year deal, matches the noise coming from Bernie himself.
King -> not sure on this one. Casey watchers?
Hulett -> Delisted.
Trengove -> Delisted with love.
White -> Delisted.
vandenBerg -> Rookie list. Get him right.

White is still a rookie so doesn't count as one of the two. I think Hulett and Trenners are gone (Reckon Trenners will go with the retirement angle - surely he knows he won't be picked up anywhere else), BenKen may get told he can be a rookie or try his luck in the draft.

Frost is also still OOC, we won't delist
obviously but I'm surprised he still hasn't signed despite his form going well south. Just shows that whilst holding off on signing to get a great deal can pay off it can also bite you on the arse.

From here, I think it's pretty clear what will happen with most players.

Trenners - retires.
Hulett - delisted.
Mitch King - rookie/1 year/delisted
Spencil - will demand 2 years I think, will get a chance elsewhere if he doesn't get it
White - gone
Vanders - 1 year extension
Vince - 1 year extension
Filipovic - don't know enough about him
Frost - 2/3 years (his call)
Kennedy - gone
Bugg - 1 year

Trade bait:
Garland - but nobody will take him. I'd love to see him prove everybody wrong, still
Wagner - see above, without the proving everybody wrong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back