List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

ANB should be in 2019...

I would love to see some movement before the start of next season on Trac, OMac, TMac, Braysh, Jetta & Gawn.

Would offer Trac 5 years at least.
Fixing now
Oops

sylvieMFC

Debutant
Aug 31, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like him, not sure why you can't stand him.
Is not best 22 when fit or not.

I'm happy to be proven wrong. :)

Unfortunately I'm still not sold on Oscar. He's been given a lot chances but he hasn't made big improvement. Goody persisted with him every week, but I don't think we got enough out him other than a couple of 'good' games. Perhaps he should be in the twos learning the craft and building confidence, improving his decision making.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Unfortunately I'm still not sold on Oscar. He's been given a lot chances but he hasn't made big improvement. Goody persisted with him every week, but I don't think we got enough out him other than a couple of 'good' games. Perhaps he should be in the twos learning the craft and building confidence, improving his decision making.

Coaching team have essentially stuck by him as a key back for nearly two seasons. After that, next season would be a strange time to send him back to the magoos to learn his craft. Not sure who we'd replace him with either, so unless we trade for another key back, he's as locked in to the starting team as Hogan, Oliver, Petracca, Jones, Viney, etc are.

I think Oscar showed huge improvement this year TBH and would have played ahead of Garland if he was fit IMO.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

The article about Filipovic says: "The 200cm beanpole was the only remaining uncontracted Demon, after fellow rookie Corey Maynard and second-year big man Mitch King re-signed this week."

I'm taking this to mean Tom Bugg is contracted for next year

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
There hasn't been an announcement for Bugg, but I guess that means that they are simply spreading them out. Glad he's hanging around, FWIW

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Back