List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

We aren't thin. Clubs don't have KPP depth. We have Brown and McDonald for another 3 years. At any point during that we can chase a Free agent or Trade or package picks to get into the first round. I like how ya speaking for JT though šŸ˜‚
McDonald was depth at the start of the year. Same with Petty. We've thrown Weid and MBrown in the team to cover for injuries/s**t form this year too. McDonald and Brown have each had their share of meh form and injury this year (and the couple before it too). Expecting them to be as effective for 3 more years is very optimistic imo, and a developing KPP would be handy to have on the list, assuming Weid and MBrown are both gone at the end of this year.

McDonald was depth at the start of the year. Same with Petty. We've thrown Weid and MBrown in the team to cover for injuries/sh*t form this year too. McDonald and Brown have each had their share of meh form and injury this year (and the couple before it too). Expecting them to be as effective for 3 more years is very optimistic imo, and a developing KPP would be handy to have on the list, assuming Weid and MBrown are both gone at the end of this year.
Yeah we don't have anyone near Riewoldt or Lynch who will guarantee you 3 good performances in 4 at the least. I'm a bit nervous relying on these two without someone in reserve. McDonald's extension makes sense given the obscene money he was on compared to his form, and his improved form too, but it'll be a pleasant surprise if he's still performing beyond next year.

Yeah we don't have anyone near Riewoldt or Lynch who will guarantee you 3 good performances in 4 at the least. I'm a bit nervous relying on these two without someone in reserve. McDonald's extension makes sense given the obscene money he was on compared to his form, and his improved form too, but it'll be a pleasant surprise if he's still performing beyond next year.
Riewoldt is ******* 33. This is fantasy football mentality, our list won't be better because we have a raw as * 18 year old on the list. It's been proven that we would be better playing a small with talent vs a tall for the sake of it.
McDonald was depth at the start of the year. Same with Petty. We've thrown Weid and MBrown in the team to cover for injuries/sh*t form this year too. McDonald and Brown have each had their share of meh form and injury this year (and the couple before it too). Expecting them to be as effective for 3 more years is very optimistic imo, and a developing KPP would be handy to have on the list, assuming Weid and MBrown are both gone at the end of this year.

Who cares if petty was depth at the start of the year. By your logic we should trade him for nothing the because his value at the start of the year means everything.

Quality KPP talent doesn't exist in depth form. If it did we would keep Weid

Who cares if petty was depth at the start of the year. By your logic we should trade him for nothing the because his value at the start of the year means everything.

Quality KPP talent doesn't exist in depth form. If it did we would keep Weid
That's not my logic at all, I'm not sure you know what logic is if that's what you're taking from this. You said no club has KPP depth, I pointed out ho we did and without it would be in a much shitter spot this year. Quality KPP players can come through from depth. No we can't have 4 AA KPFs on the list, but a youngster to get some time into would be handy.

Riewoldt is ******* 33. This is fantasy football mentality, our list won't be better because we have a raw as fu** 18 year old on the list. It's been proven that we would be better playing a small with talent vs a tall for the sake of it.
Ok but iā€™m talking about trying to keep Weideman

That's not my logic at all, I'm not sure you know what logic is if that's what you're taking from this. You said no club has KPP depth, I pointed out ho we did and without it would be in a much shitter spot this year. Quality KPP players can come through from depth. No we can't have 4 AA KPFs on the list, but a youngster to get some time into would be handy.
An again finishing in the top 2 we aren't getting a young kpp player with a draft pick, certainly not one that's gonna get a game.
If we draft one that's half decent another club will take him anyway because we have 4 blokes already in front of him

I'm with TK here. We're not desperate for KPF depth really. Jacko could very well be our main forward in a year or two. Tmac and Brown still have plenty of time left. We've got Tommo coming back next year and could possibly push Petty forward if need be. Losing Weid is not that big of a deal. Happy for us to recruit a raw 18 year old kpf as a project player but that's with the knowledge that they won't be ready for a few years. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and Mac Andrew will slide.

I would have been more keen to keep Weid at the start of the year, but the way we've played we could get away with one KPF if we need to. Also have to factor in if Weid asks to move and we deny him that is a huge dick move, if you aren't playing a guy and he is OOC and wanting to leave you just let him go.

The great part being, when you've got a strong reserves side, its far easier to develop a kpf, not sitting down one end freezing his bollocks off getting 3 touches a game like the old days. Opportunites = experience = faster development

The great part being, when you've got a strong reserves side, its far easier to develop a kpf, not sitting down one end freezing his bollocks off getting 3 touches a game like the old days. Opportunites = experience = faster development
Counterpoint: We are no longer giving our reserve backmen 100 chances a game to get a stop.

Counterpoint: We are no longer giving our reserve backmen 100 chances a game to get a stop.

Luckily we have several AA guns to teach them the ropes.

Its all coming up Melbourne no matter which way you look at it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily we have several AA guns to teach them the ropes.

Its all coming up Melbourne no matter which way you look at it!
My favourite thing is that no matter what shape the club is in we always have at least one excellent ruck. It's just a fact like Hawks never have one unless they pinch one elsewhere. I have no doubt that a few years we'll have gun understudy to Jackson come up out of nowhere.

My favourite thing is that no matter what shape the club is in we always have at least one excellent ruck. It's just a fact like Hawks never have one unless they pinch one elsewhere. I have no doubt that a few years we'll have gun understudy to Jackson come up out of nowhere.
The ruck streak has been incredible. Stynes, White, Jolly, Jamar, Martin, Gawn with Jacko on the way.

The ruck streak has been incredible. Stynes, White, Jolly, Jamar, Martin, Gawn with Jacko on the way.
Troy Simmonds too, he never even got to play in the ruck for us from memory. Part of the laughable 2000 GF backline.

Obligatory: * Michael Long.

vdB, Lockhart, Nietschke and Bradtke delisted.
Vanders just doesn't have the body to stand up to AFL and stay fit and the others never really came on, could've seen Lockhart get a another crack though I guess.
Expecting Nev to call it and Jones gone too, wonder if there will be any trade aways.

Bradtke i remember at the time being excited for... But with jackson coming in and developing faster, he isn't really required anymore. Still worth a project to someone else imo, plenty of athletics to work with. But i don't think anyone is going to invest into him unfortunatly

Bradtke i remember at the time being excited for... But with jackson coming in and developing faster, he isn't really required anymore. Still worth a project to someone else imo, plenty of athletics to work with. But i don't think anyone is going to invest into him unfortunatly
Big issue was the VFL disappearing with him.

Surprised about Lockhart, thought Vanders played more than 51 games for us.

Interestingly, the following lads are out of contract:

- Deakyn Smith, Declase, Turner, Baker, Daw, M.Brown, Chandler, Baker, Bedford, Hore, Hibberd.

For mine, hard to justify keeping Baker and more than 1 of Daw/M.Brown (I would keep Dore), but the rest probably get a chance to stay. And in fact, with today's announcement coming as it did, wonder if they all basically stay.

Also highlights how amazing our fitness staff did this year, that the 4 blokes who are gone (plus Jones & Jetta) and those listed above all barely featured (as well as Rosman and Laurie).

Surprised about Lockhart, thought Vanders played more than 51 games for us.

Interestingly, the following lads are out of contract:

- Deakyn Smith, Declase, Turner, Baker, Daw, M.Brown, Chandler, Baker, Bedford, Hore, Hibberd.

For mine, hard to justify keeping Baker and more than 1 of Daw/M.Brown (I would keep Dore), but the rest probably get a chance to stay. And in fact, with today's announcement coming as it did, wonder if they all basically stay.

Also highlights how amazing our fitness staff did this year, that the 4 blokes who are gone (plus Jones & Jetta) and those listed above all barely featured (as well as Rosman and Laurie).
Reportedly Hibb getting another year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back