The Cooler and associated tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie saved the Collingwood football club in the late 90's/early 00's there's no question.

But its unfathomable he's signed on again for another 3 years, in a role such as this - its completely illogical. He can not bring anything new to the table & the only thing that appears so is that he refuses to let go.

Really disappointed to be honest.
He’ll bring a premiership.

The onus is on someone else to step up rather than Ed stepping down. Hard for Ed to step aside when no one else has put their hand up.

This is a fair statement but whilst most supporters will disagree with this, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that potential candidates have come to the conclusion that they have a snowballs chance of toppling big Ed. He is indeed a powerful figure. He will break the Curtis record of 27 years. Of that there is no doubt.

This is a fair statement but whilst most supporters will disagree with this, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that potential candidates have come to the conclusion that they have a snowballs chance of toppling big Ed. He is indeed a powerful figure. He will break the Curtis record of 27 years. Of that there is no doubt.
Yeah, I can't believe a Member wouldn't stand for the sole reason they believe they can't win....its just not fair that people wouldn't vote for that Member but instead vote for Ed

Interesting quote about big Ed from someone on Extreme Black and White:

“He’s a classic circus performer – smoke, mirrors, fancy tricks, but ultimately, he’s merely entertaining a bunch of simple people in awe of the ringmaster running the show.”

Do we know that no-one else has put their hand up?

There would be plenty of worthy candidates.

And FYI its no mean the end of the world, but Ed has well & truly had his time.

Given that he’s running unopposed then ultimately no one else has put their hand up. I don’t disagree that there are other people out there that can do the job. I’d be more than happy to consider an alternative to Eddie but as a member I need to be given the option to vote for someone else for that to happen.

I don’t disagree with this and I’d be surprised if at least one person hasn’t put their hand up for this reason. Still, I want our president to be able to stand up for us. If they can’t stand up to Eddie then I’d question whether they have what it takes to stand up for the club. Although I’ll admit that standing against Eddie would be a very daunting prospect!

Given that he’s running unopposed then ultimately no one else has put their hand up. I don’t disagree that there are other people out there that can do the job. I’d be more than happy to consider an alternative to Eddie but as a member I need to be given the option to vote for someone else for that to happen.

I don’t disagree with this and I’d be surprised if at least one person hasn’t put their hand up for this reason. Still, I want our president to be able to stand up for us. If they can’t stand up to Eddie then I’d question whether they have what it takes to stand up for the club. Although I’ll admit that standing against Eddie would be a very daunting prospect!

The word 'bully" might just come to mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back