Competitions The Cooties Cup! Lion Goalkicking Cup

Who's going to snag a sausage this week?

• Luke Hodge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Lester

• Daniel Rich

• Alex Witherden

• Darcy Gardiner

• Noah Answerth

• Lachie Neale

• Stef Martin

• Rhys Mathieson

• Jarryd Lyons

• Dan Mcstay

• Oscar mcinerny

• Jacob Allison

• Mitch Robinson

• Harris Andrews

• Allen Christensen

• Total voters
Well it has been brought to my attention that I've been a slack arse (thats a direct quote from Dylan12... I swear ;)) and haven't gotten this up and running again yet this season. It was my intention to before round 1 however certain things got in the way, so here we are back for the start of round two.

This year we're open to suggestions for a name so post your best suggestion and I'll pick the one I think will annoy the most people. Rules are below and I will pin it to the top of the page when the teams come out and you can commence voting in the poll.

Basically the premise is to nominate a player before each game. If that player kicks a goal you move on to the next week, if they don't you're out. Simple hey? Well this is the AFL, nothing is that simple and there are a bunch of convoluted rules designed to confuse and irritate.

Rules

Basic plot: You have to pick a Lions goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread by voting in the poll. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. You can only pick a player once during the comp, if you select the same person twice you will be eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Tiebreaker: As the competition goes on I will count your goals. Eg if you pick Hipwood this week and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point. If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then each of them will get 1 point if they got the highest goal kicker for that round. If we're still tied after then the winner will be determined by undergoing the Jack Redden challenge, where a ball will be kicked into your nether regions with the first one to kneel the loser.

Best of luck to all!

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Whilst it's not a pun, could we name the cup after the person who won it the previous year - that would then function as the prize, as it were.

Sausages

Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Michael, Brett and Dick....the Voss brothers :D

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Whilst it's not a pun, could we name the cup after the person who won it the previous year - that would then function as the prize, as it were.
Sounds like a fantastic idea to me !!!!!
(I think I won last year but I'm too lazy to find the thread)

Sausages

Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Sounds like a fantastic idea to me !!!!!
(I think I won last year but I'm too lazy to find the thread)

Oh. It's a terrible idea then....only of value if I won :p

pauldrc

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2020 Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2019 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2018 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2017 Brisbane Lions - Allen Christensen Player Sponsor 2016 Brisbane Lions - Dayne Beams Player Sponsor 2015 Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - 2013 Elliot Yeo Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - 2013 Daniel Rich Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Brisbane 2010 Player Sponsor
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC Suns
2 girls 1 cup?

Rayner for me.

Sausages

Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Do I get any royalties from the title attached to the poll? :D

Well we're back for another week and amazingly there was only one person knocked out (Sorry BigCat2 )

The below players are still in. Vote away

Note if you missed the start you'll have to wait for the end of the current comp to rejoin.

1554463273441.png

So I forgot to enter last week. Previously due to poor scoring the competition started over a few times and you could join when it restarted for everyone. But this year the high scoring by wide range of players may mean I missed the one opportunity to join the competition for the entire year.

Isn't it wonderful.

Back