Game Day The Corner Hotel Music Contest #9 - Best Album Song - Votes due Friday 7PM - Send to Infamy

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to TCH MC #9

The winner for the previous contest Infamy has selected this week's theme

It requires a lot more digging in unearthing that one song that is a true gem.

This theme is Best Album Song focusing on any song that never got released as a single anywhere

A song that was overshadowed yet should be standing side-by-side along one of the best singles.

Rules

1. In order to compete, subsequently post if you are in or not.

2. Once enough people have signed up to participate, PM Infamy YOUR SONG and Youtubelink all together. Try to keep the song you choose no more than 5 minutes, for brevity’s sake. If you pick a song that has already been chosen, Infamy will advise you to pick again.

3. Infamy will post all songs in the multiple posts when everyone has submitted a song. To vote, send me a list of your favourite 10 songs IN ORDER. The points allocated to each song are as follows:

1st – 12 points
2nd – 10 points
3rd – 8 points
4th – 7 points
5th – 6 points
6th – 5 points
7th – 4 points
8th - 3 points
9th - 2 points
10th - 1 point

Naturally, you cannot vote for your own song.

4. Once all votes have been received, I will read them out and periodically update the score tally. In the end, there will be one winner, earning themselves bragging rights.

5. You must remain ANONYMOUS. Do not mention your song, don't even hint at it, or I will be forced to disqualify you

6. The winner gets to choose the next theme.

7. In the event of a tie, the song with the most total voters, regardless of points given, wins. If still tied, the song with the most 12 point votes wins, then 10 votes, 8, etc. down to one. If after all that it's still tied, the tied songs will be broken by the number of points they gave each other, highest winning. If STILL tied, the neutral vote-receiver will determine the winner.

FURTHERMORE, I WILL BE PARTICIPATING SO I WILL BE SENDING MY VOTES TO SOMEONE ELSE AND THEY CAN VERIFY WHEN I DO THE VOTE COUNT FOR TRANSPARENCY

Just to clarify some of the points that were raised in the previous thread

- This is for songs that were never released anywhere as a single. The easiest way to find this out is by going to the artists discography on Wikipedia and seeing if it is listed under the Singles section. If its listed there then its ineligible. If you are picking a really obscure band then it may be tougher to find this out, but don't waste too much time searching the entire internet.

- Promo singles don't count towards being ineligible as these are generally weren't available for purchase to the public.

- With the rise of digital releases, there are a few cases of songs that weren't released as a single then charting from being purchased as a stand alone track on a digital market place. This doesn't mean the song is ineligible if it never was released as an actual single.

- Generally songs released as a AA side single are ineligible, i.e. "Muse - Hyper Music/Feeling Good", but anything that is a B side is fine. I have been notified of some older artists that always released their singles with the name of the B side in the title of the record. The B side in this case is fine as its just the way they released their music.

- The 5 min limit is a guideline to stop people having to listen for too long to do their votes, but with this topic its often the longer tracks that are the ones that aren't released as a single. So while I don't really want you choosing 25 min prog rock epics, don't worry about going a little over on this one.

I am planning on entering this contest, I will pick my song last to give everyone their first shot at the song they want. I'll also send my votes through to Equus as soon as I put the songs up for verification and I will put the votes and scores up on a public folder for all to be able to see to make sure I don't pull any fast ones :)

Last edited:
In and done. Again, a tough shortlist to choose from, including a couple of my favourite al time songs which unfortunately broke the time limit by more than just a little.

Sent my song to Infamy the other day.
If it needs to go to Equus, could you forward it, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back