The Countdown - 3 weeks to AFLW Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to the 3 games at Norwood Oval, perfect ground for AFLW. Grand final rematch should well attended, girls look fit and firing ready for the new season.

Can't wait for the opening bounce.

Probably won't get as many as the inaugural game but if the weather holds out I expect a pretty decent crowd. It is a shame only 1 game a week is on FTA in most places (WA and SA get special treatment) forcing me to go to a pub to watch the interstate games which will no doubt be showing horse racing or something dumb on the big screen instead.

Really excited, thinking Carlton the most improved team this year with Stevens and Harris brought in and Gee in the draft
What I like about the AFLW at this point is, it is so hard to make accurate predictions as there are so many unknowns. What impact will the youth girls have coming into established teams? What impact will having a core group in their second pre season have? An acknowledgement of coaches was, they discovered they did not have the contact time to embed in the game plans they came up with, and had to modify on the fly. They are now in their second season with a lot of players, what effect will it have? Coaching panels also did not have anything to really work with in making plans, as it was all up in the air, they have now seen a season, game plans will be adjusted to suite.

I think their will be significant advances on all fronts, to the point that teams can be significantly better this year, and still fall down the ladder.

Can't wait for the opening bounce.

Probably won't get as many as the inaugural game but if the weather holds out I expect a pretty decent crowd. It is a shame only 1 game a week is on FTA in most places (WA and SA get special treatment) forcing me to go to a pub to watch the interstate games which will no doubt be showing horse racing or something dumb on the big screen instead.
Are the afl.com.au streams an option for you?

Are the afl.com.au streams an option for you?

Yeah, but the streams don't have bitrate control so if you don't have great net it just buffers all the time as it tries to play the video in high quality.

At least the streams are high quality, if you have good enough internet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back