The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Younis Khan return to form. Hoping to see a big innings from him today, one of the best batsman of our generation.

Ok so that was one hell of a spell from Sok. Must be a dynamite pitch. Ball seemed to jump all over the place.

Glad they played renshaw. Was in doubt for the test but I think you just can't go past his temperament in any conditions. Isi hard done by give his past 18 months. Probably deserved a second go against spin...especially when his spot was taken by the marsh brothers.

Have never been a fan of SOK, but I agree that was a great spell. I am tempered a little, though, by guys like Krejza who had one good test in India (albeit a very expensive test) then faded into oblivion.

Given the strength on the Indian batting, I think we still need to make them chase 450.

I see you're not a fan of the Marsh brothers, BH. And rightly so. I don't mind Shaun but Mitch just doesn't perform at all. Renshaw shows a lot of promise and needs to be given a fair shot. I think Khawaja is Marshly treated, too.

O'Keefe 6/35 in both innings.

Wow. Just wow.
Did you watch any of the highlights? Extraordinary amount of turn but the one doing the damage for Sok was the one that stayed straight (as it can do randomly in India without the intention of the bowler). His line appeared to be perfect to take advantage of the turning ball and the straight one. Ideal bowler for these conditions.

Smith's ton was amazing given the conditions.

Oh and shout out to wade. Seems to have improved his keeping. His stumping was very fast hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch any of the highlights? Extraordinary amount of turn but the one doing the damage for Sok was the one that stayed straight (as it can do randomly in India without the intention of the bowler). His line appeared to be perfect to take advantage of the turning ball and the straight one. Ideal bowler for these conditions.

Smith's ton was amazing given the conditions.

Oh and shout out to wade. Seems to have improved his keeping. His stumping was very fast hands.
Spot on. Smith's innings was such a contrast to the way the Indians (first innings - haven't seen highlights of the second dig yet) played. The Indians appeared to play for the turn. Smith played each ball on its merits.

Remarkable test. I couldn't imagine that there is an Australian supporter who would have believed that we could have dismissed the best team in the world twice in only 75 overs on their home deck.

There have been quite a few Indian cricketers over the years that I simply do not like. Harbhajan Singh stands above all. He comes out and says this Australian side is the worst ever to tour the sub-continent. Rubbing his nose in this win is most satisfying.

It is quite remarkable that this team of relative B-Graders (with the exception of Smith and possibly Warner) could do something that the Aussie super teams of the past have failed to do.

Those of us who have been pushing for Maxwell's inclusion in the team are feeling really good about this right now.
This has been his longest innings in international cricket. Well played! He has the talent but has lacked the application. Maybe the start of something for him. Also the highest score by a number six for Australia since smith scored 100 in 2014. Shows how s**t it has been playing all rounders in that slot.

This has been his longest innings in international cricket. Well played! He has the talent but has lacked the application. Maybe the start of something for him. Also the highest score by a number six for Australia since smith scored 100 in 2014. Shows how s**t it has been playing all rounders in that slot.

Can you imagine how it would be if he got comfortable at Test level? Brilliant fielder, could chip in with a few overs from time to time, and Smith could do what Ian Chappell used to do with Doug Walters. He told Doug that he would stay at 6, but whether the score was 4/400 or 4/40, he wanted him to go out and bat the same way. The aim of this was so Walters was in no doubt what was expected of him when he walked out.

I could see Maxy turning Tests around the way he bats. He'd still need to bat differently to how he bats at T20, but I just get the feeling once Maxwell feels like he belongs in the Test team, there's no limit to what he may achieve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back