The Cricket Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

arupist

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Marnus and Siddle will be the 2 to miss out in the first test.
I agree they should, but I doubt they will. Well, Siddle will barring injury, but I think Marnus Labius Africanus will play for two reasons:
1. He is a part time leggy that may work in SL
2. Ponting and others seemed quite impressed by him.

I suspect the batman to miss will be either Burns or Renshaw.

If it was up to me, I would drop Head. Burns, Renshaw and Pucovski are capable of scoring centuries. Head is not. And his bowling is very, very ordinary.

thejockey

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
My guess is Burns will open with Harris . Burns gets a few tests as reward for shield form .
Whoever wins that mini battle keeps their spot when Warner returns.

Renshaw is in as a ‘cuddle’ to let him know he is still the long term opening prospect if he wants it enough .Keeps him around the team and in the environment where they can develop him how they want.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
Kind of agree with this. I would make a radical change in the batting order.
Kawaja to 5
Burns at 6
Renshaw and Harris to open
Pucovski at 3 or four

Take your pick for the other spot.

As I said a radical change but I feel as though that combination could provide the basis for a complete rebuild. Young and very inexperienced. We need to start somewhere. See what these players can provide before the return of Smith Warner and maybe Bancroft.

arupist

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Last season I thought Patterson might be someone to keep an eye on. Seems he is getting back into some serious form. Good innings against the tourists and looking good again in the second dig. Pity about Renshaw and Burns burning their chances. Labius needs a big score tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom